Random supercross question from my five year old (now with riding pictures!)

FlaNard
6/15/2020 4:55pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2020 5:55pm
stangkag wrote:
Hey Collin you asked where all the fireworks are, well here you go buddy this is for you! Your dad tells me you're going to be...
Hey Collin you asked where all the fireworks are, well here you go buddy this is for you!
Your dad tells me you're going to be 6 years old soon (27th) which is how old I was when I first went to my very first supercross. I'll never forget the pyrotechnics, lasers, and of course the awesome voice doing the rider intro's David Lee ( Olejniczak ) and due to this covid 19 virus it might be awhile before any of us get to hear or see that again.

Until then my friend, just watch this video! Happy 6th birthday and congrats on passing your third covid 19 test that's really awesome, looking forward to hearing more of your future updates... Kyle

KYLE!!! Oh my gosh man I wish you could have seen his face! This is INCREDIBLE!!! You're the man on so many levels! I need to reach out to Dave for doing this because that's so cool of him but damn man. I think we're about to hear that Pokemon theme song for about a week straight! I owe you big time for making my son (soon to be my whole family) so happy. Cool Any way I can get a copy to save?
stangkag
6/15/2020 5:13pm
I'll pm you David's email, I'm sure he would enjoy hearing from you! Really glad to hear Collin liked it.

To save this video go to YouTube and search "Collin Fox Supercross " then click download button!

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
6/15/2020 7:07pm
Collin, my son Colin never had Leukemia, but he was born very early... A month and a half too early. He was very sick, but he got better and he wants you to get better too. Someday if you ever want to come visit us in California, we'll all go riding together.

The Shop

dkg
6/16/2020 3:52pm
Stangkag, Very cool!
Motox627!
6/18/2020 4:19am
Just wanted to check in on Collin and see how he was doing? how'd he like that racing last night!!!???

Looks like package from Rocky Mountain showed up yesterday, so hopefully you guys got it ok!

Best Wishes!

FlaNard
6/18/2020 2:24pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2020 2:26pm
Motox627! wrote:
Just wanted to check in on Collin and see how he was doing? how'd he like that racing last night!!!??? Looks like package from Rocky Mountain...
Just wanted to check in on Collin and see how he was doing? how'd he like that racing last night!!!???

Looks like package from Rocky Mountain showed up yesterday, so hopefully you guys got it ok!

Best Wishes!

Thanks for checking in! We did get the package thank you. His room is very dirt biked out and he's loving it! He had a big day of treatment yesterday so he slept through the races. I'm sure we'll check them out later today. His progress has been so awesome but they did let us know that due to some rare genetic markers he will almost certainly need bone marrow transplants once they get his cancer into remission. The first Fellow that explained it to us really did a poor job and had us really on a low. I had a chance to speak with his actual doctor today and feel much better about things. It's still a scary time for the parents but Collin was up and walking around during physical therapy today and shooting hoops on a Nerf door basketball hoop and laughing and happy. Just trying not to yank his tubes out is about his only concern which shows us how far he's come. Crazy days but you guys have so been so great through this. The support has really helped me during the early days of this craziness. I've got to know a few people on here a lot better through all of this and that's been one great thing thats come out of this super crappy ordeal.
Motox627!
6/19/2020 4:03am
Motox627! wrote:
Just wanted to check in on Collin and see how he was doing? how'd he like that racing last night!!!??? Looks like package from Rocky Mountain...

Best Wishes!

FlaNard wrote:
Thanks for checking in! We did get the package thank you. His room is very dirt biked out and he's loving it! He had a big...
Thanks for checking in! We did get the package thank you. His room is very dirt biked out and he's loving it! He had a big day of treatment yesterday so he slept through the races. I'm sure we'll check them out later today. His progress has been so awesome but they did let us know that due to some rare genetic markers he will almost certainly need bone marrow transplants once they get his cancer into remission. The first Fellow that explained it to us really did a poor job and had us really on a low. I had a chance to speak with his actual doctor today and feel much better about things. It's still a scary time for the parents but Collin was up and walking around during physical therapy today and shooting hoops on a Nerf door basketball hoop and laughing and happy. Just trying not to yank his tubes out is about his only concern which shows us how far he's come. Crazy days but you guys have so been so great through this. The support has really helped me during the early days of this craziness. I've got to know a few people on here a lot better through all of this and that's been one great thing thats come out of this super crappy ordeal.
Yay!. Im glad he is making progress, that is great news! As a parent myself, i can not even imagine what you guys are going thru. Collin sounds like a resilient kid and one day you guys will look back at this as just a speed bump along the way.... Im glad you guys have the support you do and its when stuff like this happens, the moto community as a whole is pretty damn amazing and makes me proud to be a part of it!

Hope you guys have a good weekend and come Sunday, there might be some fireworks after all!
GFMM647
6/29/2020 6:58pm
Checking in to see how Collin is doing? Haven't seen any posts lately. Hope you guys are well.

Jason
FlaNard
6/29/2020 7:58pm
GFMM647 wrote:
Checking in to see how Collin is doing? Haven't seen any posts lately. Hope you guys are well.

Jason
Hey Jason! Didn’t want to bug people with updates and all that stuff on here but he’s doing good! His levels are a bit bottomed out right now but should be rising over the next 7-10 days before he gets his first break at home! Energy and appetite are increasing by the day! Turned six on Saturday and i can’t wait to get him home to throw him a real party. Cool

Deja New
6/29/2020 8:01pm
Happy birthday Collin and dad thank for the update....
SEE ARE125
6/29/2020 8:13pm
Happy birthday Collin! One of ours turned 6 at the beginning of the month. Enjoy the home time!
GFMM647
6/30/2020 10:06am
Happy Birthday Collin!
You're not bugging anyone. Hope I'm not bothering you by asking. Will be trying to check in from time to time. Love to hear the good news!
FlaNard
6/30/2020 11:18am
GFMM647 wrote:
Happy Birthday Collin! You're not bugging anyone. Hope I'm not bothering you by asking. Will be trying to check in from time to time. Love to...
Happy Birthday Collin!
You're not bugging anyone. Hope I'm not bothering you by asking. Will be trying to check in from time to time. Love to hear the good news!
I appreciate it! Got the word today that he may get to come home for a break at the end of the week! It all depends on his numbers but they’re trending in the right direction! Cool
Motox627!
6/30/2020 11:42am
GFMM647 wrote:
Happy Birthday Collin! You're not bugging anyone. Hope I'm not bothering you by asking. Will be trying to check in from time to time. Love to...
Happy Birthday Collin!
FlaNard wrote:
I appreciate it! Got the word today that he may get to come home for a break at the end of the week! It all depends...
I appreciate it! Got the word today that he may get to come home for a break at the end of the week! It all depends on his numbers but they’re trending in the right direction! Cool
That's wonderful news!! Meant to check this morning and got buried in work..... Glad you guys are doing well and be sure and keep us posted! We are all pulling for Collin and be sure and wish him a happy birthday from us as well. My daughter also had a birthday this Saturday, so that is a special day for more than just one reason now!
FlaNard
6/30/2020 1:35pm
GFMM647 wrote:
Happy Birthday Collin!
FlaNard wrote:
I appreciate it! Got the word today that he may get to come home for a break at the end of the week! It all depends...
Motox627! wrote:
That's wonderful news!! Meant to check this morning and got buried in work..... Glad you guys are doing well and be sure and keep us posted...
That's wonderful news!! Meant to check this morning and got buried in work..... Glad you guys are doing well and be sure and keep us posted! We are all pulling for Collin and be sure and wish him a happy birthday from us as well. My daughter also had a birthday this Saturday, so that is a special day for more than just one reason now!
Happy birthday to your daughter!!! Collin will be excited to share his birthday. Cool
Motox627!
7/10/2020 10:29am
Just wanted to check in and see how Collin was doing? Hope he is continuing to improve and that the rest of the family is well!
FlaNard
7/10/2020 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2020 12:10pm
Motox627! wrote:
Just wanted to check in and see how Collin was doing? Hope he is continuing to improve and that the rest of the family is well!
Hey man! Dude it’s all so crazy right now. He’s finishing up a short stint at home before we get going on round two of chemo on Tuesday which will last for the next month but he’s back to his old self right now. He had to go in this morning to get some tests done to see how effective his first round was at getting him to or close to remission so that’s got me a bit on edge but seeing him so happy at home has been incredible! Even rode his bike with his sister yesterday which I never expected so soon. Cool Gotta get his dirt bike ready for when we get out next time! I think he’ll be ready!!!

FlaNard
7/10/2020 12:13pm
Oh and he had his “non-hospital” birthday. Smile

Motox627!
7/10/2020 12:24pm
FlaNard wrote:
Oh and he had his “non-hospital” birthday. :) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/10/437250/s1200_1BDF96B1_801E_464B_BB24_D8F65A682279.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/10/437249/s1200_D422A049_5EA8_4373_B335_B347E5BF37C3.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/10/437248/s1200_EA9D386C_F741_4D56_B8D4_CF22374D3B9D.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/10/437247/s1200_2EFF648D_7BF2_4E50_867A_E31C255C25C5.jpg[/img]

Hell yeah, man that is great news! I can imagine having him home is a blessing all in itself! He looks to be in very good spirits which is half the battle sometimes..... Im sure sis is stoked to have him home as well!

How soon will you get the results of the test they did today?
peelout
7/10/2020 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2020 1:08pm
man i'm not sure how i missed this thread, brings all the feels seeing as i'm a new father myself. all my love and best wishes to you guys, keep your heads up, and Happy Birthday little man! and what a beautiful family you have there
-Garet

ps... just noticed your wife with a Golden Girls shirt lol, my wife LOVES the Golden Girls and has multiple shirts. good stuff
FlaNard
7/10/2020 1:20pm
FlaNard wrote:
Oh and he had his “non-hospital” birthday. :) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/10/437250/s1200_1BDF96B1_801E_464B_BB24_D8F65A682279.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/10/437249/s1200_D422A049_5EA8_4373_B335_B347E5BF37C3.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/10/437248/s1200_EA9D386C_F741_4D56_B8D4_CF22374D3B9D.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/07/10/437247/s1200_2EFF648D_7BF2_4E50_867A_E31C255C25C5.jpg[/img]

Motox627! wrote:
Hell yeah, man that is great news! I can imagine having him home is a blessing all in itself! He looks to be in very good...
Hell yeah, man that is great news! I can imagine having him home is a blessing all in itself! He looks to be in very good spirits which is half the battle sometimes..... Im sure sis is stoked to have him home as well!

How soon will you get the results of the test they did today?
It sounds like Monday since we check back in on Tuesday and they need to know the results to know if they continue on with the same chemo or switch it up to something stronger. Just got word that my daughter is a bone marrow match which was our absolute best case scenario so that’s amazing news for us. I hate having to involve her but she can hold it over on him for the rest of his life. Laughing
FlaNard
7/10/2020 1:28pm
peelout wrote:
man i'm not sure how i missed this thread, brings all the feels seeing as i'm a new father myself. all my love and best wishes...
man i'm not sure how i missed this thread, brings all the feels seeing as i'm a new father myself. all my love and best wishes to you guys, keep your heads up, and Happy Birthday little man! and what a beautiful family you have there
-Garet

ps... just noticed your wife with a Golden Girls shirt lol, my wife LOVES the Golden Girls and has multiple shirts. good stuff
Thanks Garet! I hope you guys are getting some sleep. I’ve been chatting with a few new dads lately and that is such an amazing but exhausting time as a parent. So unbelievably worth the loss of sleep though. Yeah, the Golden Girls love runs deep here. We recently purchased Golden Girls Clue and got a lot of mileage out of that at Primary Children’s! Laughing
FlaNard
7/17/2020 8:13am
Hey everyone! I’m not going to keep bugging you guys with constant updates on my sons condition since this is a motocross board but I did want to share some great news since you’ve all been so awesome to us and especially Collin. We got the news on Monday that Collin is now in remission from just his first round of chemo! His type of leukemia is AML and he has some weird genetic markers that led the doctors to believe remission was going to be a real struggle to obtain. So we’re back in the hospital basically doing a maintenance round of chemo to ready him for a bone marrow transplant after that (we also found out his little sister is a match for that which is the best possible scenario.) We couldn’t be happier! Thank you all again for everything! The Vital and moto community has done so much to boost Collin and really all of our spirits during some hard times and I can never thank you all enough. So many amazing people that have gone so far past above and beyond it’s just mind blowing.

face biter
7/17/2020 8:25am
That is awesome news! I know you have a lot going on, and it’s an emotional roller coaster for you, but he seems like such a tough and happy little dude and I’ve been enjoying seeing the progress he’s making.
I think most have been interested to hear how you’re all doing, but didn’t want to pry, or make you feel you had one more thing on your plate.

Thanks for the update, and I’m so happy to hear this good news for your family!
Motox627!
7/17/2020 8:26am
FlaNard wrote:
Hey everyone! I’m not going to keep bugging you guys with constant updates on my sons condition since this is a motocross board but I did...
Hey everyone! I’m not going to keep bugging you guys with constant updates on my sons condition since this is a motocross board but I did want to share some great news since you’ve all been so awesome to us and especially Collin. We got the news on Monday that Collin is now in remission from just his first round of chemo! His type of leukemia is AML and he has some weird genetic markers that led the doctors to believe remission was going to be a real struggle to obtain. So we’re back in the hospital basically doing a maintenance round of chemo to ready him for a bone marrow transplant after that (we also found out his little sister is a match for that which is the best possible scenario.) We couldn’t be happier! Thank you all again for everything! The Vital and moto community has done so much to boost Collin and really all of our spirits during some hard times and I can never thank you all enough. So many amazing people that have gone so far past above and beyond it’s just mind blowing.

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!! Way to go Collin!!! Im pretty sure i speak for everyone, you aren't "bugging" anyone with updates! Its awesome to see some good in the world amongst all the bad and i think we all love seeing how he is doing. My wife and daughter even ask me now every couple of days if I've heard anything, so he has more people praying for him than imaginable.

Hope you and the fam have a good weekend and the 2nd round goes good!
500guy
7/17/2020 8:50am
Excellent news, Continued Thoughts and Prayers for a full and Speedy recovery.

Post a reply to: Random supercross question from my five year old (now with riding pictures!)

The Latest