Re-play Cameras (evaluate)

mellonhs
Edited Date/Time 3/21/2013 6:31am
With all the talk about GoPro having a monopoly in the mx/sx world by not allowing Team Muscle Milk Honda to run their sponsors product, I decided to look the camera up.

It looks WAY better than GoPro if you ask me (outer shell not quality. Both look the same quality wise from my Tele). Looks like it can be mounted anywhere that a GoPro can be. I like the shape because it's not a big square on your head and sticking 3 inches off the top of your helmet. Quality on YouTube looks to be good. I'm on my phone so I'm going to have to look at the YouTube videos when I get home to get a better visual/audio quality check. But with that said, I think I will order one just because GoPro has a monopoly and won't allow them to showcase their product. Pussies

Come on people let's give these cameras a look at least... They aren't given a chance in our sport. The least we could do is go take a look at the cameras and evaluate!
#boycottgopro

Did I mention they cost almost half of what a gopro costs?

Oh and not a lot of you know this... But... How GoPro is able to have cameras at $199(white) $299(silver) and $399(black) goes like this...

HERO3 is the new gopro name... They changed the outer shell. The "white" edition is just the first hero inside of the HERO3's shell and the "silver" (better video quality than the first) is second version in the HERO3 shell and now the HERO3 "black" edition is the newest one with WiFi. Now with that said... You can't tell a diff in quality on YouTube between 1 and 2 and between 2 and 3. If you have a god high resolution computer or 50" tv then you can't tell the difference in any of them. That came out of the mouth of a GoPro employee. It's marketing at its finest and human deception at its finest as well!

I'm buying a replay! Even tho gopro is awesome, I can't get over their monopoly bullshit!
|
mxjef
3/20/2013 6:06pm
I'm with ya, mellonhs...

I have no desire to buy a helmet cam but if I did it certainly wouldn't be a Go Pro, just because they think they can own the market.
mellonhs
3/20/2013 6:40pm
mxjef wrote:
I'm with ya, mellonhs... I have no desire to buy a helmet cam but if I did it certainly wouldn't be a Go Pro, just because...
I'm with ya, mellonhs...

I have no desire to buy a helmet cam but if I did it certainly wouldn't be a Go Pro, just because they think they can own the market.
Right on, bro!
2T42
3/20/2013 7:46pm
looks like it does 720@60fps. Waterproof as is no need for a big clear cover.
Gopro3 1080 60 fps

Has anyone used one? Comparo to Gopro?
7I3N
3/20/2013 9:59pm
I bought one of these. It rocks. There's an led inside that you can see with them on, so you can tell if the camera is recording and you don't have to worry about losing it if it falls off the top of your helmet.

The Shop

Choppy
3/20/2013 10:11pm
I just don't think Feld or anyone else should be able to tell a rider/ team what they can or can't have on the rider, which is why I'll be checking out the camera.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
3/20/2013 10:11pm
mellonhs wrote:
With all the talk about GoPro having a monopoly in the mx/sx world by not allowing Team Muscle Milk Honda to run their sponsors product, I...
With all the talk about GoPro having a monopoly in the mx/sx world by not allowing Team Muscle Milk Honda to run their sponsors product, I decided to look the camera up.

It looks WAY better than GoPro if you ask me (outer shell not quality. Both look the same quality wise from my Tele). Looks like it can be mounted anywhere that a GoPro can be. I like the shape because it's not a big square on your head and sticking 3 inches off the top of your helmet. Quality on YouTube looks to be good. I'm on my phone so I'm going to have to look at the YouTube videos when I get home to get a better visual/audio quality check. But with that said, I think I will order one just because GoPro has a monopoly and won't allow them to showcase their product. Pussies

Come on people let's give these cameras a look at least... They aren't given a chance in our sport. The least we could do is go take a look at the cameras and evaluate!
#boycottgopro

Did I mention they cost almost half of what a gopro costs?

Oh and not a lot of you know this... But... How GoPro is able to have cameras at $199(white) $299(silver) and $399(black) goes like this...

HERO3 is the new gopro name... They changed the outer shell. The "white" edition is just the first hero inside of the HERO3's shell and the "silver" (better video quality than the first) is second version in the HERO3 shell and now the HERO3 "black" edition is the newest one with WiFi. Now with that said... You can't tell a diff in quality on YouTube between 1 and 2 and between 2 and 3. If you have a god high resolution computer or 50" tv then you can't tell the difference in any of them. That came out of the mouth of a GoPro employee. It's marketing at its finest and human deception at its finest as well!

I'm buying a replay! Even tho gopro is awesome, I can't get over their monopoly bullshit!
I personally like the configuration of the replay camera much better than the gopro. having said that we do own a gopro because they were cheap at costco last year. and yes you can tell the difference between the gopro 1 and 2. we have the 2 and my sons cousin has the 1. Night and day difference. My son mounted the gopro on the front of his leat neck brace.because he wanted to be able to see the arm and bar action as opposed to the top of the helmet position. I do think that it's bogus to exclude all the other cameras. Gopro is not a bad camera, I just think there are better choices if you have the $$$.
TM
mototyme
Fantasy
4364th
3/20/2013 10:31pm
I have both the GoPro and the ReplayXD and prefer the ReplayXD in most cases. The smaller size is better when helmet mounting, the view on the ReplayXD does not give as much of a fisheye and is much more of a realistic perspective when playing back. Watching the video recorded on the GoPro looks like your watching the through the bottom of a soda bottle. You can mount the ReplayXD just about anywhere however it doesn’t chest mount or at least I haven’t figured out a way to make it work yet. For moto or off-road the ReplayXD is the way to go and it will record in 1080 60pfs very well.
mx757
3/20/2013 10:45pm
I have both the gopro (in fact, a HD Hero, HD hero2, and 2 HD Hero3 Blacks) and the Replay XD. and I much prefer the picture quality of the gopro set up. Here is a perfect example. Gopro Hero2 mounted forward, replay facing the rear.

Make sure you watch both in 1080p to get the full effect of the quality difference.

I do like the form of the Replay better than the gopro, but to me the features of the gopro (built in wifi, replaceable battery, ETC) make it a much better camera to me.
mellonhs
3/21/2013 6:31am
2T42 wrote:
looks like it does 720@60fps. Waterproof as is no need for a big clear cover.
Gopro3 1080 60 fps

Has anyone used one? Comparo to Gopro?
The ReplayXD Does 1080p at 60fps

And Yeh the replaceable battery is good info I didn't think of that. But I'm sure that's an easy fix.

See this is what pisses me off. If they let them get exposure it will increase sales and therefore they will have enough customers to get large enough feed back for improvements.

Now on the chest mount deal... It being long like it is, it may be difficult. It can be done tho.

I'm buying one to support!

Post a reply to: Re-play Cameras (evaluate)

The Latest