Ralph

Edited Date/Time 12/10/2019 10:09pm
I'm not one of the people who thinks Ralph sucks. I generally think he does a pretty good job, especially considering he has to educate the non moto types on what is going on. That being said, one thing he does just drives me nuts for some reason. He is constantly using the word "that" instead of the word "the". For example, "Forkner is coming up to "that" checkered flag. Is there more than one checkered flag and he has to specify which one? Or he is riding "that" #2 KTM. You never hear a football announcer saying he picked up "that" first down or completed "that" pass.

Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but to me it is like chalk on "that" chalkboard.

And stay off my grass!!! LOL
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/9/2019 6:05pm
Congratulations, the first Ralph thread of the night ?
2/9/2019 6:07pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Congratulations, the first Ralph thread of the night ?
Death and taxes are the only things that are no longer guaranteed.... we get Ralph threads approx halfway through every broadcast

The Shop

devotid
Fantasy
315th
2/9/2019 6:20pm
I bet Ralph could lap half the people on Vital.....
agn5009
2/9/2019 6:30pm
Does this really have to be a weekly thing?
Knobbyjake
2/9/2019 6:39pm
It's got to be killing him that he can't call Enticknap the "seven deuce deuce" endlessly.
Beeby
2/9/2019 6:39pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2019 6:45pm
He needs to get a new script that’s for sure.
deluxeman
2/9/2019 8:44pm
devotid wrote:
I bet Ralph could lap half the people on Vital.....
You mean like a dog laps water?
deluxeman
2/9/2019 8:47pm
Knobbyjake wrote:
It's got to be killing him that he can't call Enticknap the "seven deuce deuce" endlessly.
Yeah, that drove me nuts. It was like your Mom trying to use hipster lingo to your friends.
ktmdan
2/9/2019 8:54pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:
I'm not one of the people who thinks Ralph sucks. I generally think he does a pretty good job, especially considering he has to educate the...
I'm not one of the people who thinks Ralph sucks. I generally think he does a pretty good job, especially considering he has to educate the non moto types on what is going on. That being said, one thing he does just drives me nuts for some reason. He is constantly using the word "that" instead of the word "the". For example, "Forkner is coming up to "that" checkered flag. Is there more than one checkered flag and he has to specify which one? Or he is riding "that" #2 KTM. You never hear a football announcer saying he picked up "that" first down or completed "that" pass.

Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky, but to me it is like chalk on "that" chalkboard.

Are you the type of person who also complains that millennial complain too much? Lol go to sleep.
HD1200
2/9/2019 9:25pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:
I'm not one of the people who thinks Ralph sucks. I generally think he does a pretty good job, especially considering he has to educate the...

ktmdan wrote:
Are you the type of person who also complains that millennial complain too much? Lol go to sleep.
It's not really complaining if it's true, right?
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
2/9/2019 9:31pm
Go listen to the pulp podcast with Ralph. He basically says he has to dumb it down. Yes it’s annoying for the hardcore fans but for someone knew Ralph is good at explaining it. That’s why they have RC4 in the booth so he can give a deeper explanation of stuff.
deluxeman
2/9/2019 9:44pm
Go listen to the pulp podcast with Ralph. He basically says he has to dumb it down. Yes it’s annoying for the hardcore fans but for...
Go listen to the pulp podcast with Ralph. He basically says he has to dumb it down. Yes it’s annoying for the hardcore fans but for someone knew Ralph is good at explaining it. That’s why they have RC4 in the booth so he can give a deeper explanation of stuff.
I am not going to complain about the broadcast again. It’s not going to change and I have to accept that fact and move on.

But you almost got me to bash Ralph 1 last time....almost
ktmdan
2/9/2019 10:08pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:

ktmdan wrote:
HD1200 wrote:
Umm.. yes.... that's what complaining is...
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
2/10/2019 5:05am
Go listen to the pulp podcast with Ralph. He basically says he has to dumb it down. Yes it’s annoying for the hardcore fans but for...
deluxeman wrote:
I am not going to complain about the broadcast again. It’s not going to change and I have to accept that fact and move on. But...
I am not going to complain about the broadcast again. It’s not going to change and I have to accept that fact and move on.

But you almost got me to bash Ralph 1 last time....almost
Thank you!! My goal is to make people not bash Ralph. That’s why I’m on this earth #LetRalphBeGreat
foreman52
Fantasy
3183rd
2/10/2019 5:27am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2019 5:28am
Did anyone pick up Ricky getting annoyed last night when Ralph kept shooting fown Savatgy? “Why can’t Cooper get past?” “Roczen really needs to get by this rookie” “Do you think this is a dissapointing night now for Savatgy letting these riders by?”
blusmbl
2/10/2019 5:55am
foreman52 wrote:
Did anyone pick up Ricky getting annoyed last night when Ralph kept shooting fown Savatgy? “Why can’t Cooper get past?” “Roczen really needs to get by...
Did anyone pick up Ricky getting annoyed last night when Ralph kept shooting fown Savatgy? “Why can’t Cooper get past?” “Roczen really needs to get by this rookie” “Do you think this is a dissapointing night now for Savatgy letting these riders by?”
Yeah. When 3 people are freight training behind the leader on a one limed track it should've been obvious to RC that Joey was the holdup and a pass was inevitable.
brocster
2/10/2019 6:29am
Can anyone go ask the riders how to pronounce their name correctly? Lets start with first and las name. Martin Davalos. Every person on the broadcast called him something different same goes for Musquin.
HD1200
2/11/2019 2:30pm
ktmdan wrote:
HD1200 wrote:
ktmdan wrote:
Umm.. yes.... that's what complaining is...
Well millennials do complain to much.
Knobbyjake
2/11/2019 2:53pm
brocster wrote:
Can anyone go ask the riders how to pronounce their name correctly? Lets start with first and las name. Martin Davalos. Every person on the broadcast...
Can anyone go ask the riders how to pronounce their name correctly? Lets start with first and las name. Martin Davalos. Every person on the broadcast called him something different same goes for Musquin.
Especially Ciancarulo, he butchers it.Blink
Phantom 661
2/11/2019 5:46pm
Here we go!
I would miss Ralph saying those three words. It triggers me to focus on that very brief moment between gate drop and the first turn.
ProKawi24
2/11/2019 6:03pm
I think anyone who still creates new threads on current and/or former announcers should be given a 1 week or month ban. I'm not one to bitch about stupid threads but for God's sake enough is enough.

Add the whole "Limegate" thing to the list too.
eGGz
2/11/2019 8:20pm
brocster wrote:
Can anyone go ask the riders how to pronounce their name correctly? Lets start with first and las name. Martin Davalos. Every person on the broadcast...
musquin
moosecan
muskin
muscan
moosekin

All interchangeable.
bad juju
2/11/2019 8:26pm
James is never coming back and Ralph is never leaving. You will get over these things, you guys remember your first broken heart , well you got over it huh! Your gonna be ok, really...
2/11/2019 8:38pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
I think anyone who still creates new threads on current and/or former announcers should be given a 1 week or month ban. I'm not one to...
I think anyone who still creates new threads on current and/or former announcers should be given a 1 week or month ban. I'm not one to bitch about stupid threads but for God's sake enough is enough.

Add the whole "Limegate" thing to the list too.
Agree. Please add "Is the stream down" to the list.
Thank You.

Post a reply to: Ralph

The Latest