Ralph Sheheen makes mistakes on the AIR

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2019 9:59 AM

We are all human. We make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. But did anyone else catch the two mistakes that Ralph Sheheen made on air last night? The first was forgetting where he was at the start of the show (he paused a bit before he said Glendale), and the second was claiming Enzo Lopes had taken the LCQ win as the flagger waved the white flag (RC called him out shortly after). Im not hating what so ever! I like Ralph a lot. I just thought it was funny.

|

1/13/2019 10:03 AM

Pretty sure he called Ricky Jeff once also.

|

1/13/2019 10:05 AM

He missed completely Reed's pass for 2nd in the 450 Heat race. Probably not his fault however, he and RC were just looking at their monitors.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

I giggle every time he says someone is coming inside of someone else.

|

He said something on the last lap about "the orange #4" and made reference to RC, something about that same number and color... please tell me I didn't actually hear him say RC also used to be a orange #4.... unless it was some strange reference to RC's hair color??

|

Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2019 10:06 AM

Who cares? Why are people so obsessed with announcers is beyond me. Some of you just need to complain I guess.

|

1/13/2019 10:07 AM

Ralph and RC seem to be struggling- the chemistry is lacking. I'm definitely missing Emig. Blair is doing the best job right now, actually providing some good insight.

|

1/13/2019 10:08 AM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

He said something on the last lap about "the orange #4" and made reference to RC, something about that same number and ...more

RC used to wear orange gear quite a bit, pretty sure that's what Ralph was referring to.

|

1/13/2019 10:08 AM

Sierra Ranger wrote:

Ralph and RC seem to be struggling- the chemistry is lacking. I'm definitely missing Emig. Blair is doing the best job right ...more

I personally liked it better with Jeff. I even think Daniel should be in the booth

|

1/13/2019 10:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2019 10:11 AM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

He said something on the last lap about "the orange #4" and made reference to RC, something about that same number and ...more

RC wore mostly orange gear for many years.

Those of you baggin on Ralph better be flawless at doing your jobs.

The funniest fault I've heard any announcer say though is Paul Malin, "Cairoli is not fucking about" and calling Julien Lieber for Josh Grant (green 33)

|

1/13/2019 10:11 AM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

Pretty sure he called Ricky Jeff once also.

He did call Ricky "Jeff" at least once that I heard , I even mentioned to my wife at the time,lol. And the reference to the Ricky/orange was I'm sure due to the fact of Ricky's habit of wearing orange gear the majority of the time.
However, calling any sports event "live" is a helluva lot harder than most think, so I refrain from busting his balls.

|

1/13/2019 10:11 AM

Oh the humanity! blink

|

1/13/2019 10:16 AM

Here comes the Ralph apologists to pretend like he isnt annoying AF

|

1/13/2019 10:17 AM

I was half in the bag and picked up on this too hahah. Ricky made a comment in one of the races and my girlfriend and I got a good laugh out of it. Can't be an easy job and if anything it just adds some commentary to the evening. Who cares LOL. I think Ricky is doing a pretty good job.

|

1/13/2019 10:18 AM

when roczen was sponsored by jimmy johns he said"there goes roczen sponsored by jimmy johnsten's"..no big deal but funny..

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

1/13/2019 10:20 AM

colintrax wrote:

I was just going to post but now I think I'll go to my safe space and crouch in the fetal position

|

1/13/2019 10:23 AM

Emig and Blair in the booth is what we need. Ralph can go kick rocks. Ricky needs to stick to doing the trackside info and funnel cakes.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

1/13/2019 11:23 AM

Hey, we had a black president before? Whaaaa, no one told me, let’s make a blog about it every other week

|

1/13/2019 11:23 AM

|

1/13/2019 11:34 AM

Is AIR in caps, because he was jumping? Or??

|

1/13/2019 12:02 PM

Photo
|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

1/13/2019 12:11 PM

liver wrote:

Hey, we had a black president before? Whaaaa, no one told me, let’s make a blog about it every other week

wassat Wrong thread......wrong website!
|

1/13/2019 12:13 PM

I noticed a few Mistakes, it doesn't bother me

|

1/13/2019 12:25 PM

colintrax wrote:

He’s not that annoying.

|

1/13/2019 12:25 PM

footglove wrote:

I giggle every time he says someone is coming inside of someone else.

Pretty sure he said " he is deep inside him"laughing

|

1/13/2019 12:28 PM

Jesus Christ. Who gives a shit? I was so busy watching the racing, he could have ripped a huge fart and I wouldn't have noticed. Here's a news flash for everyone constantly bitching about the broadcast. Art Eckman was fine, David Bailey was fine, Davey Coombs was fine, Ralph is fine, Emig was fine and Ricky is fine. Anyone else I missed was fine as well. I could give a fuck if it was just the sound of dirt bikes with nobody saying a word.

|

1/13/2019 12:32 PM

Since everyone is so concerned with the announcing, he was referencing the number 4 and orange was Ricky's favorite kit color. Just like last week when fools were losing their minds that Ralph called Ferandis "Daniel", when in actuality, he was throwing the mic to Daniel Blair. At least be accurate with your criticism.

|

1/13/2019 12:35 PM

For me it's a combination of things:

1 - the producer who is calling the camera shots is sometimes doing some really strange and stupid stuff like showing a random or back in the pack or 8th or 10th place rider for very extended amounts of time. Heats and Main event. The viewer is missing a ton of what is happening on the track.

2- Ricky who I'm sure is still learning, completely zones out sometimes and forgets that he is an announcer, he just gets absorbed into watching the race and goes completely silent.

3- Ralph who knows it's his job to anchor the whole thing and keep it flowing, feels Ricky zoning out and goes over the top in trying to wake up Ricky and the viewer with loud exciting commentary.

It makes for a sometimes awkward telecast, but it's not as easy as people think and hopefully they get their flow a bit better as the season goes on.

|

1/13/2019 12:36 PM

Sierra Ranger wrote:

Ralph and RC seem to be struggling- the chemistry is lacking. I'm definitely missing Emig. Blair is doing the best job right ...more

idahokid235 wrote:

I personally liked it better with Jeff. I even think Daniel should be in the booth

The kissing booth at the county fair? NOT in the announcers both.

|

1/13/2019 12:45 PM

A different production crew this year...gonna be a learning curve. Ralph knows SX...the new crew need some teaching. They'll get there.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius