Ralph......

Bultaco
A couple comments....
1. Hus-ka-varna is pronounced Hoosk-varna. There is not an 'a' between the two syllables.
2. I presume the marketing people have a loaded gun pointed at you requiring you to use the laundry list of sponsors with any mention of given rider.....however when calling the play by play action it distracting and sounds amateurish. We are already overwhelmed with "marketing opportunites" on these broadcasts. I already "just turn it off", which results in ZERO impressions. You/FS1/Feld can do better.

|
HuskyEd
2/18/2018 10:32am
The listed sponsors on the bikes is what keeps money flowing into the sport. Some of these teams with lower funding rely on Ralph and Jeff for a mention when they get into the spotlight or these sponsors will pull out of the sport. There is a big enough problem with teams folding due to lack of sponsorship. Sorry it upset you so much.
Premixed112
2/18/2018 10:43am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2018 10:43am
There's a lot to criticize Ralph about, but seriously who pronounces Husqvarna like that in America? "Husk-varna" sounds proper enough. I'm not going to say "hoosk" without getting roasted by my friends
2/18/2018 11:23am
Listened to Ralphie slaughter Wiseco pistons at a regional flat track race years ago. They were a title sponsor of the event. Nobody had ever heard of a Whyseeko piston, though, not even the riders. He stayed with it all through the event. Guess nobody could stop laughing long enough to correct him.
Brent
2/18/2018 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/18/2018 12:37pm
...there needs to be a separate forum room for you guys to bash the announcers. They are not perfect, but they do a damn good job

I mean, criticizing someone because he pronounces a Swedish word differently than how you do? The team riders, Bobby Hewett, and even if you hear the former boss Jon- Erik Burleson say it, it all sounds like HUSQVARNA to me.

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
2/18/2018 12:22pm
Bultaco wrote:
A couple comments.... 1. Hus-ka-varna is pronounced Hoosk-varna. There is not an 'a' between the two syllables. 2. I presume the marketing people have a loaded...
A couple comments....
1. Hus-ka-varna is pronounced Hoosk-varna. There is not an 'a' between the two syllables.
2. I presume the marketing people have a loaded gun pointed at you requiring you to use the laundry list of sponsors with any mention of given rider.....however when calling the play by play action it distracting and sounds amateurish. We are already overwhelmed with "marketing opportunites" on these broadcasts. I already "just turn it off", which results in ZERO impressions. You/FS1/Feld can do better.

Does it really matter? Hoosk-varna is wrong as well...

He's doing his job.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
2/18/2018 12:24pm
HuskyEd wrote:
The listed sponsors on the bikes is what keeps money flowing into the sport. Some of these teams with lower funding rely on Ralph and Jeff...
The listed sponsors on the bikes is what keeps money flowing into the sport. Some of these teams with lower funding rely on Ralph and Jeff for a mention when they get into the spotlight or these sponsors will pull out of the sport. There is a big enough problem with teams folding due to lack of sponsorship. Sorry it upset you so much.
This all day. ^^^
Ti
2/18/2018 12:25pm
Brent wrote:
...there needs to be a separate forum room for you guys to bash the announcers. They are not perfect, but they do a damn good job...
...there needs to be a separate forum room for you guys to bash the announcers. They are not perfect, but they do a damn good job

I mean, criticizing someone because he pronounces a Swedish word differently than how you do? The team riders, Bobby Hewett, and even if you hear the former boss Jon- Erik Burleson say it, it all sounds like HUSQVARNA to me.

X a trillion... GREAT post!!
2/18/2018 12:31pm
No need to improve on a job you have held for years. Complacency is the norm these days.
HenryA
2/18/2018 12:31pm
Brent wrote:
...there needs to be a separate forum room for you guys to bash the announcers. They are not perfect, but they do a damn good job...

I really expected Ralph to be fluent in Swedish. I'm disappointed and want my god damn money back! Angry
2/18/2018 1:03pm
HenryA wrote:
I really expected Ralph to be fluent in Swedish. I'm disappointed and want my god damn money back! Angry
Laughing
flatout111
2/18/2018 1:03pm
Bultaco wrote:
A couple comments.... 1. Hus-ka-varna is pronounced Hoosk-varna. There is not an 'a' between the two syllables. 2. I presume the marketing people have a loaded...
A couple comments....

Everyone in America puts the A in between the husk and varna. It gripes me no one pronounces it right. But you are correct. It is Hooskvarna. That's how it is pronounced in their bike commercials. But even Emig puts the A in and he is brand ambassador.
2/18/2018 1:53pm
Made me really think when Fro said about his starts in the sport or was it a race he was in, yeah it was a race he was in years ago and was a good moment to talk about it, Ralph was like "..........................................................and there goes Zack".
ATKpilot99
2/18/2018 2:01pm
#76 wrote:
Made me really think when Fro said about his starts in the sport or was it a race he was in, yeah it was a race...
Made me really think when Fro said about his starts in the sport or was it a race he was in, yeah it was a race he was in years ago and was a good moment to talk about it, Ralph was like "..........................................................and there goes Zack".
It was when the Tampa round was mentioned and Emig said he was in the race the last time it was there in 98 . Fro said not so good memories and left it at that . He struggled in SX that season.
pummel
Fantasy
370th
2/18/2018 2:11pm
Ya bring back Lee Diffy and Bruce Penhall... Bring back 30 seconds of a race 2 months later with Larry Maier on Motoworld. Ralph and Jeff aren’t perfect but I’d ask anyone bitching about them to go back and watch a race with Dave Dispain or Art Ekman. There’s a lot that’s not what it could or should be on the tv show but I thing it’s the best that it’s ever been.
2/18/2018 2:23pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
It was when the Tampa round was mentioned and Emig said he was in the race the last time it was there in 98 . Fro...
It was when the Tampa round was mentioned and Emig said he was in the race the last time it was there in 98 . Fro said not so good memories and left it at that . He struggled in SX that season.
That's it.

I for one just think Ralph and Jeff work. To be fair it's all I have ever known while watching it, no one is perfect, and with Fro's bad stutter I think it's amazing how he does it. Ralph gets mixed up and does say some very awkward terms and phrases, but shit at least it's real and not robotic bollocks like some riders interviews!. Take Dumpey when he is on, man how awkward is he,.....umm. Yeah for sure every other sentence. Boo!.

Post a reply to: Ralph......

The Latest