Rattray says US is faster/deeper than GPs

SMITH201
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:34pm
Straight from last years World Champ. GP cheerleaders IM sure will now try and downplay Rattray as a rider...

From RacerX

We’re only two weeks out from the Motocross of Nations. I’m certain there are plenty of motocross fans around the world who are thinking, “I wonder what Tyla thinks. He knows the Grand Prix motocross scene and now he knows the American motocross scene. I wonder how he compares the two.” To that end, are the two scenes different or are they more similar?
I’ve raced here and I’ve raced there. I think in America there are a lot more fast riders when you’re racing, where as last year when I was racing the World Championship, it was myself, [Antonio] Cairoli and Tommy [Searle]. Those were the three guys. If you got a bad start in 10th, you could still come up to third if Cairoli and Tommy were gone. You could still finish third. Here in America, if you get a 10th place start, the 10 guys in front of you are fast. To try and get up to third like that here is pretty difficult. So I think here the start is really important. It’s the same in supercross. The start is everything here in America. That’s what I’ve learned this year.

Do you think the American-based racers – even if they are racing for 11th place – fight harder for their position then say the Grand Prix riders?
Yeah, I mean that’s a bit of a difference that I saw here. Even if it’s for 15th place, it’s wide open, where as in Europe it’s more like if a guy is a little bit faster, they’ll just let you pass and just let you go. I think the race fighting here in America is a lot tougher and more aggressive than in Europe.
|
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
9/21/2009 4:41am
meh, what would he know Whistling
Maber
9/21/2009 4:47am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:16am
SMITH201 wrote:
Straight from last years World Champ. GP cheerleaders IM sure will now try and downplay Rattray as a rider... From RacerX We’re only two weeks out...
Straight from last years World Champ. GP cheerleaders IM sure will now try and downplay Rattray as a rider...

From RacerX

We’re only two weeks out from the Motocross of Nations. I’m certain there are plenty of motocross fans around the world who are thinking, “I wonder what Tyla thinks. He knows the Grand Prix motocross scene and now he knows the American motocross scene. I wonder how he compares the two.” To that end, are the two scenes different or are they more similar?
I’ve raced here and I’ve raced there. I think in America there are a lot more fast riders when you’re racing, where as last year when I was racing the World Championship, it was myself, [Antonio] Cairoli and Tommy [Searle]. Those were the three guys. If you got a bad start in 10th, you could still come up to third if Cairoli and Tommy were gone. You could still finish third. Here in America, if you get a 10th place start, the 10 guys in front of you are fast. To try and get up to third like that here is pretty difficult. So I think here the start is really important. It’s the same in supercross. The start is everything here in America. That’s what I’ve learned this year.

Do you think the American-based racers – even if they are racing for 11th place – fight harder for their position then say the Grand Prix riders?
Yeah, I mean that’s a bit of a difference that I saw here. Even if it’s for 15th place, it’s wide open, where as in Europe it’s more like if a guy is a little bit faster, they’ll just let you pass and just let you go. I think the race fighting here in America is a lot tougher and more aggressive than in Europe.
RE: "Do you think the American-based racers – even if they are racing for 11th place – fight harder for their position then say the Grand Prix riders?
Yeah, I mean that’s a bit of a difference that I saw here. Even if it’s for 15th place, it’s wide open, where as in Europe it’s more like if a guy is a little bit faster, they’ll just let you pass and just let you go. I think the race fighting here in America is a lot tougher and more aggressive than in Europe."

That's what happens when there's no prize money.
OldTiddler
9/21/2009 4:49am
... and *Tommy Searle* is one of "the three guys"? Pfffttt... we're gonna wipe the floor.

Except the Aussies.
BobbyM
9/21/2009 5:02am
SMITH201 wrote:
Straight from last years World Champ. GP cheerleaders IM sure will now try and downplay Rattray as a rider... From RacerX We’re only two weeks out...

From RacerX

well duh and what else would he say anyways? he is very good on both sides of the pond but he hasn't won a title here which kinda verifies his answer...somewhat. Wink

The Shop

crowe176
9/21/2009 5:04am
Still won't be good enough for Mcdrunk.
joe101uk
9/21/2009 6:10am
None of the "GP cheerleaders" say that our MX2 series is better than yours. We say our MX1 series is better and deeper than your 450's.

Pretty pointless post.
rileymx
9/21/2009 6:22am
joe101uk wrote:
None of the "GP cheerleaders" say that our MX2 series is better than yours. We say our MX1 series is better and deeper than your 450's...
None of the "GP cheerleaders" say that our MX2 series is better than yours. We say our MX1 series is better and deeper than your 450's.

Pretty pointless post.
they all know that.........the point is trying to turn it arround in a way that usa is the greatest of all ....point............

its like the mxdn this year........now some americans say if reed, metty and byrne win........usa wins....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DL
9/21/2009 6:44am
joe101uk wrote:
None of the "GP cheerleaders" say that our MX2 series is better than yours. We say our MX1 series is better and deeper than your 450's...

Pretty pointless post.
rileymx wrote:
they all know that.........the point is trying to turn it arround in a way that usa is the greatest of all ....point............ its like the mxdn...
they all know that.........the point is trying to turn it arround in a way that usa is the greatest of all ....point............

its like the mxdn this year........now some americans say if reed, metty and byrne win........usa wins....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Certainly you have to admit that all thre have honed their skills here in the US.
joe101uk
9/21/2009 6:48am
joe101uk wrote:

Pretty pointless post.
rileymx wrote:
they all know that.........the point is trying to turn it arround in a way that usa is the greatest of all ....point............ its like the mxdn...

DL wrote:
Certainly you have to admit that all thre have honed their skills here in the US.
So that makes an Australian win an American win ?
Motodude
9/21/2009 7:18am
bullshit...Ratray is a fish in a different pond, thats why he thinks this way.
SMITH201
9/21/2009 7:21am
No that means AUS wins, but we can say that the Aussie seasoned AMA vets have won the MXDN.

For the record, REED, Bryner and Metty would be an instant top 3 and title contenders in the GPs without a doubt.
joe101uk
9/21/2009 7:43am
SMITH201 wrote:
No that means AUS wins, but we can say that the Aussie seasoned AMA vets have won the MXDN. For the record, REED, Bryner and Metty...
No that means AUS wins, but we can say that the Aussie seasoned AMA vets have won the MXDN.

For the record, REED, Bryner and Metty would be an instant top 3 and title contenders in the GPs without a doubt.
Metty could probably win our MX2 as it is now but Reed and Byrne would certainly not be an instant top 3.

I guess we'll see how Reed and Byrne do in Italy.
jo2910
9/21/2009 8:16am
Forgot about Rattray he could be in with a shot for the MX2 overall.

With Rattray and Searle going to the states and Cairoli going MX1 it definetly a new cycle starting in MX2 with the new generation getting up to speed. MX2 US is definetly deeper at the moment but the top 5 GP would be close to the top at the nationals as well. Musquin, Paulin, Roczen, Frossard, Simpson are the Cairoli, Rattray, Searle, Pourcel of 3 years ago.

BobbyM
9/21/2009 8:28am
Motodude wrote:
and you say this because steve told you to say this? wtf pauly...think on yer own for once.
Motodude
9/21/2009 8:32am
SMITH201 wrote:
No that means AUS wins, but we can say that the Aussie seasoned AMA vets have won the MXDN. For the record, REED, Bryner and Metty...

joe101uk wrote:
Metty could probably win our MX2 as it is now but Reed and Byrne would certainly not be an instant top 3. I guess we'll see...
Metty could probably win our MX2 as it is now but Reed and Byrne would certainly not be an instant top 3.

dreaming
fcr
9/21/2009 8:42am

It only took 2 posts. What would Rattray know.
sharkey
9/21/2009 8:48am
joe101uk wrote:

Pretty pointless post.
maybe how it was in the end of the year. the start of the year it was a stacked field until injuries depleted it. wait til next year with pourcel, canard, dungey moving up
Maber
9/21/2009 8:53am
fcr wrote:

It only took 2 posts. What would Rattray know.
Rattray knows where the money is.
sharkey
9/21/2009 8:57am
pretty funny how some of you change what you say when you compare series. when you cant win the argument "ama vs gp" then it awitches to "usa born riders vs gp riders"how look how long some of these gp guys have been here now, yet you claim zach ozbourne a gp rider and hes been there just a short time
englishman
9/21/2009 9:06am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:17am
This US v Europe shit is getting OLD , hasn't anybody got anything else to talk about ??

Motodude
9/21/2009 9:16am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2009 9:21am
englishman wrote:
This US v Europe shit is getting OLD , hasn't anybody got anything else to talk about ??

fuggin old shit
joe101uk
9/21/2009 9:20am
joe101uk wrote:

Pretty pointless post.
sharkey wrote:
maybe how it was in the end of the year. the start of the year it was a stacked field until injuries depleted it. wait til...
maybe how it was in the end of the year. the start of the year it was a stacked field until injuries depleted it. wait til next year with pourcel, canard, dungey moving up
Yeah it was a pretty amazing line up you had but injuries are something that motocross exists with. Hopefully next year your best rider might have motivation to race outdoors again. Or he could choose to piss around at tracks and give out free t-shirts with his name on.
Motodude
9/21/2009 9:21am
Motodude wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
and you say this because steve told you to say this? wtf pauly...think on yer own for once.
You say that because DC told you to stir shit...please step away from the keyboard for once and go fuck yourself tithead.
JW381
9/21/2009 9:26am
Suck on that mcread.
Motodude
9/21/2009 9:30am
joe101uk wrote:

Pretty pointless post.
sharkey wrote:
maybe how it was in the end of the year. the start of the year it was a stacked field until injuries depleted it. wait til...
joe101uk wrote:
Yeah it was a pretty amazing line up you had but injuries are something that motocross exists with. Hopefully next year your best rider might have...
Yeah it was a pretty amazing line up you had but injuries are something that motocross exists with. Hopefully next year your best rider might have motivation to race outdoors again. Or he could choose to piss around at tracks and give out free t-shirts with his name on.
GP's were far more interesting at the end of the season than the US series...US series started off better though.
CamP
9/21/2009 9:39am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2009 9:40am
I enjoy watching the GP's. They have some great racing, but ask any professional motocross racer in the world what Championship trophy he wants on his mantle and he'll tell you it's an AMA SX and/or 450 Motocross Championship trophy. They are the hardest ones to win, carry the most prestige and pay the most money.
DanDunes818
9/21/2009 10:24am
At the MXON there are really two battles usually . They are AMA vs GPs and America against the world. If theAussies win it won't be a win for USA but it will be a win for the AMA.
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
9/21/2009 10:40am
SMITH201 wrote:

joe101uk wrote:
Metty could probably win our MX2 as it is now but Reed and Byrne would certainly not be an instant top 3. I guess we'll see...

You're on drugs. Reed would win MX1 easily.
OldTiddler
9/21/2009 11:00am
Didn't he get beat once by Tedesco though? I dunno, Dungey could show up and be the fastest...

Post a reply to: Rattray says US is faster/deeper than GPs

The Latest