Rattray

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 11:00am
Has really shown improvement this season! I was down and out on this guy, but man was i wrong. Keep it up Tyla!!!
|
DL
6/12/2010 2:00pm
The guy is tough as nails... congrats to him!
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
6/12/2010 3:30pm
Is he second in points now? Quite the jump in two weeks. He will have the tupperware bin boner this week...
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
6/12/2010 3:33pm
He was on it for sho.

Seems like a no-nonsense guy. Not a real exciting riding style but he charges hard all the time.

The Shop

Alex
6/12/2010 3:38pm
Hes been beaten down so many times and he allways gets back up. Cant wait for him to get his ass on a big bike. If it werent for the carnage hes been through he would have moved up about 4 years ago. So many injuries.
DoctorJD
6/12/2010 4:21pm
Good couple of rides for Tyla.
His riding style reminds me of Jeff Stanton.
Team Euro
6/13/2010 7:24am
You forget that Tyla is a World Champion just the same as Pourcel and Townley. Tyla fought year after year and wouldn`t leave the GP`s until he won. He was in many tight point races and missed the Champoinship a couple of years by a very narrow margin but kept it up and won..tough as nails is a understatement. He had a KTM 125 model named after him in 2005-6.
500guy
6/13/2010 7:29am
Team Euro wrote:
You forget that Tyla is a World Champion just the same as Pourcel and Townley. Tyla fought year after year and wouldn`t leave the GP`s until...
You forget that Tyla is a World Champion just the same as Pourcel and Townley. Tyla fought year after year and wouldn`t leave the GP`s until he won. He was in many tight point races and missed the Champoinship a couple of years by a very narrow margin but kept it up and won..tough as nails is a understatement. He had a KTM 125 model named after him in 2005-6.
That's a great testimony for our 16 year old kids who are hanging right with him.
Ing
6/13/2010 7:48am
Imagine how well he'd be doing if he was still on the flying punkins.
robkinuk
6/13/2010 8:03am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:23pm
Team Euro wrote:
You forget that Tyla is a World Champion just the same as Pourcel and Townley. Tyla fought year after year and wouldn`t leave the GP`s until...
500guy wrote:
That's a great testimony for our 16 year old kids who are hanging right with him.
Barcia and Tomac couldn't hang with him second moto at High Point!
"When the going get's tough>>>>>>"
500guy
6/13/2010 8:23am
Ing wrote:
Yep that PC bike sucks [sarcasm], he might get 5th or so on a KTM.

I love how the experienced GP World Champions get treated like a new to the scene rookie who is suddenly winning.
mxtryon231
6/13/2010 8:30am
500guy wrote:
Yep that PC bike sucks [sarcasm], he might get 5th or so on a KTM. I love how the experienced GP World Champions get treated like...

I love how the experienced GP World Champions get treated like a new to the scene rookie who is suddenly winning.
Seriously.. He may be new to the states, but he is NO rookie.
500guy
6/13/2010 8:34am
500guy wrote:
Yep that PC bike sucks [sarcasm], he might get 5th or so on a KTM. I love how the experienced GP World Champions get treated like...

mxtryon231 wrote:
Seriously.. He may be new to the states, but he is NO rookie.
Reread it please

I said they act like he just emerged on the scene when the reality is he's a Veteran racing a bunch of rookies so is Pourcel
MMCDan
6/13/2010 9:43am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:23pm
500guy wrote:
Reread it please I said they act like he just emerged on the scene when the reality is he's a Veteran racing a bunch of rookies...
Reread it please

I said they act like he just emerged on the scene when the reality is he's a Veteran racing a bunch of rookies so is Pourcel
Thank you for pointing this out. Congrats to Tyla on his improved performance but I expect these results from former world champions that are 3 - 5 years older/wiser than their competition. These guys have been traveling the world for years while some of their competitors are still living at home with mom & dad.
DanDunes818
6/13/2010 9:55am
DoctorJD wrote:
Good couple of rides for Tyla.
His riding style reminds me of Jeff Stanton.
When I watch him I see Mike Brown.
mccread
6/13/2010 11:02am
Ing wrote:
500guy wrote:

You are forgetting most Americans see Rattray as a new name because they don't follow the GPs...

And What 16 year olds are keeping up with him? top 3 in points aren't American... and Barcia is 18, Tomac 17... What age is Weimar? Metcaffe spent years in it... Didn't Brown win the 125 nationals at 30? Hughes rode it when he was 30 too... RV won two national titles and raced it again the following year. it's a professional class let them race and stop whining because the USA guys aren't winning just enjoy the racing.. Canard and Tomac will be up there soon.

Rattray is fast but he is a rookie to US racing and it is different. but the smoother tracks shorter races and intense sprint style don't seem to suit him.. but maybe he is getting it figured out. Rattray excels in tough rough sandy conditions.

Rattray has every right to race in that class in the US there is no age restrictions
mccread
6/13/2010 11:09am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:23pm
Er.. wrong if Dungey raced the MX2 GPs this year no-one would be crying foul, yet more bad losing from Americans... one second the GPs and the riders are inferior to the AMA and not a real world championship, then when a GP rider wins in lites AMA, the suddenly superior GP World Champions shouldn't be in the class because it isn't fair on the kids ha ha ha - brilliant entertainment - thanks!! Smile

The guys that are racing the lites class in the AMA only had one world title in the same class in GPs... if a one time lites champion rode the MX2 GPs the year after no-one would be crying foul - stop whining.
ando
6/13/2010 11:28am
Ing wrote:
500guy wrote:

mccread wrote:
You are forgetting most Americans see Rattray as a new name because they don't follow the GPs... And What 16 year olds are keeping up with...
You are forgetting most Americans see Rattray as a new name because they don't follow the GPs...

And What 16 year olds are keeping up with him? top 3 in points aren't American... and Barcia is 18, Tomac 17... What age is Weimar? Metcaffe spent years in it... Didn't Brown win the 125 nationals at 30? Hughes rode it when he was 30 too... RV won two national titles and raced it again the following year. it's a professional class let them race and stop whining because the USA guys aren't winning just enjoy the racing.. Canard and Tomac will be up there soon.

Rattray is fast but he is a rookie to US racing and it is different. but the smoother tracks shorter races and intense sprint style don't seem to suit him.. but maybe he is getting it figured out. Rattray excels in tough rough sandy conditions.

Rattray has every right to race in that class in the US there is no age restrictions
And to add to the list - how many years did RC and JS spend in the lites class? 3 each I believe, when it was blatantly obvious they were laying waste to the entire field after the first season.
Masonry
6/13/2010 11:31am
Tyla is 25
Pourcel is 21 and still recovering physically from that crash.

Bitch about one of them if you want but what the other is doing is just fine especially because he races the discipline that he probably isn't as comfortable with.
6/13/2010 1:02pm
robkinuk wrote:
Barcia and Tomac couldn't hang with him second moto at High Point!
"When the going get's tough>>>>>>"
Rattray deserves the overall. However, he is not going to pull away from Barcia or Tomac. Rattray didn't win a Moto that day so don't promote him to sainthood just yet.
3D
6/13/2010 1:06pm
Just wondering, would you be bitching if Barcia or Tomac are still racing the Lites class when he's 25 or even 21? Maybe you're forgetting that 25 is for the most part your peak. I do think it's a little silly that some of these guys are in the Lites, but rules are rules I guess.
plowboy
6/13/2010 4:46pm
Just watched the Speed coverage of the 250's...I'm starting to like old Tyla...maybe it's because he was winking at me on the podium. But seriously, he's old school tough and seems to like the gnarly tracks. Hope he gives his buddy Christophe a run.
Masonry
6/13/2010 4:47pm
plowboy wrote:
Just watched the Speed coverage of the 250's...I'm starting to like old Tyla...maybe it's because he was winking at me on the podium. But seriously, he's...
Just watched the Speed coverage of the 250's...I'm starting to like old Tyla...maybe it's because he was winking at me on the podium. But seriously, he's old school tough and seems to like the gnarly tracks. Hope he gives his buddy Christophe a run.
I would prefer Christophe start rolling away with it and then hop up on a 450 for the last couple rounds.
plowboy
6/13/2010 4:56pm
Naw...too many years of runaways. I like em wide open...last moto decides the c-ship. CP will be on big bikes next year...I like this year so far.
Team Euro
6/13/2010 5:09pm
He`s only here for the money remember, He holds a World Champion title now he wants the paycheck. He`s riding the gravy train here on the easy groomed track short races, They don`t want to the big paycheck boys getting tired and making mistakes and get hurt....
plowboy
6/13/2010 5:19pm
Euro...they might have been a grain of truth to your statement...last year. The tracks are looking pretty nasty so far this year....ain't it great. I've heard Reed and some others saying how much they like the tracks being left alone this year. As far as gravy train or easy money...if he runs away with it...maybe.
nytsmaC
6/13/2010 6:01pm
Team Euro wrote:
He`s only here for the money remember, He holds a World Champion title now he wants the paycheck. He`s riding the gravy train here on the...
He`s only here for the money remember, He holds a World Champion title now he wants the paycheck. He`s riding the gravy train here on the easy groomed track short races, They don`t want to the big paycheck boys getting tired and making mistakes and get hurt....
ask de Reuver what a gravy train it is on these easy groomed track short races.
Team Euro
6/13/2010 8:06pm
Team Euro wrote:
He`s only here for the money remember, He holds a World Champion title now he wants the paycheck. He`s riding the gravy train here on the...
nytsmaC wrote:
ask de Reuver what a gravy train it is on these easy groomed track short races.
Actually Mark had a good time here, Are you referring to deDycker?

Post a reply to: Rattray

The Latest