Rank your top 10 amateurs

The9mmMans
4/8/2021 9:08am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2021 7:58pm
What amateurs do you think will have the best finishes as pros in the future. Rank from 1-10.

1. Levi kitchen
2. Haiden deegan
3. Chance Hymas
4. Ryder D
5. Jett Reynolds
6. Nick Romano
7. Daxton Bennick
8. Luke kailaitzian
9. Drew Adams
10. Luka Marsalisi
|
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
4/8/2021 9:50am
1. Levi kitchen
2. Haiden deegan
3. Ryder D
4. Jett Reynolds
5. Daxton Bennick
4/8/2021 10:03am
1 Levi, 2 Wyatt Liebeck, 3 Deegan. At the pro nationals. Wyatt shot wide in a corner at the end of the last 125 all star race. Rode with pressure on him, got 2nd. He runs up front at the amateur nationals, but no titles. These are the riders that do well at the pro nationals.
The9mmMans
4/8/2021 10:38am
stremme12 wrote:
No love for Ferry's kid?
See what he does on the 125 this year but generally if you can’t win mini cycle races than it’s hard to put too much stock in him

The Shop

stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
4/8/2021 11:51am
stremme12 wrote:
No love for Ferry's kid?
The9mmMans wrote:
See what he does on the 125 this year but generally if you can’t win mini cycle races than it’s hard to put too much stock...
See what he does on the 125 this year but generally if you can’t win mini cycle races than it’s hard to put too much stock in him
He's been riding a 250f quite a bit.
TeamGreen
4/8/2021 12:12pm
Ryder DiNodisco
Ferry II
Deegan
Levi
Jett America
soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
4/8/2021 2:20pm
It’s going to be interesting to see how Haiden does. He’s been lucky enough to have the best equipment and training you could ask for, but that’s not always the right path.
brettmx
4/8/2021 2:46pm
It would be interesting to go back 5 years and 10 years to see who the amateur riders were that "ranked" as being the next future stars and see what they actual did. I'm guessing it's a mixed bag. A few became super stars, some never "made it", and there were other riders you'd not really heard of who became really good.
Up Wind
4/8/2021 3:45pm
langhammx wrote:
1. Levi kitchen
2. Haiden deegan
3. Ryder D
4. Jett Reynolds
5. Daxton Bennick
I'll take the one that wins the first 250 SX title. Wonder who that will be? Smile
ProKawi24
4/8/2021 4:13pm
Anyone have any idea when these guys might make pro debuts? I'm not in the loop much on amateur racing but I've heard enough to be excited for more fresh racers in the 250 class.

I was stoked and a bit surprised Vohland made the jump this year, unfortunate what happened though with his injury. I'm all team green but I definitely was rooting for him.
Sully
4/8/2021 5:00pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
Anyone have any idea when these guys might make pro debuts? I'm not in the loop much on amateur racing but I've heard enough to be...
Anyone have any idea when these guys might make pro debuts? I'm not in the loop much on amateur racing but I've heard enough to be excited for more fresh racers in the 250 class.

I was stoked and a bit surprised Vohland made the jump this year, unfortunate what happened though with his injury. I'm all team green but I definitely was rooting for him.
I think Kitchen & Reynolds are the only two "names" moving up after Loretta's. I don't think Ryder D or Ferry have enough time on 250s yet, so they probably won't go pro until next year. Hopefully Deegan gets off the super mini soon, because I'd like to see if the charge he put in at Freestone (crash to first) will translate to a bigger bike/four stroke.
4/8/2021 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2021 5:18pm
The9mmMans wrote:
See what he does on the 125 this year but generally if you can’t win mini cycle races than it’s hard to put too much stock...
Not true..... Mike Alessi was mr Mini rider dominator........and then......

ferry's kid could just be getting warm man! Can't judge their whole life based on what they're doing in amatuers. Everyone thought alessi and millsapps were gonna be the dominaters to the likes of McGrath. They were very successful, but not GOATs. And they killed it on mini's for sure.

Dunge didn't kill it on Mini's.......and look at him....
mwssquad827
4/8/2021 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2021 5:26pm
The9mmMans wrote:
What amateurs do you think will have the best finishes as pros in the future. Rank from 1-10. 1. Levi kitchen 2. Haiden deegan 3. Chance...
What amateurs do you think will have the best finishes as pros in the future. Rank from 1-10.

1. Levi kitchen
2. Haiden deegan
3. Chance Hymas
4. Ryder D
5. Jett Reynolds
6. Nick Romano
7. Daxton Bennick
8. Luke kailaitzian
9. Drew Adams
10. Luka Marsalisi
I have only heard of half of those kids... but I do
Know that Hymas is fast af.... he is a local kid and rips hope he does good. I heard he is moving up after lorettas also..
olderandYZer
4/8/2021 5:46pm
There are always fast guys coming up since I've been involved since 1971. Out of 10 fast ones, 1 makes it.
Stamp it.
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
4/8/2021 5:46pm
Nico Izzi
Austin Stroupe
Ian Trettle

Just a few names that come to mind when talking about top name guys that it didnt really work out for.

This is my thought on most ppl succeeding though. It will be easier for someone that doesnt have money to succeed when times are tough. Nothing against Deegan and he could be that small percentage that really accels regardless of his parents money but I think people with less money have more of a desire or just something about them that helps them push more.

Example, where are MJ's kids? They didnt materialize in basketball. Same can be said for many top athlete's kids. Dont want to single out MJ there but its a good example. Even if they wanted to pursue another sport or passion they would have every opportunity at their disposal. Maybe they became successful at things outside of sports but we certainly never heard about it.
karlsmith808
4/8/2021 5:53pm
mx 219 wrote:
Nico Izzi Austin Stroupe Ian Trettle Just a few names that come to mind when talking about top name guys that it didnt really work out...
Nico Izzi
Austin Stroupe
Ian Trettle

Just a few names that come to mind when talking about top name guys that it didnt really work out for.

This is my thought on most ppl succeeding though. It will be easier for someone that doesnt have money to succeed when times are tough. Nothing against Deegan and he could be that small percentage that really accels regardless of his parents money but I think people with less money have more of a desire or just something about them that helps them push more.

Example, where are MJ's kids? They didnt materialize in basketball. Same can be said for many top athlete's kids. Dont want to single out MJ there but its a good example. Even if they wanted to pursue another sport or passion they would have every opportunity at their disposal. Maybe they became successful at things outside of sports but we certainly never heard about it.
I second this it does seem like people with less money have more of a desire. Just look at Cairoli
4/8/2021 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2021 6:15pm
Can we add Caden Braswell #222 to the mix? He hauls ass and has had some awesome results. Florida kid and he's repping Moto XXX so, tossin his name in here for those whom have never heard of him...now ya have Smile

A few notables

2018 Lorrettas Nation Champion
2018 FIM MX 85 World Champion
2018 AMA Youth Rider Of The Year
1st RC Daytona SX Schoolboy 2 (Ryder D got 2nd)
2nd RC Daytona SX 250B (Ryder D got 1st)
1st College (18-24) Spring A Ding

We'd also be routing for Luke Kalaitzian ...ran Moto XXX strong till signing with Leatt

www.motoxxx.com

www.instagram.com/motoxxxofficial

Kelz87
Fantasy
1574th
4/8/2021 6:28pm
Casey Cochran will be really good I think
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
4/8/2021 6:40pm
Is Matt LeBlanc still an amateur?
capeway215
4/8/2021 8:35pm
Dax Bennick is right up there with Deegan
Rickyisms
4/8/2021 8:42pm
Kelz87 wrote:
I'd like to see him put the pressure on Deegan when they both turn pro, I feel like he'll have a chip on his shoulder from all the times Deegan edged it out over him at the majority of the amateur races lately.
4/8/2021 9:11pm
stremme12 wrote:
No love for Ferry's kid?
Forgot about Ferry, another fast Fl. Rider is Jack Chambers. There is a lot of really fast kids. I would pick Levi and Wyatt for the best finishes at the nationals. A rutted or sandy track , Wyatt is my pick. Watch Ironman 125, Sypes is a crafty racer. Ironman has a lot of ruts. Wyatt sees race line really good, rails the outside passing Sipes. sipes then turns it up and applies pressure. Ryan I think could qualify for a national and finish well yet. Wyatt is on a yzf 250 now, ClubMx .
4/8/2021 9:23pm
What about Casey Cochran...this kids amazing, cant believe hes not on any list....what Gives?
TooTallJason
Fantasy
979th
4/8/2021 9:46pm
mx 219 wrote:
Nico Izzi Austin Stroupe Ian Trettle Just a few names that come to mind when talking about top name guys that it didnt really work out...
Nico Izzi
Austin Stroupe
Ian Trettle

To be fair to Jordan’s kids they didn’t have his size.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/8/2021 10:21pm
Kelz87 wrote:
Rickyisms wrote:
I'd like to see him put the pressure on Deegan when they both turn pro, I feel like he'll have a chip on his shoulder from...
I'd like to see him put the pressure on Deegan when they both turn pro, I feel like he'll have a chip on his shoulder from all the times Deegan edged it out over him at the majority of the amateur races lately.
Could be a repeat of Alessi/Villopoto.
4/8/2021 11:37pm
Kelz87 wrote:
Rickyisms wrote:
I'd like to see him put the pressure on Deegan when they both turn pro, I feel like he'll have a chip on his shoulder from...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Could be a repeat of Alessi/Villopoto.
Could be I'd like to think not, I'm not well versed in how Alessi was as a kid but Deegan definitely has a clear desire he wants to dominate everything he goes into, and has proved to dig deep when needed, however it is just the small bikes atm.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/9/2021 12:06am
Could be I'd like to think not, I'm not well versed in how Alessi was as a kid but Deegan definitely has a clear desire he...
Could be I'd like to think not, I'm not well versed in how Alessi was as a kid but Deegan definitely has a clear desire he wants to dominate everything he goes into, and has proved to dig deep when needed, however it is just the small bikes atm.
Alessi was very dominant at the amateur level. Practically winning everything he lined for. You don't win as much as he did without having the desire of being the best. Once they went pro, Villopoto just hit an extra gear and the rest is history.

Success at the amateur level doesn't really mean much to be honest. AC is another one that was very successful as an amateur, but that hasn't exactly translated to his pro career. He's had success at the pro level, no doubt, but he hasn't racked up a whole bunch of championships like a lot of people thought he was going to do. He's been at it since 2013 and has 1 pro title to his name.

He's still young at 24, so he has still plenty of time to win more championships.

I think the last dominant amateur riders that continued on that path once they turned pro were RC and James.

Who knows, maybe Deegan will one day be added to the list of greats in our sport. One thing is for sure, nothing is guaranteed. Will be interesting to watch.
MXJORRIT
4/9/2021 12:41am
Could be I'd like to think not, I'm not well versed in how Alessi was as a kid but Deegan definitely has a clear desire he...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Alessi was very dominant at the amateur level. Practically winning everything he lined for. You don't win as much as he did without having the desire...
Alessi was very dominant at the amateur level. Practically winning everything he lined for. You don't win as much as he did without having the desire of being the best. Once they went pro, Villopoto just hit an extra gear and the rest is history.

Success at the amateur level doesn't really mean much to be honest. AC is another one that was very successful as an amateur, but that hasn't exactly translated to his pro career. He's had success at the pro level, no doubt, but he hasn't racked up a whole bunch of championships like a lot of people thought he was going to do. He's been at it since 2013 and has 1 pro title to his name.

He's still young at 24, so he has still plenty of time to win more championships.

I think the last dominant amateur riders that continued on that path once they turned pro were RC and James.

Who knows, maybe Deegan will one day be added to the list of greats in our sport. One thing is for sure, nothing is guaranteed. Will be interesting to watch.
I was thinking about it, when was the last time a successful amateur continued their path as a pro. I'd say Webb is the last one, of course sometimes kind of overshadowed by AC but he still won a bunch of titles as an amateur.
Really excited to see Kitchen. I think in one of the swapmoto videos he said he might do the nationals even before LL?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
4/9/2021 1:03am
MXJORRIT wrote:
I was thinking about it, when was the last time a successful amateur continued their path as a pro. I'd say Webb is the last one...
I was thinking about it, when was the last time a successful amateur continued their path as a pro. I'd say Webb is the last one, of course sometimes kind of overshadowed by AC but he still won a bunch of titles as an amateur.
Really excited to see Kitchen. I think in one of the swapmoto videos he said he might do the nationals even before LL?
Kitchen might be moving up for the start of the nationals. Craig riding the 450 and Kitchen taking the vacant 250 spot would make sense.
Jb118117
4/9/2021 5:22am
mx 219 wrote:
Nico Izzi
Austin Stroupe
Ian Trettle

I wouldn't put Ian Trettle in that group. His pro career was off to a good start until he had the crash and brain injury at Daytona. He never got on a bike again after that.

Post a reply to: Rank your top 10 amateurs

The Latest