Re:Ross "Enzo" Maeda bad crash

Rocket88
9/26/2009 10:03am
We are all pulling for you here at Applied Racing, Ross.

Positive thoughts and prayers for a full recovery are coming your way.

Leon
sully0263
9/26/2009 10:16am
Man I hate hearing stuff like this ... Get well soon Ross!!

Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery

The Shop

HuskyEd
9/26/2009 10:23am
Thoughts and prayers to the Maeda family. Get well soon Ross.
AdamB
9/26/2009 10:30am
So sorry to hear this. Prayers sent.
calimxer91
9/26/2009 11:22am
This guy is a tremendous asset to this industry.Helped me considerably.Get well soon.
j100
9/26/2009 11:50am
i'm sick to my stomach. Malcom told me the news at dinner last night. that guy is rad and i can't stop thinking about it.
race
9/26/2009 12:11pm
Very sorry to hear of this. Best wishes to Ross for a full and complete recovery.

9/26/2009 1:08pm
I was lucky enough to meet and get to know Ross way back when he was a CMC Pro way back when. He was always making jokes and had a story about every pro he worked with. I hope and pray he will come out of this.
TerryK
9/26/2009 1:24pm
OMG. I sooo saddened by this news. This should not be happening to ANYONE.

Get well soon Ross.
Looped Out
9/26/2009 2:24pm
Surgery went well last night. Yes, he crashed around noon yesterday and didn't get into surgery until something like 8 or 9pm. Surgery is not the best thing to do right away all the time. But the DR. thought he needed it right away. I'm not a huge fan of that hospital!

Ross is talking, but Dr. doesn't want him to. He just wants him to rest. Ross was telling stories as soon as he could speak. He looks much better today, but still has no feeling in his legs. He only remembers going over the bars and that's it. Must have hit his head pretty hard.

They won't let him drink anything and he's not happy about that. Actually his pissed off about that. Ross is so funny.

There was no bone clips that hit the cord, only bruise and a kink to the cord, but as any normal spinal deal, the DR. won't give any real outcome. As we all know that is enough to take the feeling away from his lower parts. Time will tell. Just pray for the man.

He is all about moto. From being a racer, to the best suspension guy in the moto world. Ross rode and did a lot of testing himself. This is way he has the best suspension out there.

I'll keep trying to give updates. We need to find him the best help out there. Ross said "He has no regrets, because he choose to ride and got hurt doing what he loves". But I for one want Ross back on his feet and I'm doing all kinds of research to help.

Two of my close friends have dealt with this same thing and beat it. Ross will be the next one!
JOHN CHOATE
9/26/2009 2:26pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2009 2:29pm
Thanks for the update, Looped Out.
nobhead
9/26/2009 2:38pm
Looped Out wrote:
Surgery went well last night. Yes, he crashed around noon yesterday and didn't get into surgery until something like 8 or 9pm. Surgery is not the...
Surgery went well last night. Yes, he crashed around noon yesterday and didn't get into surgery until something like 8 or 9pm. Surgery is not the best thing to do right away all the time. But the DR. thought he needed it right away. I'm not a huge fan of that hospital!

Ross is talking, but Dr. doesn't want him to. He just wants him to rest. Ross was telling stories as soon as he could speak. He looks much better today, but still has no feeling in his legs. He only remembers going over the bars and that's it. Must have hit his head pretty hard.

They won't let him drink anything and he's not happy about that. Actually his pissed off about that. Ross is so funny.

There was no bone clips that hit the cord, only bruise and a kink to the cord, but as any normal spinal deal, the DR. won't give any real outcome. As we all know that is enough to take the feeling away from his lower parts. Time will tell. Just pray for the man.

He is all about moto. From being a racer, to the best suspension guy in the moto world. Ross rode and did a lot of testing himself. This is way he has the best suspension out there.

I'll keep trying to give updates. We need to find him the best help out there. Ross said "He has no regrets, because he choose to ride and got hurt doing what he loves". But I for one want Ross back on his feet and I'm doing all kinds of research to help.

Two of my close friends have dealt with this same thing and beat it. Ross will be the next one!
Best wishes to Ross.
Looped Out, everyone has names of great surgeons but please pass this on to swap. He has operated on me twice and relieved most of my issues. He fixed a botched surgery of mine that was performed by "the best spinal guy". Sorry for not pm'ing. don't know how. http://www.orangeorthopaedics.com/gcarlson_en.html
jimmie
9/26/2009 2:58pm
Thanks for taking your time to fill us all in on Ross's situation.
Bauer
9/26/2009 3:14pm
Thanks for the update! We're all sick about this, but if anyone can come back from this, it's Ross. He's in great shape and has probably done more laps than all of us combined. Hell, he's never stopped doing laps since I raced against him in CMC stuff over thirty years ago!

Stay strong, Donn and good luck, Ross!
9/26/2009 3:17pm
I hope to hear that Ross beats this injury and has a speedy and thorough recovery. Ross was kind enough to lend me a helmet some years ago when I flew over from Japan to do some riding at Elsinore, Glen Helen, and Perris. I was a stranger to him.. nice guy.

mike
cjxrider125
9/26/2009 3:20pm
this is terrible news. has anyone checked out the front rim to see how/why it broke?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/26/2009 3:35pm
Looped Out wrote:
Surgery went well last night. Yes, he crashed around noon yesterday and didn't get into surgery until something like 8 or 9pm. Surgery is not the...

Thanks for the update.
PD441
9/26/2009 3:38pm
Thanks for the update, Looped. Best wishes to Ross and the Maeda family.
LouDog
9/26/2009 3:40pm
Thanks for the up date Looped out. Ross I hope every thing works out so your on a bike soon. Don let me know if theres anything you need.
Rooster
9/26/2009 4:04pm
Crappy news, hoping for a full recovery.
raddad
9/26/2009 4:14pm
This is always so hard to take.. best wishes i pray for a full recovery.
JCmx7
9/26/2009 4:14pm
My prayers go out to Ross and the entire Maeda family.
I hope to hear about a successful recovery. -J-
lookaside
9/26/2009 5:18pm
When I heard the news it was so hard to believe. I hope for a full recovery so we can have some Swedish meatballs again!
My thoughts are with the nicest guy and suspension mentor there is.
Hope you get well soon Ross!
/mansson Sweden
fcr
9/26/2009 5:33pm
Looped Out wrote:

Thanks , this has been on my mind. I hate seeing these type of things happen to anyone. I don't know Ross, but I am sending out my positive vibes. I also wish his family the best.

Post a reply to: Re:Ross "Enzo" Maeda bad crash

The Latest