Ralph - Can't take it anymore

4/29/2018 2:28pm
"His girlfriend Matiel"....always with knowing the girlfriends name, we get it, you hang with em brah.

Also, why is he incessantly telling us about all the other "PRO SPORT" guys are "Probably at home watching monster energy supercross, they love it", its f-ing condescending to SX, like it's some weird retard sport that no one is into, but it's like he thinks if all these other sports stars like it, it will be accepted.......I find that so annoying and very name droppy.

I get you need a "pro" broadcaster in the booth, and the "rider talent", but Emig and someone else could handle it fine OR invest in one of the current former pro's (Emig, Ricky, MC, etc...) and get them broadcasting training to takeover.

Ralph is very hard to listen to, sure he might be a great guy, but, I too have muted the broadcast.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/29/2018 2:33pm
They always speak as if its everybody's 1st time watching the sport
On a total kinder garden level
Like maybe say a couple things like that in the very beginning
Like if it's your 1st time watching this is how the points work etc
But not all through out the show
And I've never
Spoke of it before but it Is very obvious that he was never a rider Daniel and or Holly would be way better
And weege is good too imo
4/29/2018 2:42pm
Luckily fox was bad enough to scew up the audio. I heard only bikes during the whole show. It did sound better than Ralphy
flatout111
4/29/2018 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2018 2:49pm
Ralph is fine and doing exactly what he is being told to do. He is for the mainstream.

Don't bash, guys. It's harder than you think. But again, he's for the casual fan and he's doing what he is being paid to do.

The solution is to bring back Weege and Holley...or say Blair and Holley more than likely... for the audio webcast subscription service. Then the hardcore guys like us can listen to that while watching.

Simple solution. But would the complainers subscribe? They better. Put their money where their mouth is. Hoping the audio webcast comes back. Almost all sports have radio or webcasts for the diehards to go along with tv broadcasts.

The Shop

Doddy
4/29/2018 2:55pm
“It’s a bold strategy Cotton. Let’s see if it pays off for him.”
level
4/29/2018 3:26pm
I don’t like Ralph either. It’s a mixture of his voice and his accent and the shit he says. I hate to bash on Simone because it’s there job and they love the sport but it does annoy me bad. They both also miss things all the time and Ralph talks to long and emig can’t get a word in. The things Ralph says when he goes long winded is usually a hype of some sort also. Like trying to build a controversy or something.
gerg
4/29/2018 3:37pm
Why do people hate on a commentator who is clearly into the sport and loves what he is doing?

Was it the 34 take away 30 equals 14 thing?

Jerks.
ob
4/29/2018 3:37pm
Ralph is not fine, and Emig is barely tolerable. That doesn’t mean the job is not hard. I couldn’t do it but I can’t do lots of crap. But I still want to see quality comentating. David Bailey comes to mind, and the dude from that old moto news show. Sorry brain fart
level
4/29/2018 3:43pm
dsmith wrote:
jeff needs to stop the predictions.."he gonna triple then triple then quad....aw he didn't do it"
Yes totally. Hahah so funny you said that. He does that all the time. It’s very annoying.
4/29/2018 3:48pm
flatout111 wrote:
Ralph is fine and doing exactly what he is being told to do. He is for the mainstream. Don't bash, guys. It's harder than you think...
Ralph is fine and doing exactly what he is being told to do. He is for the mainstream.

Don't bash, guys. It's harder than you think. But again, he's for the casual fan and he's doing what he is being paid to do.

The solution is to bring back Weege and Holley...or say Blair and Holley more than likely... for the audio webcast subscription service. Then the hardcore guys like us can listen to that while watching.

Simple solution. But would the complainers subscribe? They better. Put their money where their mouth is. Hoping the audio webcast comes back. Almost all sports have radio or webcasts for the diehards to go along with tv broadcasts.
They’d complain on the cost of the subscription next
agn5009
4/29/2018 5:04pm
bowser977 wrote:
Two laps in and the "points as they run now" becomes the talk of the show. "If they finish how they run now."
Well it's kind of important.
aeffertz
4/29/2018 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2018 6:00pm
flatout111 wrote:
Ralph is fine and doing exactly what he is being told to do. He is for the mainstream. Don't bash, guys. It's harder than you think...

Oh god no. Holley is a legend and all but his play by plays or announcing skills on the practice streams is painful.

Everything is "oh, he's my buddy and he went down but he'll shake it off and be alright" camera cuts to the rider getting carted out on a stretcher or in the back of a side-by-side.

Jim's a legend, hilarious and a great story teller... A n excellent live broadcast announcer he doesn't seem to be. He is just too casual and laid back to add excitement to the show.
Ted722
4/29/2018 5:46pm
I get it...FOX. Not FS1 or FS2, but FOX. Dumbing it down? Fine. But you can't make up drama combined with mistakes (plural) throughout. Takes dumbing it down to a new level. It was a poor showing. I like Ralph's style when he's on and "Ralph is going to Ralph', but that was not one for the demo reel.
Spudinki25
4/29/2018 6:16pm
The reason grant and weege are better is because they are commentating on the nationals which only real fans watch on the other hand ralph is catering to general audience on a mainstream network who dont know anything about the sport
milliebays
4/29/2018 6:22pm
Spudinki25 wrote:
The reason grant and weege are better is because they are commentating on the nationals which only real fans watch on the other hand ralph is...
The reason grant and weege are better is because they are commentating on the nationals which only real fans watch on the other hand ralph is catering to general audience on a mainstream network who dont know anything about the sport
that and a few IQ points lets be honest.
Dang It
4/29/2018 6:24pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
It's because he has such a high pitched voice compared to someone like Art Eckman.

He needs some of this shit...
Yer, sounds like his balls are in a vice.
Spudinki25
4/29/2018 6:30pm
Motohead279
4/29/2018 9:47pm
I don’t mind Ralph and Emily, they do a good job. It’s not easy to do what they do. Although Ralph did say some dumb things this week like does Tomac have enough time to catch MM on the last lap being 10 seconds down. I literally called him a dumbass out loud on that one.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
4/29/2018 11:22pm
Dang It wrote:
Ralph needs to go. He has no real insight into whats going on in the sport from week to week. He has too much else going...
Ralph needs to go. He has no real insight into whats going on in the sport from week to week. He has too much else going on to focus on Supercross. He is good at talking without really saying anything at all.

It's not his job to provide insight. That's what Jeff is there for. Ralph's job is to call the play by play and set Jeff up for providing insight. Most of the complaints I am seeing about Ralph are for things that the producers want him to say. It's not going to change if he is replaced.
flatout111
4/30/2018 1:31am
The white flag and 10 seconds down thing we're oinda weak, even I admit. But again, everyone here analyzes everything under a microscope.

I like Ralph and think he loves Supercross and is professional. It is the broadcast higher-ups that want it for main stream. Just like the Twitter crap.

Yes, I loved Art and David. But it was post recorded and still had mistakes. But yeah, Art, David, Davey and Marty Reid.....totally the dream team. But the whole broadcast was more sport than entertainment back then. Prob because of ESPN.

I'm telling you. Bring in the audio webcast. Make it subscription only like it was last couple of years. We all love Weege hut we also know it's not happening.

For the simulcast, if i had a choice, I'd go Blair and the 800 on color. Smile

Post a reply to: Ralph - Can't take it anymore

The Latest