Record Supercross on TV

wwdiii
Edited Date/Time 11/20/2019 4:48pm
I looked at the Schedule, best I can tell it’s NBC sports gold, same as Lucas. I sure hope it’s not recorded all chopped up like Lucas series was.

Closest race to me is Dallas if I recall, 4 hrs. from my casa in League City, Houston area. Never been to a live supercross race, I would think with good seats it’s a good spectator sport.

I’d guess tickets to be buck fifty give or take.
|
FeetUp
11/19/2019 8:04pm
I'm in Vegas, about a 4hr. drive to the Anaheim races. Here is what happened in January of this year...

wwdiii
11/20/2019 4:42am
650 looks about right. I've spent that much and all that went on was walking around following my wife as she sniffed candle's at some festival. They did have beer!!

Payup_199
11/20/2019 5:33am
You gotta go to at least 1 race once in your life. Support the sport you love. I've been to Vegas and Indy many times. We just get mid-level price seats in a good location. Views are good and fun times.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
11/20/2019 5:42am
My dad used to take us to the St. Louis supercross 10 hours from where I grew up. It was the closest one. We would sit in the nosebleeds and could barely see what was happening but we loved every minute of it.

Now that I’m financially independent and live in a city that sometimes hosts a race (minneapolis) I buy the best seats possible. It’s worth every penny. Nothing better. Always thankful for those times with my dad who couldn’t afford it but made it work just to share that with us. My daughter has been to supercross twice now and will never know what the nosebleeds are like haha I’m thankful.

The Shop

11/20/2019 7:22am
I always score free tickets, and no matter where they are located in the stadium, I almost always prefer to sit in the nosebleeds. To me, the biggest advantage of going to a live race is being able to see the entire track instead of just where the camera is pointed. I feel like I can see more of the track from up higher in the stadium.
11/20/2019 7:49am
I always score free tickets, and no matter where they are located in the stadium, I almost always prefer to sit in the nosebleeds. To me...
I always score free tickets, and no matter where they are located in the stadium, I almost always prefer to sit in the nosebleeds. To me, the biggest advantage of going to a live race is being able to see the entire track instead of just where the camera is pointed. I feel like I can see more of the track from up higher in the stadium.
I don't get nosebleed but I do get 2nd or 3rd layer for the same reason- I like to see the whole track. Tickets are always around $50. I don't spend much on food and a lot of times, we drive home that night... the adrenalin's pumping and I can always pull over and sleep a little but with 2-3 drivers, it's not bad, esp if one person sleeps in the back. We drove Amarillo to Dallas last year (5 hours) and did the whole thing in one day.

Definitely worth going. I'm in striking range of 3 races- Phoenix, Dallas, Denver and I might try to make all three this year.
Bramlett321
11/20/2019 7:52am
That's about right as far as the $600-700 goes. We drive to the Dallas race every year and it takes about 3 hours but well worth it. If you can afford to go for the good seats it's a blast. Make a day of it going from practice back and forth to the pits, we sat right at ground level rhythm section and were on our feet yelling at Kenny and Coop !! Fun to be a squid for a day.
honda341
11/20/2019 12:31pm
Third level is the best for the Dallas Supercross. 2nd Level isn't bad, not really a bad seat anywhere. 4th level you may miss parts due to the screen. We used to wait until the week of when they are trying to fill seats and get cheaper tickets on the first section. You were low enough you couldn't see the far two or three lanes. Good time. Just bring 25-50, forget how much, for parking.
SPODEBOY
11/20/2019 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2019 1:33pm
For many years when I was younger I would buy the cheapest seats available. Then after heat one I would find a much better seat Smile This is easy when there are just a few of you. We would usually get the front row club level as most of those tickets are reserved for industry ballers who sometimes never even go to their seats. I did that for like 10 years till I started having kids. Then mama would get nervous so I stopped.

I have also found that tix prices vary. For instance Anaheim was ALWAYS the most expensive but right down the road in SD they were 70% cheaper? Not sure if this is still the case today.

Nowadays when I feel like hearing guys behind me talk about this sport with absolutely no clue, get beer spilled down my back, see my littler kids get pushed out of their seats by drunkards, inhale a few doobs via contact high I buy the top level 1st row. LoL.

With that said last year was the first time since 1981 I have not gone to one SX or MX race.
ProKawi24
11/20/2019 3:20pm
SPODEBOY wrote:
For many years when I was younger I would buy the cheapest seats available. Then after heat one I would find a much better seat :)...
For many years when I was younger I would buy the cheapest seats available. Then after heat one I would find a much better seat Smile This is easy when there are just a few of you. We would usually get the front row club level as most of those tickets are reserved for industry ballers who sometimes never even go to their seats. I did that for like 10 years till I started having kids. Then mama would get nervous so I stopped.

I have also found that tix prices vary. For instance Anaheim was ALWAYS the most expensive but right down the road in SD they were 70% cheaper? Not sure if this is still the case today.

Nowadays when I feel like hearing guys behind me talk about this sport with absolutely no clue, get beer spilled down my back, see my littler kids get pushed out of their seats by drunkards, inhale a few doobs via contact high I buy the top level 1st row. LoL.

With that said last year was the first time since 1981 I have not gone to one SX or MX race.
If you ever come up for a Santa Clara race (hoping they eventually go back there) or I come down to an Anahiem race, you can split the handicapped section with me dude. I can have up to like 6 "companions" and they always have an assigned person to watch your area to make sure no assholes try to come invade your space. Every time I always ask them to grab us some beers and snacks and slip them a couple 20's on top of the food price. Funny how suddenly the refills are free :D They take good care of wheelchair guys at the races that's for sure.
bonseff
11/20/2019 3:56pm
Being local in Dallas, my thing is buy the cheapest tickets, show up early for practice and qualifying. Bump around the stadium during the day for different views of the track because it is empty except for other die-hards. Spend some time in the pits and head home to watch the main on the couch.

Then again I am old and hate the general public, especially a packed, drunk stadium.
bonseff
11/20/2019 4:03pm
It always trips me out watching privateers try to qualify and struggle, because I know they are fast as shit but seeing the track eat people alive is humbling and makes me appreciate why the pros are pros.
wwdiii
11/20/2019 4:48pm
I just realized, I would need a dog sitter for the wifes Wennie dog that cost more than my first car!!!.

I'll just watch on TV.

Post a reply to: Record Supercross on TV

The Latest