Radio comms approved for use in SX

ktmwoods
10/14/2019 9:36pm
CivBars wrote:
"Cardo Systems, maker of secure, reliable communication for race teams, will offer radio systems to try free of charge for all racers at this weekend's Monster...
"Cardo Systems, maker of secure, reliable communication for race teams, will offer radio systems to try free of charge for all racers at this weekend's Monster Energy Cup" -Racer X

https://racerxonline.com/2019/10/14/cardo-systems-radio-to-rider-communication-coming-to-monster-energy-cup

https://www.cardosystems.com/

A couple things - used to work in NASCAR, we used Racing Electronics systems, every driver has a dedicated frequency. There is no sport on the planet as loud as a 43 cup car field, especially at a track like Bristol. With the custom molded earpieces the drivers can hear perfectly. And talk. The crew cheif and spotter are both very adept at when to talk and when not to, same would be the case for the supercross mechanics / and spotter if they wanted to use one. So many plusses to having this system for SX for strategy, safety, fan engagement andTV broadcast enhancements etc. I’m all for it, about time.
Thor34103
11/20/2019 11:11am
Link or it didn't happen.
motogrady
11/21/2019 5:21pm
Long overdue.

Sucks that's it's closed to team and rider.
Just think of the ad time a rider would have if it was live on the broadcast.
"Rodger, those Dunlop's are hooking up great!"
"I'm telling ya, theses 100% goggles, without the ultra special coating I wouldn't be able to clear that big triple!"
"Man, put 2 lime and lemon with a shot of cinnamon Monsters on ice. I'm gonna need the energy for the main."
"Did you guys see me almost lose it in that big sweeper! Holy crap, if it wasn't for these latest Alpinestars I know I woulda slid out!"
"Jeepers, 1 lap to go and I'm not even tired! That online fitness program and protein power Reynard has is really working!".

Just think of the revenue it could bring in, the excitement it could generate.

Heck, wire everyone up so we could watch the heartrates, the perspiration a guy is throwing, maybe even a mood ring monitor to see whose pissed off, who's calm and collected.

I say bring it!
Zacka 161
Fantasy
1856th
11/21/2019 5:27pm
Casting wrote:
Not a fan. Opens the door to teams giving riders cues about when a rider is setting them up for a pass, what lines to block...
Not a fan.

Opens the door to teams giving riders cues about when a rider is setting them up for a pass, what lines to block, etc.

Motoxtombo wrote:
I agreed 100%, I think it will take a lot away from the racing.
I really dont think it could be adequately used for this purpose, but even so it would add a nice touch for the viewers

The Shop

motogrady
11/21/2019 6:59pm
Casting wrote:
Not a fan. Opens the door to teams giving riders cues about when a rider is setting them up for a pass, what lines to block...
Not a fan.

Opens the door to teams giving riders cues about when a rider is setting them up for a pass, what lines to block, etc.

Motoxtombo wrote:
I agreed 100%, I think it will take a lot away from the racing.
Zacka 161 wrote:
I really dont think it could be adequately used for this purpose, but even so it would add a nice touch for the viewers

I dunno Zack. Spotters could tell their rider how others are making time in certain places, where he might try something, what's working and what does not seem to be.

Hey, it's not like today's top riders are long distance runners or swimmers.
It's a team sport at that level.
Why not go full team boogie?

Post a reply to: Radio comms approved for use in SX

The Latest