Rant! How many years...

Crush
Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 8:16am
.... have we seen horrible replay calls from the TV production?

We don't need to see Savatgy wash out more than once... Not only have you already replayed it... but a good time NOT to do it is WHILST Plessinger is pressuring a guy for a pass...

Fuck me. Why is this so hard? If two riders are within a second of each other, especially if one is the fastest guy in the class... wasn't in the frame, comes up, starts pressuring Forkner, going to the front... ah let's see Savatgy in super slow mo wash the front end, the most boring crash in moto...

How's about maybe stick with the battle fucknuckle. Is that not common sense?

Rant over.
|
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
7/21/2018 8:52pm
But it’s a really really really really hard job.

So frustrating
alexfoster
7/21/2018 9:04pm
And then when they do show replays, the two boxes on screen take up about 10% of your tv screen while the rest is that dumb grey background, need binoculars from the couch to see whats happening
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
7/21/2018 9:05pm
More importantly, how many years are they going to let a show talking about golf overrun its time limit and pre-empt the motos? Holy effing crap. As if golf wasn't boring enough, now I have to watch them talk about it????
7/21/2018 9:07pm
They could have literally pulled a clip of savatgy going down from any of nationals

The Shop

BobPA
7/21/2018 9:22pm
alexfoster wrote:
And then when they do show replays, the two boxes on screen take up about 10% of your tv screen while the rest is that dumb...
And then when they do show replays, the two boxes on screen take up about 10% of your tv screen while the rest is that dumb grey background, need binoculars from the couch to see whats happening
Buy a bigger TV ya cheapskate
dirtnapper
7/21/2018 10:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2018 10:23pm
Came for the rant
Stayed cause of f**knuckle Laughing
alexfoster
7/21/2018 10:44pm
alexfoster wrote:
And then when they do show replays, the two boxes on screen take up about 10% of your tv screen while the rest is that dumb...
BobPA wrote:
Buy a bigger TV ya cheapskate
I've got a 55" tv, my point is that the two views they have on screen are tiny with all the empty space around them
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
7/21/2018 11:47pm
Let's see the Garmin course preview a 3rd of the way into the moto, and then the Holeshot replay...
Cock-ed's.
7/22/2018 12:11am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 12:12am
I know that it's just an advert really, but honestly the Garmin looks horrible... Whether it be advert, replay, rider profile thingy etc, they always seem to find the worst part of the race to show it.
7/22/2018 12:17am
68 wrote:
They could have literally pulled a clip of savatgy going down from any of nationals
Savatgy crash reel for 2018 would go for an entire show... smh #PoorMitch
7/22/2018 12:17am
Also cutting to what happened to Tomac in Red Bud while there's still 2 laps to go.. Meanwhile when the race is over, you stare at a 5 minute still image waiting for the podium interviews Unsure .
7/22/2018 12:20am
There was a battle with Filthy and Webb we missed because they followed Eli around on his own for the last lap..
Standard stuff really.
On a positive it was good having AC and Dungey in the booth at the past couple of races!
tcallahan707
7/22/2018 1:20am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Let's see the Garmin course preview a 3rd of the way into the moto, and then the Holeshot replay...
Cock-ed's.
Gotta love when the pass of the race is shown 5 minutes in as well.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
7/22/2018 1:40am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Cock-ed's.
Gotta love when the pass of the race is shown 5 minutes in as well.
I still enjoy and appreciate the piss outta the coverage but...
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
7/22/2018 5:10am
Yeah! Take that arrow course review and shove it up your ass while you're at it!

But really, if you are going to do a course preview, just do the Garmin full lap. That thing is pretty cool.
Rab
7/22/2018 6:05am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Cock-ed's.
Yea I dont get why they show the course preview more than halfway through the Moto lmao
Crush
7/22/2018 6:38am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Cock-ed's.
Rab wrote:
Yea I dont get why they show the course preview more than halfway through the Moto lmao
That’ll be a sponsor/contract call i’d imagine... I just can’t deal with the incessant shithouse producer calls.
GangGreen
7/22/2018 6:44am
First let me state the NBC Sports Gold package is awesome and seeing the motos live is working well. I dont understand why MAVTV shows a REPLAY OF THE FIRST MOTOS, WHILE THE SECOND MOTOS ARE RUNNING ???? They have the TV technicians on-site already because they filmed the 1st moto and are filming the second motos for tape-delay. MAVTV already paid their expenses, hotels, flights, rental cars, etc, and only choose to show the 1st Motos “Live”? I’m sure it has something to do with contracts, NBC Sports, DMG, maybe even MX Sports, but needing to turn the computer on to watch the second motos is stupid, when they are just showing a replay of the 1st motos.
7/22/2018 7:23am
Everything mentioned here about the show *is* annoying...but I remind myself the alternative is literal commercial breaks. I think of the Garmin stuff, plugs for other featured sporting events, etc. as commercials-lite.

That said, they REALLY need to figure out a way to shoehorn that shit in less awkwardly.
Zycki11
7/22/2018 7:43am
68 wrote:
Haha I was about to post the same thing. Insert Savatgy crash here and it will all look the same.
sandman768
7/23/2018 6:57pm
I think we are due for a "how to"google tear off segment.....
7/23/2018 7:50pm
Some of the coverage is frustrating at times, but come October through January I'll be gladly watching Savatgy crash replays from Millville, and Red Bud, and Southwick, and Muddy Creek, and High Point, and....,,

Obvious joking aside. Any moto is better than nothing.
HusqFan3
7/23/2018 8:47pm
Crush wrote:
.... have we seen horrible replay calls from the TV production? We don't need to see Savatgy wash out more than once... Not only have you...
.... have we seen horrible replay calls from the TV production?

We don't need to see Savatgy wash out more than once... Not only have you already replayed it... but a good time NOT to do it is WHILST Plessinger is pressuring a guy for a pass...

Fuck me. Why is this so hard? If two riders are within a second of each other, especially if one is the fastest guy in the class... wasn't in the frame, comes up, starts pressuring Forkner, going to the front... ah let's see Savatgy in super slow mo wash the front end, the most boring crash in moto...

How's about maybe stick with the battle fucknuckle. Is that not common sense?

Rant over.
Couldn’t agree more. Would be nice if the announcers(who actually understand moto) could overrule the producers in instances like this.
Frank
7/23/2018 8:54pm
Just pipe in Lerch from the live announcing at the track and the sounds of the bikes. I'd be good.
7/23/2018 11:52pm
All it takes is to watch the highlights videos from the nationals. It's a 7 min commercial with a few badly picked and cut racing scenes in between. Amateur hour!
If you compare the Nationals and MXGP, the action and racing is on par. If you look however at the overall presentation and professionalism, the GPs are lightyears ahead.
moto45
7/24/2018 12:03am
GangGreen wrote:
[b]First let me state the NBC Sports Gold package is awesome and seeing the motos live is working well.[/b] I dont understand why MAVTV shows a...
First let me state the NBC Sports Gold package is awesome and seeing the motos live is working well. I dont understand why MAVTV shows a REPLAY OF THE FIRST MOTOS, WHILE THE SECOND MOTOS ARE RUNNING ???? They have the TV technicians on-site already because they filmed the 1st moto and are filming the second motos for tape-delay. MAVTV already paid their expenses, hotels, flights, rental cars, etc, and only choose to show the 1st Motos “Live”? I’m sure it has something to do with contracts, NBC Sports, DMG, maybe even MX Sports, but needing to turn the computer on to watch the second motos is stupid, when they are just showing a replay of the 1st motos.
NBC owns the rights to broadcast Lucas Oil Pro Motocross. (NBC flips the bill) MAVTV only has the rights to air the first motos, kind of like when Fuel TV had it before they went away.

Not sure why you need to turn on the computer, when NBCSN is on TV and the NBC Gold App can be viewed on your TV as well.
ts.p311
7/24/2018 12:34am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Cock-ed's.
Rab wrote:
Crush wrote:
That’ll be a sponsor/contract call i’d imagine... I just can’t deal with the incessant shithouse producer calls.
Totally a sponsor/contract thing, but it's not much of a PREview when we've already seen the track. More of a review really. No big deal, semantics. I love the NBC sports gold app, but has anyone gotten a bit of deja vu? I get why they rewind and show something that happened during commercial break, but the first time I noticed it, it really weirded me out for a minute.
Slosh 112
7/24/2018 2:13am
I tried watching the motos on foxtel and got about 10 min utes of racing and yeah all of the bad stuff mentioned, didn't even watch the 450's i was that angry. I watch them on NBC sports gold now, much better, almost on par with MXGP TV, Almost.
Drtbykr
7/24/2018 8:33am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 8:36am
I’m old and in my glory MX watching wise.

Used to be on tv 2x a year on Wide World of Sports (I loved Superbikers, all those stars on SM bikes on a great course), and of course Carlsbad.

NBC Gold has me in my glory. It’s awesome, and the rebroadcasts are quick.

To an old guy, this coverage is as awesome and probable as walking into a store and buying weed legally. Oops, check that last sentence.

Following the leader on the last lap, I think that is a given right to the winner and their sponsors. Money shot.

I would love to unhook all the BS on cable and just watch SX, MX, MXGP, MotoGP packages with the money I save.

Can’t though, wife is a good cook and person and likes her tv to unwind.
psg119
7/24/2018 9:14am
68 wrote:
Mitch needs AC back STAT

Post a reply to: Rant! How many years...

The Latest