Ralph - Can't take it anymore

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2018 10:01 PM

Today was the first time I muted. He needs to go. First time to post on Vital. I raced from 74 to 2016.

|

4/28/2018 10:18 PM

Same

|

4/28/2018 10:19 PM

If I hear “the rider out of ....” one more time.... its like he thinks he’s on talk radio and there can be no “dead air” He just fills every single moment with him screaming about the points. Sounded like Jeff was sick of him too when he told the story about breaking his wrists.

|

4/28/2018 10:22 PM

I was going to say just mute the TV but looks like you already did that. He's been there since the early-mid 2000's? so I don't think they'll be getting rid of him anytime soon.

I don't really mind him but that could be because I usually tune in and out of what he says and just watch the races.

Plenty of drinking games thanks to him so I guess that's a bonus for some people lol.

On that note, you're not the only one that can't stand him.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/28/2018 10:32 PM

I don’t mind Ralph. He is the consummate professional. I’m pretty sure 90% of what he says is dictated by the producers in his ear.

But I do think Holly and Blair would do great on the main show. And I do believe they’re being groomed for it, or atleast Daniel is with his airtime growing and growing...

|

4/28/2018 10:38 PM

What would be nice.....is if they would both talk about 50% less , let us hear some bikes......but when the actually speak....make it interesting. It's the same shit every week , with stupid drama bullshit over the smallest thing. I'm with OP on this.....bring on the outdoors with Grant and Weege!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

4/28/2018 10:40 PM

Ralph is literally a baller

|

4/28/2018 10:46 PM

Today he was talking about riders trying to time their laps for the white flag. Like McElrath was paying attention to the clock. Stop it already. They don’t slow down except maybe Josh Hill in the LCQ.

I think in general the broadcast is dumbed down a lot when they are on national TV.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

4/28/2018 10:47 PM

I had to laugh when he said “is there enough time” with 2 laps to go and Marv was up by 10 seconds. Yeah Ralphie....Tomac will amazingly cut 5 secs off of his lap times

|

4/28/2018 10:54 PM

Not sure if I've got the wording right, but page out of Pulpmx's (Eli's going to Eli..and other "you are who you are" examples )

Time to add:
Ralph's going to Ralph! ...has dual meaning too. sick

|

4/28/2018 10:58 PM

KennyT wrote:

I had to laugh when he said “is there enough time” with 2 laps to go and Marv was up by 10 seconds. Yeah Ralphie....Tomac will amazingly cut 5 secs off of his lap times

Hahahaha, I laughed heaps at that too.

|

4/28/2018 11:01 PM

Ralph needs to go. He has no real insight into whats going on in the sport from week to week. He has too much else going on to focus on Supercross. He is good at talking without really saying anything at all.

Photo

|

4/28/2018 11:19 PM

It's because he has such a high pitched voice compared to someone like Art Eckman.

He needs some of this shit...

|

4/28/2018 11:57 PM

Why is there a thread about this every week?

|

4/29/2018 12:04 AM

Premixed112 wrote:

Because there is no improvement. Similarly, Producer Pete is still making the same mistakes as years ago.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/29/2018 12:08 AM

It’s not his job to cater to moto enthusiasts like us. It’s his job to cater to the general audience, and if he weren’t doing a good job of that, he’d have been fired long ago.

|

4/29/2018 12:19 AM

Oh god there is one of these threads every week. I swear people just bitch just to bitch.

|

4/29/2018 12:20 AM

People at work who are not Moto fans that tune into the broadcast to see what I’ve been talking about, they all mention how horrible the announcers are and that they make it difficult to watch for a new person.

|

4/29/2018 12:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2018 12:27 AM

To be honest, anyone who watches the race with me (90% of the time they don't really follow the sport) they never mention that the announcers are bad. I don't think they do a bad job, at all. Ralph is actually really good and to people like me or you who are fanatics and follow everything, some of the shit they say me seem dumb.

But to a general audience they do a good job. You guys gotta realize these thing are streamed and broadcasted to the masses.

|

4/29/2018 12:41 AM

aeffertz wrote:

To be honest, anyone who watches the race with me (90% of the time they don't really follow the sport) they never mention that the announcers are bad. I don't think they do a bad job, at all. Ralph is actually really good and to people like me or you who are fanatics and follow everything, some of the shit they say me seem dumb.

But to a general audience they do a good job. You guys gotta realize these thing are streamed and broadcasted to the masses.

This is absolutely correct, They are commenting for the anywatcher and not for the enthusiast and this is as it should be.

Having said that, Matthes and DV12 if you guys will announce, I will buy a yearly subscription for that.

|

4/29/2018 4:17 AM

Kindof off topic, but has anyone noticed jeff emigs new favorite word “skatey” the last 2 rounds?

|

4/29/2018 4:38 AM

Premixed112 wrote:

Because he sucks at his job. Every week.

|

4/29/2018 4:43 AM

At the very end of the broadcast he said the points lead went from 34 to 14. Marvin made up 30 points tonight!!!

Um pretty sure it was 20 Ralph.

|

4/29/2018 4:45 AM

kb228 wrote:

Kindof off topic, but has anyone noticed jeff emigs new favorite word “skatey” the last 2 rounds?

He is bringing skateboarding back.

|

4/29/2018 5:01 AM

Why does he start counting points gains and losses on the 2nd lap?

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

4/29/2018 5:51 AM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Why does he start counting points gains and losses on the 2nd lap?

Always hated this, "AS THEY RUN, with Tomac in 19th, THESE are the points" Yeah as if he's not going to be in 10th in 2 laps. Gives him something to talk about I guess since he seems to constantly need to be talking.

|

4/29/2018 6:18 AM

I agree Ralph is extremely annoying! I just can’t figure out what’s worse. Ralph, or douche bag vital members who literally have to give their fucking opinion on EVERY SINGLE THREAD THAT GETS STARTED! At least Ralph only bothers me on Saturday lol

|

4/29/2018 6:20 AM

Do you guys have any idea what Ralph's job is?

To keep the average Joe excited and informed, if you put two ex pros in there the average Joe would be bored a d turn the channel in no time.

|

4/29/2018 6:43 AM

Anyone notice at the end of the broadcast how he said Marvin made up 30 championship points on Anderson??

How TF do you make up 30 when the max is 26th and Anderson got 17th saving a few more points.

Also Kaitlin and Ralph both saying Eli has a mathematical chance at the title still..... no he doesnt! He is well over the points gap of being mathematically eliminated!!

|

4/29/2018 6:45 AM

It sounds like Ralph’s statements for each Saturday are written out during the week. He just plugs in which ever guy, then 6-8 Tomac statements, an Anderson , and a Moose-can...etc. The guy should do nascar, cause that is a sport where you can provide canned commentary, as the same stuff happens all race, until the end. Supercross / motocross should be announced by those who have done it as a career. Yesterday was great racing, and it was tainted with such a duff constantly saying canned crap. Once he starts one of his pieces of pre-written crap, it doesn’t matter what the current discussion topic is, He just goes and goes until he is done.

How do Jeff or Daniel do it.

|