Really liking this whole announcer crew

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2018 1:55 PM

Will the sideline reported has been good seems like its a good formula to use euros for pit reporting.

|

5/19/2018 2:02 PM

Agreed. Great to have Langston back in the booth after all those weeks of christly Ralph. And while Georgia was certainly a loss, first impressions are Will is a win.

|

5/19/2018 2:05 PM

steveyd wrote:

Agreed. Great to have Langston back in the booth after all those weeks of christly Ralph. And while Georgia was certainly a loss, first impressions are Will is a win.

I will disagree on Will. She doesn't seem to know sport or riders. It's early so I will not judge too much.

Georgia knew the sport and the riders. She was the best by far.

|

5/19/2018 2:08 PM

bootleg Georgia

|

-'09 KX500AF

- '19 KX450F

5/19/2018 2:11 PM

I may be in the minority but I really miss Kelli Stavast. Didn't know the sport when she started and you'd never had known that.

|

5/19/2018 4:57 PM

The outdoors crew is so much better than sx. It was refreshing to not hear ralph and jeff dribbling on about the mental aspect every 30 seconds

|

5/19/2018 4:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 5:01 PM

New girl is excellent. For a first national I thought she did a great job.

|

5/19/2018 5:55 PM

plus 1 they did great .coverage was great. not staying too long on one rider. she never broke in with how they feel.
I think the riders need training or teams need to loosen up about podium rules. its so bad. talk about the race jesh. we know who you ride for and we don't care about your uncles friend who helps you.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

5/19/2018 6:32 PM

Weege and Langston killed it. They do a great job explaining elements of the race without dumbing it down. Coverage was great too.

|

5/19/2018 6:37 PM

Was thinking the same thing watching this first round. The entire Gold pass experience was awesome. Great coverage, great announcing and great quality. The racing was awesome too!

|

5/19/2018 8:06 PM

I hope Shaheen and Emig watch the broadcast and pick up some tips. Quit talking like the audience is always a bunch of noobs. What a relief from the whole supercross team. cool

|

Anyone but Ralph!

5/19/2018 8:11 PM

Weege and Langston are awesome. Weege knows absolutely everything about the sport and Langston brings that championship level knowledge. They're a great combo. The girl (can't remember her name) did a really nice job too. She will only get better.

|

5/19/2018 9:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 9:39 PM

The reason why is probably because they invest some humour and genuine excitement, especially Weege. MX and SX are serious obviously, but a little fun is necessary.
Travers, love that guy, Weege is a little like him. Did a good job on Gold covering the battles as well.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

5/19/2018 9:50 PM

JBernard_401 wrote:

bootleg Georgia

This lol

|

5/19/2018 10:06 PM

I agree the whole production was excellent and great racing all 4 motos! Bring Weigant and something like NBC Gold to SX!!! It is amazing to me how much better the stream is than SX Live.

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

5/19/2018 10:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2018 11:11 PM

Langston and Weege are always awesome. Will seems to be feeling things out a bit, but she’ll pick it up.
Did anyone else notice that they were using JMart’s video game picture when they showed the leaderboard on the screen? I think they did the same for Sexton, too.

|

5/20/2018 6:15 AM

If only weege and Langston could do Supercross too. It would be so much better.

|

5/20/2018 7:13 AM

mx196 wrote:

Weege and Langston killed it. They do a great job explaining elements of the race without dumbing it down. Coverage was great too.

Agreed.

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior

5/21/2018 6:37 AM

aeffertz wrote:

Was thinking the same thing watching this first round. The entire Gold pass experience was awesome. Great coverage, great announcing and great quality. The racing was awesome too!

Even the gieco "15 minutes" things are seemless and unannoying.

Langston does such a good job of pointing out technical aspects of the sport so that newcomers can understand what is happening and old timers nod and think "that is so true".

|

5/21/2018 6:47 AM

I have to admit that after weeks of SX, it was very refreshing to hear the calm voices of Weege and Langston. Some of you may remember I don't care for the weekly Ralph and Jeff complaint threads and have taken the advice of a few of you, and I just stay out of them now. I see no point to it, and I'm able to tune them out and just watch the SX. However, I did notice a distinct difference in announcing styles, and I could listen to Weege and Grant all day with no issues.

|

5/21/2018 9:41 AM

The way weege and Grant commentate brings fans in I think, f1 doesn't talk like their audience is a bunch of 1st graders. The things that Jeff and Ralph say make the sport seem dumb

|