Redbud and MXDN

Edited Date/Time 7/5/2018 12:08pm
I will be heading from California to Michigan in early October on business, so we will be able to hit Redbud for MXDN (with my 10 and 12yr old boys). I know it is really early, but was hoping for a little intel on the track. How much can you see from anyone spot? I am hoping at least 50%, but I have never been and we were curious as it is hard to tell on TV. Also, what are the best places to sit on the track? The boys aren't tall, so hopefully there are some decently steep hillsides that will allow somewhat unobstructed viewing? Anyone know if they will allow coolers in to the event? What about a guesstimate of how the crowds will compare to the nationals? I think I have heard they see 20 to 25K at the national? At motocross of nations in Europe I hear they have been pulling in 40k to 60k (I remember hearing 60K at Ernee), but I have no idea what will happen at Redbud..... Hopefully it is a good size crowd, I am sure a good number of Euros will show up with the proximity to Chicago. Can Redbud handle large crowds and still provide decent viewing? I think that's it for now, thanks for the info!!

|
redrider_714
Fantasy
2268th
4/11/2018 4:45pm
If your on the infield by the Ski Jump I wild say you could see 75% of the track depending on how get route it. There is a nice hillside that a lot of people set their chairs on for the day. LaRoccos Leap and the Sand Rollers are on the other side of the infield but that is all you can see from that side. They have a few bleachers but not sure if they will bring in more for the MXdN.

Not sure on coolers as we would usually fill up our cargo shorts with some adult beverages and wander through out the day.

Defiantly a must visit for any moto fan.
4/11/2018 4:49pm
There really isn’t a bad place to watch at Redbuuuuud! I’ll be there for the National and for MXDN
MX Culture
4/11/2018 6:22pm
Place is going to be rocking, I will tell you that.
Most fan friendly track on the tour.
People that have never been to the national already telling me they are going to this event.
It's going to be epic.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
4/11/2018 6:28pm
If your on the infield by the Ski Jump I wild say you could see 75% of the track depending on how get route it. There...
If your on the infield by the Ski Jump I wild say you could see 75% of the track depending on how get route it. There is a nice hillside that a lot of people set their chairs on for the day. LaRoccos Leap and the Sand Rollers are on the other side of the infield but that is all you can see from that side. They have a few bleachers but not sure if they will bring in more for the MXdN.

Not sure on coolers as we would usually fill up our cargo shorts with some adult beverages and wander through out the day.

Defiantly a must visit for any moto fan.
I've been to about 5 nationals there, great viewing but not getting how you say you can see 75% of the track. You can either see one side or the other, at least as far as I remember. I think it would be a cool experience to see the MXDN, and still debating on going. Just think it's going to be a mad house and you aren't going to see a lot, more there to experience the people from all the different countries and then go home and see most of it on tv.

The Shop

davis224
Fantasy
165th
4/11/2018 7:15pm
Stand next to the infield bleachers by the launch pad, if you walk back and forth a little, you can see 95% of the track
Jimfunn
4/12/2018 3:18am
Remember this is a part YouthStream event so likely to have the track lined with 4-5 foot high advertising boards which limits viewing quite a bit.

At the Euro MXdN's i've been to we have such huge crowds that also can restrict viewing and getting a spot trackside is impossible unless you're there hours before the first practice.

I'm still contemplating coming over for Redbud - any idea what the weather is like there in Oct?
motomike137
4/12/2018 3:51am
Jimfunn wrote:
Remember this is a part YouthStream event so likely to have the track lined with 4-5 foot high advertising boards which limits viewing quite a bit...
Remember this is a part YouthStream event so likely to have the track lined with 4-5 foot high advertising boards which limits viewing quite a bit.

At the Euro MXdN's i've been to we have such huge crowds that also can restrict viewing and getting a spot trackside is impossible unless you're there hours before the first practice.

I'm still contemplating coming over for Redbud - any idea what the weather is like there in Oct?
I hope to hell you are wrong about the signage. That will flat out suck and maybe ruin the experience for some. As for the op and his boys being able to see I agree that the southern half of the track will be the place to spectate from. If they get a giant crowd it still won't be easy to see a lot of the track clearly.

Jimfunn the weather can be both fantastic or not great in October. Fall in Michigan is really pretty either way.
mmain62
4/12/2018 4:09am
I have had mt hotel booked for months and my tickets are setlled in nicey at home waiting for October. I feel like all of us that are going will be walking a mile or two from where we park.
JB 19
4/12/2018 4:41am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 6:13am
Red Bud is decent for viewing, but at any national there are so many people lining the fence that I always think it's difficult to see much of the racing. At a regular race at Red Bud there aren't nearly as many people.
Raceline
4/12/2018 4:59am
If you manage to get on the bleachers between both halves of the track you can see a lot but I bet those will cost extra or be booked days before racing even starts. I love to sit up the hill near the ski jump. You can see pretty much the entire first half of the track. I usually watch the first motos there then move over to Loroccos for the second motos.

I wish they would bring back the downhill triple and double double in the infield. That section was so much better than the current table top. But the uphill triple after the ski jump is a nice addition.
Canoe589
4/12/2018 6:29am
The top row of the bleachers above the Monza corner is the only place to see the entire track (I bought tickets there one year). Usually it is best to be on the hillside next to the ski jump. I've gone to probably 25 nationals at Red Bud and you won't be disappointed.
Paul333
4/12/2018 6:42am
Great thread, I plan on attending the MXDN this year myself with three friends.
Mucktub
4/12/2018 7:10am
What's a bleacher?

Our usual MXdN trip makers will be in attendance.
kNewc
4/12/2018 7:15am
Canoe589 wrote:
The top row of the bleachers above the Monza corner is the only place to see the entire track (I bought tickets there one year). Usually...
The top row of the bleachers above the Monza corner is the only place to see the entire track (I bought tickets there one year). Usually it is best to be on the hillside next to the ski jump. I've gone to probably 25 nationals at Red Bud and you won't be disappointed.
The top of the bleacher seats are the best around. We are talking with the owners in getting us tickets. Hopefully we can get a couple! I'll be there though - got tickets on the sale date! lol
4/12/2018 7:36am
Jimfunn wrote:
Remember this is a part YouthStream event so likely to have the track lined with 4-5 foot high advertising boards which limits viewing quite a bit...

I hope to hell you are wrong about the signage. That will flat out suck and maybe ruin the experience for some. As for the op...
I hope to hell you are wrong about the signage. That will flat out suck and maybe ruin the experience for some. As for the op and his boys being able to see I agree that the southern half of the track will be the place to spectate from. If they get a giant crowd it still won't be easy to see a lot of the track clearly.

Jimfunn the weather can be both fantastic or not great in October. Fall in Michigan is really pretty either way.
It wasn't like that at the USGP last September. They had their signs, but they really didn't block any view.

If you can get the VIP tickets it is well worth it. If I was going to the MXDN I'd borrow the money if I didn't have it! And I mean the full-ride, top of the line VIP tickets. You'll be rubbing elbows with the riders and eating and drinking very well with great seats.
brlatm
4/12/2018 8:40am
It wasn't like that at the USGP last September. They had their signs, but they really didn't block any view. If you can get the VIP...
It wasn't like that at the USGP last September. They had their signs, but they really didn't block any view.

If you can get the VIP tickets it is well worth it. If I was going to the MXDN I'd borrow the money if I didn't have it! And I mean the full-ride, top of the line VIP tickets. You'll be rubbing elbows with the riders and eating and drinking very well with great seats.
And that cold adult beverage was needed as hot as it was outside the VIP tents HarryBro.
jj welks
4/12/2018 10:01am
That is gonna be one hell of an experience for your kids, hope ya have fun, I'll be slaving away that day most likely lol
4/12/2018 10:34am
It wasn't like that at the USGP last September. They had their signs, but they really didn't block any view. If you can get the VIP...

brlatm wrote:
And that cold adult beverage was needed as hot as it was outside the VIP tents HarryBro.
Yep, and meeting you and your son was a highlight for sure!
Agent717
4/12/2018 2:07pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 2:08pm
Me and a couple buddies are flying in, renting an RV and camping in B Lot. I'm looking forward t o the shenanigans.

See ya there!
Mucktub
4/12/2018 4:11pm
Mucktub wrote:
Anyone? Bleacher?
The bleachers are the wooden benches you sit on in the grandstands. I am guessing that must be an "American" term!
Thank you. I look forward to sitting on the bleachers at Red Bud. You Americans are going to have to go some to beat the Euros at partying. I've seen some crazy shit going down at all the euro campsites for MXdN. Especially France, Italy and UK.

Fuck the racing we want to see some hardcore partying and nonsense. You lads don't get the chance all that often enmass in a full international scale, so you better make it count.
aeffertz
4/12/2018 8:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 8:19pm
Mucktub wrote:
Thank you. I look forward to sitting on the bleachers at Red Bud. You Americans are going to have to go some to beat the Euros...
Thank you. I look forward to sitting on the bleachers at Red Bud. You Americans are going to have to go some to beat the Euros at partying. I've seen some crazy shit going down at all the euro campsites for MXdN. Especially France, Italy and UK.

Fuck the racing we want to see some hardcore partying and nonsense. You lads don't get the chance all that often enmass in a full international scale, so you better make it count.
Probably the best place in the US to find the party scene at a moto event. Shit... Wisconsin only exists because of beer. Youll be good. Hit me up if you remember. Always looking for veteran drinking friends. I still need to look into the rules to see if kegs are allowed. I plan on bringing a few if so.

Not sure what the euro term is but you will see some rednecks or bogans for sure.
G-man
4/12/2018 8:45pm
Agent717 wrote:
Me and a couple buddies are flying in, renting an RV and camping in B Lot. I'm looking forward t o the shenanigans.

See ya there!
Hey I see you live in Mesa, I sent you a message.

Thanks
hyler199
4/12/2018 8:48pm
We'll be there with a group of 73 Dutch and Belgium fans! Starting with a nice week in SoCal, two nights Vegas and finish the trip...
We'll be there with a group of 73 Dutch and Belgium fans! Starting with a nice week in SoCal, two nights Vegas and finish the trip with 3 days of MXoN, should be good!

www.WestCoastTravelAdventure.com

Where are you guys staying the weekend for Red Bud?
Prejump
4/13/2018 5:24am
Going to be interesting to see the US reaction when some kid they have never heard of from some country they have never heard of smokes the MX2 class. Red Bud is going to suit Pauls Jonass!
SKlein
4/13/2018 6:01am Edited Date/Time 4/13/2018 6:01am
Prejump wrote:
Going to be interesting to see the US reaction when some kid they have never heard of from some country they have never heard of smokes...
Going to be interesting to see the US reaction when some kid they have never heard of from some country they have never heard of smokes the MX2 class. Red Bud is going to suit Pauls Jonass!
Unfortunately Zacho is well suited for Red Bud also.
Beeby
4/13/2018 6:53am
I’ll be more interested to see the US fans discover the price of a beer if youth stream have anything to do with it!

Post a reply to: Redbud and MXDN

The Latest