Ralph

Related:
Create New Tag

1/4/2015 1:37 PM

For the love of bejesus with a wreath. Shut the hell up Ralph. The two guys in the booth with you know something about the sport. Constantly interrupting Fro and RC was more than annoying.

|

1/4/2015 1:44 PM

"Spidercam" comments get to you? need to make the spidercam drinking game for round 2...

|

1/4/2015 1:51 PM

Light the candles!

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

1/4/2015 2:20 PM

Ralph's ok and RC wasn't nearly as embarrassing as in the past.

|

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.

1/4/2015 2:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2015 2:25 PM

I could barely hear Ralph most of the time

I don't know if it's my video/sound setup or the broadcast, but I was barely able to hear the announcers because the exhaust noise was so loud.

Did any of you have that problem?

|

1/4/2015 2:42 PM

I thought this was by far RC's best show. Fro, as always, killed it

|

bd

1/4/2015 3:46 PM

I wouldn't know. I had the first two hours recorded, and watched it when I got home from work. Watched the rest after I woke up asleep on the couch after being out in -30 temps during the day. Oh, don't kid yourself, I saw his lips flapping in high speed, but didn't hear a fuckin word he said. I love my DVR, best way to watch SX, or anything, on TV.

|

1/4/2015 3:51 PM

I am not a fan of Ralph but I didn't notice him being quite as bad last night as usual. Fro was great as always. I do not like Ricky in the booth. If they brought in Weege and GL to just go ahead and do the entire year, I'd be stoked.

|

1/4/2015 4:07 PM

I'm with you on this one

|

1/4/2015 4:13 PM

Weege would be good to have year round. I can't stand when I know who the rider is before the tv hype guy (ie: eckman, Steele, ect..) it's all good though. It's just cool when I don't know who a rider is and Weege knows the whole kids life story. Ralph is a moto enthusiast I know, but he just seems too bourgeois sometimes. Whatever though. All I ask is that the guys know the riders name. If thats asking too much then maybe it's time to GTFO! Just kiddin.

|

1/4/2015 4:18 PM

sclark309d wrote:

I could barely hear Ralph most of the time

I don't know if it's my video/sound setup or the broadcast, but I was barely able ...more

Yeah i have sound issue with the exhaust sound masking the announcers. I have to turn off the surround sound down to stereo to hear. Some times I have to go to mono. My guess the production crew is over aggressive in the mixing and trying to make it sound like you are there.

|

Avoiding JS7 threads since 3/7/17.

1/4/2015 4:22 PM

My favorite commentator last year during the SX season was by far Kevin Windham, his most outstanding preformance was by far the Toronto SX i don't know why exactly but i really dig his commentary. I wouldn't miss Ralph 1 bit if he got replaced by Windham, allthought gotta say that i also liked Weege & Langston during the outdoors!

|

1/4/2015 4:30 PM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

RD2 drinking game for sure.
|

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time"

"If life hands you a cheeseburger, you'd better fucking take it."

1/4/2015 5:13 PM

Not sure if I would like to see Ralph replaced or not. I do know Jeff and RC could not do the play by play. Throwing your .02 in on occasion, I'm sure is much easier.

|

1/4/2015 5:17 PM

I like Ralph. I think they all did a great job.

|

Riding since 1977.
Fan of the sport.
2019 CRF250R
2018 CRF450R
2003 CR125R

1/4/2015 5:31 PM

Ralph does a great job, IMO. But to be clear, he has a different job than Emig and RC. RC and Emig are there to offer their expert analysis being former pro racers, and Ralph is there as a link between them and the casual fan. He's the guy that asks questions the casual fan may want to know and to set RC and Emig up to explain what's happening. He's also there to pump up the viewers by getting loud and adding excitement when the gate drops or something else spectacular happens. Although for us core fans he can be a bit annoying, I think he's a good fit. He does a good job pitching stuff to RC and Emig and building drama to peak the interest of the non-core crowd. He also seems to genuinely love the sport, so he's cool in my book.

|

1/4/2015 5:33 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Ralph does a great job, IMO. But to be clear, he has a different job than Emig and RC. RC and Emig are there to offer their ...more

well said

|

bd

1/4/2015 5:40 PM

This has nothing to do with the words that were spewed out of their mouths but I'm glad somebody hid RC's multi-zippered contraption of a jacket and got him in a tailored sport coat. Looked like a professional broadcast team even if you want to argue that they didn't sound like one.

|

1/4/2015 5:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2015 5:57 PM

X2. I like Ralph for some odd reason. I know he's no champ and he's probably not gonna ever know as much as Jamie little or Erin bates but he's got that senior voice and knows atleast enough to make the random person watching know what they are watching when it's on tv. You gotta remember that 97% of ppl flipping through channels don't know .09 % of this sport so
When they hear Ralph spoon feeding info live it gets to those fans and that's really a big part of keeping this sport going somewhere. That to me is a great enough to like him and respect him, he is also a person who isn't influenced by the mass and takes this sport at his own opinion which we should all respect him for.

|

1/4/2015 6:04 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Ralph does a great job, IMO. But to be clear, he has a different job than Emig and RC. RC and Emig are there to offer their ...more

Exactly, Ralph does a great job in the way u explained it and that is catering to a bigger audience then the core racers. I honestly class him above Rc, emig on the other hand is also very much bridging that selective audience and serving information and knowledge better then the rest in the past. I wish they could just bring more people in like him because our sport grows a lot when more can understand it all and get into it like emig and Ralph help expand it. It's a good thing guys.

|

1/4/2015 6:12 PM

scooter5002 wrote:

I wouldn't know. I had the first two hours recorded, and watched it when I got home from work. Watched the rest after I woke ...more

DVR is the best way to watch. When Ralph starts talking, fast forward Is your best friend. When the checkers come out, it's fast forward until the next gate drop.

|

1/4/2015 6:13 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Exactly...anyone who bashes Ralph and doesn't understand this dynamic is a f-ing half wit...

|

1/4/2015 6:15 PM

I would love to see Camron Steel back in the booth, when he and Tod Harris I think it was were commentating in 05 or so I though they really brought a lot of excitement and called the action well. I will admit Ralph has gotten better though.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

1/4/2015 6:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2015 6:18 PM

Ralph is good. He adds excitement and professionalism to the sport.

I like him because he is not biased towards any riders out there unlike Carmichael. Emig is great also.

I would miss Ralph if he ever left SX, wouldn't be the same.

Just because he is not a former champ doesn't mean he isn't a good commentator. Most good commentators in other sports weren't any sort of legend in the sport they announce for.

|

1/4/2015 6:26 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

Exactly...anyone who bashes Ralph and doesn't understand this dynamic is a f-ing half wit...

I understand his job completely. I think as a person Ralph is great ( just from the outside looking in). But when he speaks and the others try to elaborate and provide the insight, only for him to cut them off and speak his opinion. I get annoyed. By the way, when you watch Nascar, Formula 1 or any other sport for that matter. The production is much more professional. Supercross tv production takes breaking it down for the non hardcore tv base to a whole new level. Ralph's job is to Segway and transition into the breakdowns of the race and events of they evening. Not portraying his personal observations by cutting them off. Less talking from Ralph and allow the others to dive into the scenarios.

|

1/4/2015 8:57 PM

I got a lot more respect for Ralph after listening to the podcast Matthes did with him.

|

1/4/2015 9:27 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

bd wrote:

well said

true that.....

That kinda s@#t cant be tolerated around here...

|

1/5/2015 2:18 AM

Ralph has a good voice the problem is he doesnt do his hw. He literally goes mute the first half lap because he doesnt know who the riders are and can't tell who got the holey. Finally Emig is like uhhh looks like so n so got that holeshot.

|

1/5/2015 3:28 AM

Photo

|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

1/5/2015 3:44 AM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Jeff alessi wrote:

Exactly, Ralph does a great job in the way u explained it and that is catering to a bigger audience then the core racers. I ...more

Well said guy's. I think Ralph does a good job too.

|