Red Bud MXdN cooler policy?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/10/2018 7:35 PM

I’ve always dragged a wagon with a cooler of beer behind me while attending AMA Nationals at Red Bud. Will the rules be the same at MXdN?

|

9/10/2018 8:14 PM

I heard the track owners say they applied for a license to be able to sell beer... if they are successful at getting said license, then alcohol can't be brought inside. (against the law to BYOB where alcohol is being sold)

Not sure if they've announced the final word yet

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

9/10/2018 8:19 PM

Just tell them your screen name is quadzrulebro. That should whisk you right past security.

|

9/10/2018 8:22 PM

They don’t allow wagons.

|

9/10/2018 8:35 PM

GuyB wrote:

Just tell them your screen name is quadzrulebro. That should whisk you right past security.

If all goes well, Tom and I will see you there. Hopefully with our cooler of beer.

|

9/10/2018 9:12 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

I heard the track owners say they applied for a license to be able to sell beer... if they are successful at getting said license, then alcohol can't be brought inside. (against the law to BYOB where alcohol is being sold)

You can byob at ironman National they sell beer. Almost all of the Nationals have some sort of beer tent.

|

IG @jaredkeller96

9/10/2018 9:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/10/2018 9:19 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

jaredkeller96 wrote:

You can byob at ironman National they sell beer. Almost all of the Nationals have some sort of beer tent.

Then perhaps they meant they're trying to sell liquor drinks, because they did use the term liquor license. All I know is that Tim Richie said if they get approved for it, it won't be a BYOB event. Now I doubt that means no coolers at all.... but it sounds like it would be a real mess to have to police though

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

9/10/2018 9:42 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

jaredkeller96 wrote:

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Then perhaps they meant they're trying to sell liquor drinks, because they did use the term liquor license. All I know is that Tim Richie said if they get approved for it, it won't be a BYOB event. Now I doubt that means no coolers at all.... but it sounds like it would be a real mess to have to police though

I think he meant no beer inside the track if they get a liquor license. It won't affect the camping areas. No glass.

|

9/11/2018 5:47 AM

No alcohol may be brought in to the race according to the website.

|

9/11/2018 5:52 AM

"NO ALCOHOL MAY BE TAKEN INTO THE TRACK AREA. Beer and sangria will be available to purchase at the track."

I posted that this would be the case (based on the same event last year) a few months ago and got shot down for merely suggesting it, seems I wasn't "out of my mind" afterall!

|

9/11/2018 6:52 AM

toddh wrote:

No alcohol may be brought in to the race according to the website.

That sucks. That was part of the fun of Red Bud. Maybe I’ll just race that weekend.

|

9/11/2018 7:00 AM

The beer and pisser lines will be one for the ages.

|

9/11/2018 7:13 AM

Jeez if they get that license that’s some serious money. And a scam probably be 10$ a beer

|

9/11/2018 7:33 AM

I can't even begin to imagine how long the beer lines will be inside the track area.

|

9/11/2018 7:35 AM

So, the way I am understanding, and it looks like a few of you agree, is that you can bring and drink whatever you want in the camping areas (no glass), but you cannot bring your own drinks into the "track area", which i assume means the infield area of the track and the paddock.

|

9/11/2018 8:03 AM

Photo

Based on what I've read, I've put together this useful guide for drinking at Red Bud MXoN
|

9/12/2018 7:32 AM

Around 2001 or so my buddy and I got word that they weren't allowing beer to be brought inside the gates at the Glen Helen National. Damn it, what now we thought?

My buddy an I knew we wouldn't be able to afford $10 beers all day, so we hit Albertson's the morning of the National and tried to figure out a way to smuggle in booze instead.

While in the liquor isle, I noticed that Margarita Mix had a strong resemblance to Lemon-Lime Gatorade. We quickly grabbed one to confirm and damn, it was a close match!

We had our plan and we bought something like 6 bottles of Margarita Mix, 12 or so 32oz Lemon-Lime Gatorades and a handle of silver Jose Cuervo. The good stuff...good for a bad hangover!

Out in the parking lot of Albertson's we began pouring out perfectly good Gatorade, but immediately we had decided to keep about 1/3 of the Gatorade in each of the containers for "hydration", and to cut the sweet-tart taste of the Margarita Mix.

We then mixed in another 1/3 of Margarita Mix and another 1/3 of Tequila.

Mind you everything was room temp, but once we shook one up and had a taste, we new were on to something!

We covered up the 12 or so of the 32oz incognito concoctions with plenty of ice in our cooler and drove off to Glen Helen.

Getting past Security was a breeze, the guy dug through a layer of ice and said, "Man, you guys really like Gatorade", we said, "Nope, it was on sale and it's gonna be a hot one!" And we were in!!

It wasn't long after we realized how potent this mix was and at around halfway through the day, a guy who had been standing near us walks up with a cup and says, "they're ain't no way that's just Gatorade, you guys are having too good of a time. Pour me a splash would ya?" He took one sip and said, man, that stuff is toxic!

We decided then that we'd call it "Toxic Gatorade", and although it sounded lame, that name stuck for awhile until a year or so later when we decided on calling it "Gatorita!".

If you partied with us at the races, the river, concerts and etc from that point on until the late 2000's, there is a 100% chance that you drank Gatorita. We eventually started mixing it by the gallons and we brought that stuff everywhere!

Anyhow, wish I could make it to the MXoN at REDDDDD BUDDDDDD!! Hopefully somebody will have a Gatorita or two for us!

Cheers!
|

Do It In The Dirt!

9/12/2018 7:49 AM

Wrap coke cans around your beer cans and theyll never know!

|

9/12/2018 1:53 PM

Not cooler related but is a packpack allowed?

|

9/12/2018 2:01 PM

taken directly from the site /https://redbudmxon.com/event/

Event Information and Rules
NO PETS in spectator areas. Pets are only permitted in RVs in a campsite, not in tents or outside the campsite.

SPECTATORS MAY NOT USE OR BRING PERSONAL VEHICLES – no golf carts, side by sides, pit bikes, quads, etc. Bicycles are permitted in the campsites but not inside the track area. If these vehicles are brought to the track, they may not be unloaded!

Each vehicle must contain at least one person 18 years of age or older.

CANOPIES are permitted outside the track infield in many areas. They are not permitted inside the track infield, or in the lower section of any hillside seating outside the track.

FOOD AND DRINK concessions will be open at the camping area and the track area throughout the weekend.

NO ALCOHOL MAY BE TAKEN INTO THE TRACK AREA. Beer and sangria will be available to purchase at the track.

NO GLASS BOTTLES OR CONTAINERS.

No house furniture in the campgrounds.

Adults age 21 and over may bring your own alcohol in non-glass containers to the campgrounds.

|

9/12/2018 2:08 PM

vosser130 wrote: Photo

Based on what I've read, I've put together this useful guide for drinking at Red Bud MXoN

Greatly appreciate you taking the time to create this. Will help in planning beer runs for Saturday and Sunday.

|

9/12/2018 2:13 PM

dammit.... no house furniture...

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

9/12/2018 2:44 PM

dsmith wrote:

dammit.... no house furniture...

Not sure what I'm going to do with my Lay-Z-Boy recliner now...

|

9/12/2018 2:56 PM

Are swimming pools allowed in the pits?

|

9/13/2018 7:09 AM

Guess lll print some coke can lables to put over my beer cans lol

|

9/13/2018 7:23 AM

We asked on The MotoXpod Show about wagons and he said "No." He said it is because people would ride them down the hills, lol.

|

9/13/2018 10:31 AM

racingfortheson wrote:

We asked on The MotoXpod Show about wagons and he said "No." He said it is because people would ride them down the hills, lol.

laughing laughing laughing laughing There goes all the fun!
|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals