Really? You can't be f'n serious?

Rooster
Edited Date/Time 7/25/2017 12:00pm
Where the hell did the Villipotto off track excursion thread go?

This place has gone to hell if that is a topic that can't be discussed openly and freely.

Did Terry throw a little fit and take his ball and go home?
|
Crush
1/6/2013 12:44am
Was wondering that too, but I had bailed, dinner just got here!

No word from the race director? Weird! Smile
DV-67
1/6/2013 12:52am
Rooster wrote:
Where the hell did the Villipotto off track excursion thread go? This place has gone to hell if that is a topic that can't be discussed...

This place has gone to hell if that is a topic that can't be discussed openly and freely.

Typical TK...............
Choppy
1/6/2013 12:52am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2013 12:53am
People looked bad that didn't want to look bad is all I can guess. For the record I don't care if you're a mod or not I'll call you a dick for insinuating that others are stupid for wanting to discuss an incident/bench race.
MX690
1/6/2013 1:06am
Rooster wrote:
Where the hell did the Villipotto off track excursion thread go? This place has gone to hell if that is a topic that can't be discussed...

Was wondering that myself.

The Shop

Jack Flash
1/6/2013 1:10am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2013 1:11am
I was also looking for it.

Lets rebuild it.

Here is the pic that clearly shows RV about to pass his first safe entry point back onto the track while he thinks of way how to bypass the next complete straight, keeping him from dropping two places.

Rooster
1/6/2013 1:17am
i'm done for the night, but I'll be surprised if this is here when I return.

What a crock of shi.......
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/6/2013 1:37am
Rooster wrote:

When an anti-RV thread is 'tarded...er, started by someone who has a an "Anyone but Villopoto" sig, all credibility was out the window already.
enketchum
1/6/2013 1:45am
That was not a safe entry point, but it seemed that he skipped that whole triple and step on step off section then got back on at home plate. There was a lot of ply wood where he was riding too, dangerous.

I was there, but I didn't see him get pushed off the track. I was told Brayton pushed him off?
MX690
1/6/2013 2:03am
GuyB wrote:
When an anti-RV thread is 'tarded...er, started by someone who has a an "Anyone but Villopoto" sig, all credibility was out the window already.
I didn't think it was an anti RV thread, it may have started that way by the OP, but I think it was more a thread about the rules and if it was the right or wrong place to rejoin a race. I like RV and I still think he'll win the championship, but I still think he did the wrong thing, he had a chance to re enter the track earlier but then looked over, seen those other two guys and got on the gas to stay in front of them and enter the track later was wrong.
1/6/2013 2:10am
Well seeing as he busted his ass 3 times what does it matter? Nothing is guaranteed in life except the law of the seat bounce.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/6/2013 2:10am
Jack Flash wrote:
I was also looking for it. Lets rebuild it. Here is the pic that clearly shows RV about to pass his first safe entry point back...

Lets rebuild it.

Here is the pic that clearly shows RV about to pass his first safe entry point back onto the track while he thinks of way how to bypass the next complete straight, keeping him from dropping two places.

There's no way anyone makes that green line work in the real world.
1/6/2013 2:16am
Jack Flash wrote:
I was also looking for it. Lets rebuild it. Here is the pic that clearly shows RV about to pass his first safe entry point back...

Lets rebuild it.

GuyB wrote:
You guys might notice that he's going from plywood to a softish off camber/impossible turn if he follows that there green line.
FIREfish148
1/6/2013 2:25am
I noticed that he was going like 4th gear pinned on that plywood stuff... Pretty impressive Woohoo
Crush
1/6/2013 2:32am
GuyB wrote:
x 1000000000000 gabillionjillion... especially with two riders on the inside!
Jack Flash
1/6/2013 2:45am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2013 2:56am
I added an optional Blue line, which would let him slow down, turn the bike and gas it up the small incline.
The lines are merely an indication of intended direction.
I assume that gap between the Thor and Monster blocks is to re-enter the track and would be his first point of re-entry?

Watching the video again, he did not even look up to find an opening, kinda figured there would be one down the track, in his favour the only one available was at the end.
AS64
Fantasy
2156th
1/6/2013 3:03am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2013 3:03am
GuyB wrote:
HAHAHHAHAA.. Don't mind the cap locks... I should hit the sack before I wake the house up again.
1/6/2013 3:22am
Jack Flash wrote:
I added an optional Blue line, which would let him slow down, turn the bike and gas it up the small incline. The lines are merely...
I added an optional Blue line, which would let him slow down, turn the bike and gas it up the small incline.
I assume that gap between the Thor and Monster blocks is to re-enter the track and would be his first point of re-entry?

Watching the video again, he did not even look up to find an opening, kinda figured there would be one down the track, in his favour the only one available was at the end.
I love how technical your diagram is.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
1/6/2013 4:01am
I have no problem with him entering where he did and skipping the entire section. The problem I have is he skipped the section in 4th gear with the throttle wound to the stops. I dunno wat the answer is but the way he railed round the outside while everyone else bounced and skipped over the actual track kinda looked a bit like someone hauling ass through pitlane of a car race while the rest of the field crawl along with the speed limiter engaged.

Again, I dunno how u fix it other then a walking pace rule while on the other side of the barriers, u better believe they'd all get back on the track quick smart then haha
1/6/2013 4:30am
haydos25 wrote:
I have no problem with him entering where he did and skipping the entire section. The problem I have is he skipped the section in 4th...
I have no problem with him entering where he did and skipping the entire section. The problem I have is he skipped the section in 4th gear with the throttle wound to the stops. I dunno wat the answer is but the way he railed round the outside while everyone else bounced and skipped over the actual track kinda looked a bit like someone hauling ass through pitlane of a car race while the rest of the field crawl along with the speed limiter engaged.

Again, I dunno how u fix it other then a walking pace rule while on the other side of the barriers, u better believe they'd all get back on the track quick smart then haha
You realize he finished in 16th right? Kind of a non factor in the night as a whole to me.
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
1/6/2013 5:18am
You realize he finished in 16th right? Kind of a non factor in the night as a whole to me.
I do realise that, those thoughts immediately popped into my head when I saw it happen, in the end it was a non issue as he crashed again, but had he not binned it and went on to podium, which at the time of the original incident was a possibility then this is something that would've caused a much bigger storm and would've had to have be looked at.

Not just for rv but for everyone in future. Dunno what the answer is but someone smarter than me does I'm sure.
Xavier
1/6/2013 5:21am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2013 5:24am
Looks like Ryan did'nt do anything worse than dozens of his fellow competitors did these past seasons.

I've said it and will say it again, though : the (poor) way that rule is written/enforced by the officials is inevitably leading to a major safety problem, one of these days.

It should be more specified/understood by all that whenever a rider is off the track, he is NOT IN RACING MODE anymore and, consequently, has to SLOW DOWN like, say, to idle speed, until he gets back onto the track (and if that was well understood, I bet you that the riders would find shorter routes back to the track!) !

The rule seems to be caring only about protecting the other racers ("safest spot").

Helloooo ! There are PEOPLE outside the track : flagmen, medical crew, officials, photographers, etc.

Racing through these guys as if one was still on the actual race course is bullshit !

It happens in SX and it also happens more and more in MX (think Millville start)...

How can one expect the racers to regulate themselves in these type of situations ??

Will it take someone to be seriously hurt before anything is done ?

Sad, but I guess so.
1/6/2013 5:44am
Whatever happened to the rule that you must enter at or behind the point of exit?

Going off track SHOULD cost you time. The track is designated for a reason.
velocitygear
I'd have to agree in regard to thread MICROMANAGEMENT! Vital is one of the WORST forums I've seen in this regard!

The powers that be always have an "excuse" but it's clear, it's JUST an excuse!!
scooter5002
Heat of the moment in battle may factor in here. RV made a decision at that time, and it may not have been the best one to all of us. The point about having to ride at an idle pace seems like a reasonable point, but now the AMA writes ANOTHER rule they won't enforce, or change it's application to suit the riders current point standings? Wink
At least he didn't pull a "BubbaStunt" and just yank it back on the track at the landing of the triple. Without seeing if the light was actually green at the intersection.
bents
Fantasy
710th
1/6/2013 6:05am
SuperMario wrote:
Whatever happened to the rule that you must enter at or behind the point of exit? Going off track SHOULD cost you time. The track is...
Whatever happened to the rule that you must enter at or behind the point of exit?

Going off track SHOULD cost you time. The track is designated for a reason.
This should be the rule, period, otherwise as Xavier stated, too much ambiguity with regard to when a rider gets back on the track.
downard254
1/6/2013 6:11am
Maybe on the outsides of the track, there should be several dedicatged entry points, and have tuff blocks struck out perpendicular to the track as a sort of guard rail to force the rider to enter at an earlier point and to also prevent the 4th gear speed along the full length of a rythm section. Also thought of having a 1st gear limit when off the track, but how would you enforce that. Not sure of the real answer, my thought on RV flying past the whole straight away was to not get passed and have to repass a few other riders, but as it's been said, it's a moot point as he finished 16th. Karma I guess.
Frodad78
1/6/2013 6:28am
Jack Flash wrote:
I added an optional Blue line, which would let him slow down, turn the bike and gas it up the small incline. The lines are merely...

I love how technical your diagram is.
Yeah man, to ride the green line you would need a Trials bike. It would be off camber and that dirt on the outside is probably soft enough to give you problems. He would have to really square that up to get over it cleanly.Hell Even the blue line would be tricky.

Post a reply to: Really? You can't be f'n serious?

The Latest