Ralphs Continuous Warning “Tomac Could Go On a Run and Thats Bad News For The Others”

iudi2006
Fantasy
312th
1/21/2018 11:06am
Totally possible to make up that deficit and anyone who's watched supercross has seen people come back from 40 plus points and win the title.
defeatist45
1/21/2018 11:39am
iudi2006 wrote:
Totally possible to make up that deficit and anyone who's watched supercross has seen people come back from 40 plus points and win the title.
Who has done it from 40 + points?
RandyS
1/21/2018 1:16pm
He certainly could but he has a few problems standing in his way.

1:Anderson, main threat from Bakers Factory where the last 9? titles have come from.
2:Roczen, even if it takes a while he showed he will be back, maybe not where he was but enough to knock off a win or three.
3.Barcia, may have had an off night but if he wants to have a career to support his new wife he has to deliver. If he drops back into Barcia of the last few years it's over.
4.Marvin, if he recovers he's still a threat for a win streak.
5. Seely, he's won before and should have last night.
6 Eli Tomac, I don't think he can have a 14 race streak with no Tomacs.

If Anderson doesn't have any major bobbles he's going to be tough to beat. I just don't see that anyone will be able to dominate enough to make up 50 points.
1/21/2018 1:31pm
RandyS wrote:
He certainly could but he has a few problems standing in his way. 1:Anderson, main threat from Bakers Factory where the last 9? titles have come...

1:Anderson, main threat from Bakers Factory where the last 9? titles have come from.
2:Roczen, even if it takes a while he showed he will be back, maybe not where he was but enough to knock off a win or three.
3.Barcia, may have had an off night but if he wants to have a career to support his new wife he has to deliver. If he drops back into Barcia of the last few years it's over.

If Anderson doesn't have any major bobbles he's going to be tough to beat. I just don't see that anyone will be able to dominate enough to make up 50 points.
I agree it's highly unlikely that he can get back in this thing but the only thing working for him is that the rest of the competition is just as prone or even more than he is to mistakes. I personally don't see Anderson, Barcia or Roczen going the rest of the season without any big mistakes or drama but as you said Eli probably won't be able to either.

The Shop

1/21/2018 1:39pm
Last year he had to catch Dungey. Dungey is gone. It's very possible that he takes this championship IMO.
1/21/2018 1:39pm
Really??? Incant imagine anyone is concerned with the possibility of Tomac going on a run being 50 points down..... He would literally have tonwin every race...
Really??? Incant imagine anyone is concerned with the possibility of Tomac going on a run being 50 points down..... He would literally have tonwin every race this SX season from here on out AND have a little luck on his side in the way of REALLY bad finishes by ALL of the title contenders. Not to say it isn't impossible but Jesus Ralph ..... He keeps screaming about it after Eli won the second Moto ... A bit presumptions isn't it??

What annoys me about it is the context he's using "Tomac could go on a run!!!" Talking about him as if he wasn't 50 points down and is still somewhat in the title hunt ...which is isn't at all at the moment and it's possible but a serious long shot.

And how about Hill? Dam dude

How about Roczen? Is he even here tonight??
Monster.... Kawasaki.... Tomac....

Monster.... Feld.... Ralph....

Making sense yet?

As much as I LOVE shitting on Ralph for the craptastic play-by-play guy that he is, it wouldnt matter if it's Ralph or anyone else in his seat. He's being told what to say because of who pays the bills.

We get live races on TV. You knew there'd be strings attached. Ralph is just Pinocchio in this case.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
1/21/2018 2:42pm
Really??? Incant imagine anyone is concerned with the possibility of Tomac going on a run being 50 points down..... He would literally have tonwin every race...
Really??? Incant imagine anyone is concerned with the possibility of Tomac going on a run being 50 points down..... He would literally have tonwin every race this SX season from here on out AND have a little luck on his side in the way of REALLY bad finishes by ALL of the title contenders. Not to say it isn't impossible but Jesus Ralph ..... He keeps screaming about it after Eli won the second Moto ... A bit presumptions isn't it??

What annoys me about it is the context he's using "Tomac could go on a run!!!" Talking about him as if he wasn't 50 points down and is still somewhat in the title hunt ...which is isn't at all at the moment and it's possible but a serious long shot.

And how about Hill? Dam dude

How about Roczen? Is he even here tonight??
Tomac is now 43 points down on Anderson. He beat Anderson by more that 80 points last season.
There are 14 races to go.
Give Anderson one bad night, one tenth, and tomac is right there if he goes on like he did last year
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
1/21/2018 2:43pm
RandyS wrote:
He certainly could but he has a few problems standing in his way. 1:Anderson, main threat from Bakers Factory where the last 9? titles have come...

That long list is actually in tomacs favor. If there were no good guys apart from him and Anderson, it would be pretty hard to make up the points because Anderson would finish 2nd every race.
Now there are 5 or more guys capable to get in between ET and JA anytime
RandyS
1/21/2018 3:21pm
crusty_xx wrote:
That long list is actually in tomacs favor. If there were no good guys apart from him and Anderson, it would be pretty hard to make...
That long list is actually in tomacs favor. If there were no good guys apart from him and Anderson, it would be pretty hard to make up the points because Anderson would finish 2nd every race.
Now there are 5 or more guys capable to get in between ET and JA anytime
True but there's also more people who can and I think will take wins away from Tomac. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tomac have the most wins but I don't see it being 9 like last year.
1/21/2018 3:25pm
RandyS wrote:

True.
Tomac may not go on a run. And that's good news for the others.
Crush
1/21/2018 4:27pm
TripleFive wrote:
He's only 43 points behind the guy that he beat by 81 points last season.
That's a good way to sum it up.
Acidreamer
1/21/2018 5:15pm
Its bad news because tomac is the best guy in fhe field hands down by far. He will keep winning. Maybe not the title but races.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
1/21/2018 5:22pm
RandyS wrote:
True but there's also more people who can and I think will take wins away from Tomac. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tomac have the...
True but there's also more people who can and I think will take wins away from Tomac. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tomac have the most wins but I don't see it being 9 like last year.
Yep. I'm just saying IF he goes on and wins 9 races this season like he did last year, then he still needs people in between him and Anderson
Back when Reed and RC were dominating the field, 43 points would have been impossible to make up
jeffro503
1/21/2018 5:32pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Were you around in the days of Stews prime? Holy shiiiit was it terrible to listen to Ralph then :pinch: " ....and there goes Stewart, the...
Were you around in the days of Stews prime? Holy shiiiit was it terrible to listen to Ralph then Pinch

" ....and there goes Stewart, the fastest man on the planet....."

Over and over and over and over and .........
I said something to you the other day , and I was wrong. On this point , you are completely right. And I couldn't agree more.

One thing I have noticed from Ralph over the years , is he picks a couple things to say , and just sticks with it. Like things don't change race to race , or year to year. I like Ralph , but damn he can get on my nerves.
1/21/2018 5:38pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Yep. I'm just saying IF he goes on and wins 9 races this season like he did last year, then he still needs people in between...
Yep. I'm just saying IF he goes on and wins 9 races this season like he did last year, then he still needs people in between him and Anderson
Back when Reed and RC were dominating the field, 43 points would have been impossible to make up
That's true.
Eli could go on a run. And that's bad news for the other guys.
RandyS
1/21/2018 6:13pm
RandyS wrote:
True but there's also more people who can and I think will take wins away from Tomac. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tomac have the...
crusty_xx wrote:
Yep. I'm just saying IF he goes on and wins 9 races this season like he did last year, then he still needs people in between...
If he wins 8 more races and has no really bad weekends he will be more than likely be champion. If he wins 8 more but has off weekends like last year it will end like last year.
jemcee
1/21/2018 7:30pm
yep heaps rather Ralph say 'well Eli has won tonight but it's of no use he's way behind and the points will never get interesting.. but tune in next week'
Lightning78
1/22/2018 3:49am
BikerScars wrote:
He is doing his job to build a dramatic landscape behind and during the race. That said ET chances are thin, BUT it's a long season...
He is doing his job to build a dramatic landscape behind and during the race.

That said ET chances are thin, BUT it's a long season and it's very possible top points guys get a couple DNFs .( crash or mechanical). I am not counting ET out at all. Too much talent, and it's a damm crazy sport. Anything can still happen.

As Matthes put it perfectly in the A2 review wrapup podcast talking to Weege about this very subject, "Nothing is impossible but im gonna go with the last 40 years of history on my side" he was referring to the probability of a rider making up a points gap of this magnitude.
Lightning78
1/22/2018 3:51am
Acidreamer wrote:
Its bad news because tomac is the best guy in fhe field hands down by far. He will keep winning. Maybe not the title but races.
How do you figure??? Anderson caught and DROPPED him in the third moto
Rdubs19
1/22/2018 4:34am
I don't really care what they talk about but I really wish Ralph wouldn't yell his sentences at random times throught the night.
Acidreamer
1/22/2018 4:47am
Acidreamer wrote:
How do you figure??? Anderson caught and DROPPED him in the third moto
Tomac did pretty good for not riding hardly at all in 2 weeks. & right off an injury. He also knew he didnt need the 3rd moto win to win the night.
1/22/2018 4:51am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2018 4:52am
RandyS wrote:
Why not? All the same guys were there last year except Kenny. He clearly is not the same Kenny as before the injury at the moment. Plus Tomac got his first win a round earlier this year than last.
Flip109
1/22/2018 4:58am
I guess I just don’t pay attention to the announcers lol
Wells423
1/22/2018 6:32am
I was more bothered by them going on an on about josh grant having a freak show win forever ago. News flash Ralph JG33 will never win again!
tprice07
1/22/2018 7:30am
#whosnext...might humble another rider. Jason Anderson and Justin Barcia are two riders that are riding without consequence. They are the only ones I see that are willing to push over that edge.

If Roczen has the right people in his camp they are telling him to take the Dungey approach this year...A2 was, understandably, a mental nightmare. From here on out he should be consistent and stick around the podium - top 5.

Tomac absolutely has to get out there and dominate each and every race. I don't see him keeping it together consistently.
BobPA
1/22/2018 7:59am
Has Kenny ever been consistent in SX? What about Anderson? MM? Yes I don’t think he will comeback from it buttttt there is always a chance...
Has Kenny ever been consistent in SX? What about Anderson? MM? Yes I don’t think he will comeback from it buttttt there is always a chance. I think JA will have a few bad races as well as Kenny like we saw yesterday. I think tomac can win another 10 races
Tomac can also have bad races, remember? He seems to be a win or 7th kind of guy.

Anderson seems to have it this year..
Phantom 661
1/22/2018 8:47am
tprice07 wrote:
#whosnext...might humble another rider. Jason Anderson and Justin Barcia are two riders that are riding without consequence. They are the only ones I see that are...
#whosnext...might humble another rider. Jason Anderson and Justin Barcia are two riders that are riding without consequence. They are the only ones I see that are willing to push over that edge.

If Roczen has the right people in his camp they are telling him to take the Dungey approach this year...A2 was, understandably, a mental nightmare. From here on out he should be consistent and stick around the podium - top 5.

Tomac absolutely has to get out there and dominate each and every race. I don't see him keeping it together consistently.
So far I agree about Barcia and Anderson. Nothing wrong with Kenny applying the Dungey approach for a bit. If Dunge can miss 5 races in a row in the middle of the season and still clamp down 3rd (just shy of 2nd) overall for the year then all may not be lost. Championship for Tomac may not be probable... but it ain't impossible either.
tprice07
1/22/2018 9:02am
tprice07 wrote:
#whosnext...might humble another rider. Jason Anderson and Justin Barcia are two riders that are riding without consequence. They are the only ones I see that are...

So far I agree about Barcia and Anderson. Nothing wrong with Kenny applying the Dungey approach for a bit. If Dunge can miss 5 races in...
So far I agree about Barcia and Anderson. Nothing wrong with Kenny applying the Dungey approach for a bit. If Dunge can miss 5 races in a row in the middle of the season and still clamp down 3rd (just shy of 2nd) overall for the year then all may not be lost. Championship for Tomac may not be probable... but it ain't impossible either.
As of right now, I have Roczen winning the championship. I think his caution will force the Dungey approach.

No matter what we are in for something interesting...even if Anderson rips off a ton of wins...it's something different than last year. If somehow Barcia is able to string together some wins and take the championship I'll be pumped as well.

I just hope we don't lose anymore riders to injury!
deluxeman
1/22/2018 11:51am
gnarwhip wrote:
He won 9 mains last year with Dungey in the field. The only guy in my mind that will be there in the end is Anderson...
He won 9 mains last year with Dungey in the field. The only guy in my mind that will be there in the end is Anderson. Tomac for sure has shot if he reels off ten more mains and Anderson has a bad race or two. Not out of the question at all.
Dungey didn’t even want to race last year and still beat Tomac........

Post a reply to: Ralphs Continuous Warning “Tomac Could Go On a Run and Thats Bad News For The Others”

The Latest