Real Talk 447 podcast with Fro and RC

Related:
Create New Tag

2/16/2019 1:26 PM

I gues Fro and RC have a podcast now. It’s called Real Talk 447. Has anyone listened to episode 1? I can’t find it when I search iTunes. Can someone post a link if they have it?

Photo

|

2/16/2019 1:28 PM

Anyone else feel like there’s almost too many podcasts now?....lol

I love all of the content but I’m almost struggling to be able to listen to them all during the week now....lol

|

2/16/2019 1:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2019 1:38 PM

jbrown15 wrote:

I love all of the content but I’m almost struggling to be able to listen to them all during the week now....lol

I agree. I’ve actually ditched one recently in place of another because I didn’t have the time for all of them. The deciding factor for me was the hosts tone. He is so damn monotonous. It’s like listening to an exhaust drone going down the highway for 12 hours straight. I also like when they go off script a bit and let the interview go where it naturally goes. Matthes is the best at this. The one I ditched felt like no matter where the interview was going, the host would jerk it back onto the rails and just ask his next question. His interviews were too planned out and hard to listen to.

|

2/16/2019 1:37 PM

Will it come with subtitles?

|

2/16/2019 1:40 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Outstandable question, Bruce! I just hope they preperate for each show and bring their A game. laughing laughing laughing

|

2/16/2019 1:42 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Yup, malapropisms and all.

|

2/16/2019 1:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2019 1:50 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

|

2/16/2019 1:43 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

MXD wrote:

Outstandable question, Bruce! I just hope they preperate for each show and bring their A game. laughing laughing laughing

Anyone who says they dont miss the huck a buck on a Saturday night is lying! w00t

|

2/16/2019 1:49 PM

jbrown15 wrote:

Yes but here's the most frustrating part I'm finding out part way through one of these new podcasts......all the newer podcasts is that all they're doing is regurgitating the exact SAME info we've already heard from a pod Matthes or Whoever has already done either recently or in some cases years ago. In certain situations with some of the storytellers or Riders being interviewed they literally almost do it word for word absolutely verbatim to what they said in the previous podcast.

For anybody who's ever studied economics it's a simple model basically people found a need or avoid in the market that turns out to be really popular and they all jump on the bandwagon flooding the market oversaturating it until in the end when the dust settles and all the irrelevant podcast get pushed away we end up with a solid core group of media that will continue on doing the podcast people prefer over others

|

2/16/2019 1:51 PM

RC: ''Its real talk! Thats the way its gonna be" RC is not gonna talk real everyone knows that even if he has the balls to do it (wich he doesn't have ) hes gonna get problems with NBC because of his position as a commentator

RC: ''You know there's so much stuff and content we didn't have time to deliver on air''
Really RC? Maybe he should watch all the 2019 rounds so far and have a good look in the mirror.

I'm all for extra content but this is just cringy from the get go...

|

2/16/2019 2:07 PM

Is it worth listening to? Damn I don’t do enough driving/garage work/workouts to listen to all of these podcasts

|

2/16/2019 2:17 PM

jbrown15 wrote:

MXD wrote:

I agree. I’ve actually ditched one recently in place of another because I didn’t have the time for all of them. The deciding factor for me was the hosts tone. He is so damn monotonous. It’s like listening to an exhaust drone going down the highway for 12 hours straight. I also like when they go off script a bit and let the interview go where it naturally goes. Matthes is the best at this. The one I ditched felt like no matter where the interview was going, the host would jerk it back onto the rails and just ask his next question. His interviews were too planned out and hard to listen to.

I think i know which 1 you mean

|

2/17/2019 1:17 AM

I haven't found it on iTunes yet - listened to #1 on their webpage...

https://realtalk447.simplecast.fm/episodes

I, like others, are on podcast overload but I'm not sure this will make the cut for me - have to try #2 I guess but there is something about listening to voices from lots of past TV telecasts that turns me off. RC is going to have to stop talking over Jeff too...

There will be comment that you won't hear anywhere else but I actually like the variety of the PulpMX network more. If I could only listen to one show a week, the main 4-5 hour one would be my preference.

|

I still remember the days of being amazed by the arrival of modern innovations like single shocks, water-cooling, disc brakes and plastic fuel tanks !

2/17/2019 8:24 AM

I love the variety of podcasts now. I watch Whiskey Throttle, asap each week, and listen to Pulp, Sunday for the race review, the pulp show throughout the week, and the Moto 60 show, Thursday at lunch. I will listen to Real Talk 447, as often as they are out. I would rather feast than famine. Too much Moto, is a great problem to have.

|

2/17/2019 12:54 PM

I liked it for the first time effort, will listen again.

Valid question: What does RC & Fro and many of the others get out of this?

Obviously, pulpmx is to make himself a living but many of these others are either superfans or former riders and they all can make podcasts if they want and we benefit for sure.

|

2/18/2019 8:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2019 8:40 AM

jbrown15 wrote:

I listen to everything that Matthes (well except the privateer podcast) and MX Vice produces. I can't fit more moto content in my subscription list. It's just impossible if you are like me, a podcast junky that listens to other podcasts regarding other sports, politics and documentaries.

But i don't think there can be too many. All of them are different and there will be people that enjoy moto podcast X over moto podcast Y.

|

2/18/2019 8:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2019 11:29 AM

I feel like I am the only bro who does not listen to podcasts. I do not get the appeal to be honest. 4 hours of talking yields you information that could have been written in a very short article. Guess I’m outta the loop. Is there really that much to talk about in moto that it warrants 10 or more different podcasts? Seems like it will be a bunch of TMZ related jabbering.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

2/18/2019 8:50 AM

BobPA wrote:

I feel like I am the only bro who does not listen to podcasts. I do not get the appeal to be honest. 4 hours of talking yields you information that could have been written in a very short article. Guess I’m outta the loop. Is there really that much to talk about in moto that it warrants 10 or more different podcasts? Seems like it will be a bunch of TMZ related jabbering.

You aren't totally off base. You can find a lot of the stuff they talk about in a short article but they typically dive a bit deeper and discuss it. It's a great way to pass the time on a long drive or while you're in the workshop.

|

2/18/2019 8:55 AM

BobPA wrote:

You're not the only one dude! hahaha PulpMX is cool but on most weekdays I dont even have 4 hours of free time even if I wanted to listen to it.

|

2/18/2019 8:58 AM

BobPA wrote:

i tend to listen to them while driving, or doing paperwork at work, or when im working on my bikes, i would not listen to them without doing anything else,

i cant even get through everything that Pulp MX puts out most weeks, i listen to the whiskey throttle guests, but tend to skip the rest of the shows,

|

2/18/2019 9:02 AM

This podcast is terrible. Audio quality isn’t the best and they make the same stupid mistakes they would if they were announcing a race. I’ll stick with pulp/racerx and whiskey throttle.

|

2/18/2019 9:07 AM

My "Must Listen to" list, in order, is:

-All things Pulp except the fantasy pods and most of the Privateer Island pods
-Main Event Moto
-Whiskey Throttle

That's not a knock on the others. I'm just saying that if only can squeeze in so many hours of listening in a week, these 3 are my priority.

|

2/18/2019 9:07 AM

BobPA wrote:

Not a one, never watched a freestyle video either.

|

2/18/2019 9:18 AM

Personally, my favorite podcasts are the Pulp race reviews. I want to hear more bench racing. I get tired of rider interviews, honestly. I skip some of them. And most of the new podcast are just interviews.

I want more of a hot stove like Hockey Night in Canada where there is a panel of experts recapping the races or talking about relavent events related to mx and sx.

|

2/18/2019 10:37 AM

I'm excited to see what this podcast turns into after they iron out some of the "first show" jitters. Yeah there are like 20 other podcast out right now, but which of them has a Mcgrath era race winner and the GOAT.. These dudes are going to bring some amazing stories and race insight to the table. And if they actually do speak as freely and real as they say they will, it could end up being some awesome content week by week.

|

2/18/2019 11:28 AM

Makes driving better and shop time mowing better. I am pulp nation certain joevrogan guests and jocko. Im full lol

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

2/18/2019 11:51 AM

BobPA wrote:

In part, I relate it to reading a text message versus having a phone conversation.
There's a lot more "hello, how are you, blah blah" framing the information, but you you get a little more of the personality with it too; especially the humor.

I run a small CNC machine shop and mostly work alone. I can listen to a podcast while designing parts on paper, or in CAD, writing a machine program and running a couple of machines. My eyes and hands are still free to work and I can pause the podcast when I need to concentrate on critical details or tasks.

I also listen to stuff like PulpMX if I'm driving solo to/from a race track (typically one or two hours each way).
Some people listen to podcasts when they work out, I need rock and roll or silence for that.

Podcasts are certainly saturated at this point... I think some of them will cease to exist over time.
The magazines are struggling these days, and that's a shame.
Its akin to Amazon making things really tough on retail stores.

|

2/18/2019 1:29 PM

Whiskey Throttle and Pulp are excellent for different reasons. I would like to see a weekly DMXS, but I think that I am hoping for too much.

|

2/18/2019 1:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2019 1:32 PM

I like the podcasts, good background noise while I study. Still can't find the 447 one on the podcast app though

|

2/18/2019 1:38 PM

It's going to be a lot of fun.

|