Ralph Sheheen makes mistakes on the AIR

BikeGuy321
1/16/2019 6:22pm
Most of the guys who constantly defend Ralph do it because he announces amateur Nascar events. Any real moto fan knows that Nascar is pure garbage.
STLSharky
1/16/2019 6:26pm
He said something on the last lap about "the orange #4" and made reference to RC, something about that same number and color... please tell me...
He said something on the last lap about "the orange #4" and made reference to RC, something about that same number and color... please tell me I didn't actually hear him say RC also used to be a orange #4.... unless it was some strange reference to RC's hair color??
Freddy wrote:
RC wore mostly orange gear for many years. Those of you baggin on Ralph better be flawless at doing your jobs. The funniest fault I've heard...
RC wore mostly orange gear for many years.

Those of you baggin on Ralph better be flawless at doing your jobs.

The funniest fault I've heard any announcer say though is Paul Malin, "Cairoli is not fucking about" and calling Julien Lieber for Josh Grant (green 33)
Yes Ricky’s fav gear for a while was orange #4 Chevy trucks Kawasaki. I have one of the very first digital images in our and most sports taken by The Factory Spectator TFS Steve Bruhn. Got it signed by the entire team, Ricky’s agent, His Team manager, His Mom Dad and the Late Mr Ellis the Truck Driver. It’s my favorite picture
beamer
1/16/2019 6:27pm
Here’s a thought for you whiners, a couple of them actually.

1) don’t watch it

2) do watch it, turn down the volume and stfu!
deluxeman
1/17/2019 7:01am
beamer wrote:

1) don’t watch it

Why is it wrong to desire something better than what we are currently getting?

The Shop

Dust601
1/21/2019 1:07am
eGGz wrote:
I find it insulting when Ralph attempts to create artificial drama. Like when a racers rear wheel steps out a bit and he tries to turn...
I find it insulting when Ralph attempts to create artificial drama.
Like when a racers rear wheel steps out a bit and he tries to turn that into some kind of a near crash, close call, spectacular save. Or when one racer closes up on another racer and he tries to turn that into a excitingly close but failed pass attempt.
I don’t get very stressed over announcers, but I do find myself laughing all the time when he gets excited over nothing.

Someone will have like a 8 second lead, 30 feet from finish line “IS RIDER A GOING TO MAKE IT, OR WILL RIDER B CATCH HIM?????????” Half the time the lead rider is already across finish line before he even finishes.
omalley
1/21/2019 6:10am
milliebays wrote:
ralph has lost the edge maverick without his wingman and RC is all hot air. never been a better time to watch the race on mute.

155hk
1/21/2019 7:17am
Ralph this last race was getting on my nerves, screamed in amazement when an 11th place rider went down, then when he saw Barcia laying on the ground he barely made a sound. Also when Cantrell almost crashed, forget the exact words but it was on the order of "Down goes Cantrell! and rides away from a big mistake." Starting to think we need to give the announcers drug tests like we do the riders before races.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
1/21/2019 9:01am
This thread could've been titled better and simply put

BRING BACK ART ECKMAN AND DAVID BAILEY
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/21/2019 2:27pm
We are all human. We make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. But did anyone else catch the two mistakes that Ralph Sheheen made on air last night...
We are all human. We make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. But did anyone else catch the two mistakes that Ralph Sheheen made on air last night? The first was forgetting where he was at the start of the show (he paused a bit before he said Glendale), and the second was claiming Enzo Lopes had taken the LCQ win as the flagger waved the white flag (RC called him out shortly after). Im not hating what so ever! I like Ralph a lot. I just thought it was funny.
I once went into Arbys and tried to order a Big Mac and fries, once I figured out I was in Arbys not McDonalds I recovered by ordering a Beef and cheddar and curly fries. I am just glad everyone around me had enough class not to point it out Wink
MudPup545
1/21/2019 2:34pm
deluxeman wrote:
Exactly! If we accept what we have as good enough, then I'm guessing everyone on here rides a 100% stock bike?
1/21/2019 2:42pm
deluxeman wrote:
It’s not wrong, but don’t state your opinion as fact because there are plenty of people that are fine with Ralph.
1/21/2019 2:51pm
eGGz wrote:
I find it insulting when Ralph attempts to create artificial drama. Like when a racers rear wheel steps out a bit and he tries to turn...
Like when a racers rear wheel steps out a bit and he tries to turn that into some kind of a near crash, close call, spectacular save. Or when one racer closes up on another racer and he tries to turn that into a excitingly close but failed pass attempt.
Dust601 wrote:
I don’t get very stressed over announcers, but I do find myself laughing all the time when he gets excited over nothing. Someone will have like...
I don’t get very stressed over announcers, but I do find myself laughing all the time when he gets excited over nothing.

Someone will have like a 8 second lead, 30 feet from finish line “IS RIDER A GOING TO MAKE IT, OR WILL RIDER B CATCH HIM?????????” Half the time the lead rider is already across finish line before he even finishes.
. .?? Tell me WTF his job is, if not to make the broadcast "exciting." Even if the broadcast actually kinda isn't. RC's job is to give us the meat and potatoes. Ralph is literally there as the "hype" guy.

No, he can't fool us savvy Vitards. We know the difference between "Red Hondas" and "Blue Yamahas." That leading on the last lap with an 8 second gap is as good as a win. But we really are a small, insular group, aren't we. And the sport needs to not be so small and insular if it wishes to survive.
Dust601
1/21/2019 7:09pm
eGGz wrote:
Dust601 wrote:
I don’t get very stressed over announcers, but I do find myself laughing all the time when he gets excited over nothing. Someone will have like...

. .?? Tell me WTF his job is, if not to make the broadcast "exciting." Even if the broadcast actually kinda isn't. RC's job is to...
. .?? Tell me WTF his job is, if not to make the broadcast "exciting." Even if the broadcast actually kinda isn't. RC's job is to give us the meat and potatoes. Ralph is literally there as the "hype" guy.

No, he can't fool us savvy Vitards. We know the difference between "Red Hondas" and "Blue Yamahas." That leading on the last lap with an 8 second gap is as good as a win. But we really are a small, insular group, aren't we. And the sport needs to not be so small and insular if it wishes to survive.
That’s why I said I don’t get stressed about it. Even if I’m not much of a fan of his. I understand who he is, and what he’s there for. I do question if maybe sometimes he sorta goes overboard though, and would be very curious to hear the opinion of a more casual fan’s thoughts on those moments when he’s in “FULL HYPE MODE”. Whether they may think it’s kinda corney how overdone it is at times.
1/21/2019 7:30pm
beamer wrote:

1) don’t watch it

3) watch the race, wait for the mistakes, note them down- Complain about it in vital thread.
I don’t mind option 3 lol
1/21/2019 8:22pm
Dust601 wrote:

. .?? Tell me WTF his job is, if not to make the broadcast "exciting." Even if the broadcast actually kinda isn't. RC's job is to...

Dust601 wrote:
That’s why I said I don’t get stressed about it. Even if I’m not much of a fan of his. I understand who he is, and...
That’s why I said I don’t get stressed about it. Even if I’m not much of a fan of his. I understand who he is, and what he’s there for. I do question if maybe sometimes he sorta goes overboard though, and would be very curious to hear the opinion of a more casual fan’s thoughts on those moments when he’s in “FULL HYPE MODE”. Whether they may think it’s kinda corney how overdone it is at times.
Lol. Just asked "casual fan" gf, she indeed thinks Ralph's corny AF. That said, she usually starts paying attention when he really gets going. This week she wondered why he didn't immediately give the, "BUT WHERE'S ELI TOMAC?!???" spiel after the first gatedrop, bc he apparently always does. Pretty good catch Laughing
1/21/2019 8:27pm
Lol. Just asked "casual fan" gf, she indeed thinks Ralph's corny AF. That said, she usually starts paying attention when he really gets going. This week...
Lol. Just asked "casual fan" gf, she indeed thinks Ralph's corny AF. That said, she usually starts paying attention when he really gets going. This week she wondered why he didn't immediately give the, "BUT WHERE'S ELI TOMAC?!???" spiel after the first gatedrop, bc he apparently always does. Pretty good catch Laughing
By girlfriend, I assume you mean that as a metaphor.
1/21/2019 9:48pm
Lol. Just asked "casual fan" gf, she indeed thinks Ralph's corny AF. That said, she usually starts paying attention when he really gets going. This week...
By girlfriend, I assume you mean that as a metaphor.
Nah, she's a great girl. I love her! KissingKissing

Post a reply to: Ralph Sheheen makes mistakes on the AIR

The Latest