Racing former MX Champs at supermoto event

Edited Date/Time 10/29/2012 6:02pm
First off big thanks to Vital MX for posting my video My Sunday at SuperBiker- If you have not ever heard about the event its really sick. Getting current and former world champ/ ama champ mx riders/ road racers and me (a flat tracker) together to race in Mettet Belgium on a all new Supermoto track in front of 30k spectators. I have known Micky Dymond since I first raced supermoto back in 05-07 with KTM in the AMA series when there was one, so it was great to hang out with him again, but I didnt really know many other MX guys until this event, knew of them not "hey man how you been" know them... I didnt even realize I had breakfast with Greg Albertyn until we got to the track and he was in his gear, he just introduced himself as Greg...

It was an awesome experience to get to race with them guys, especially since we have totally different back grounds. I hang it out with them, managed a 10th place in the STARBIKER race against all the invited riders, I placed 3rd as a "road racer" since there wasnt any other flat trackers thereSmile

I just wanted to thank Vital MX again, share with you guys my experience, and let you guys know this is one of the only forums I follow, the others just arent as good!

If you havent seen the video from the event check it out!

Thanks

JL10

Johnny Lewis #10

|
racer187x
10/29/2012 4:34pm
Its good to see you still rocking supermoto. I met you at a couple of the AMA supermoto rounds (I raced in the Unlimited class) as well as Mickey Diamond, Doug Henry, Jeff Ward, Cassidy Anderson etc. You guys are all my heroes! It's neat to see Chris Fillmore back on a supermoto bike. After AMA Supermoto went south he and the HMC crew kinda integrated into WERA and AMA superbike racing. Not everybody was so fortunate and many went back to work, like myself. Now I just ride MX on the weekends and have come back to my desert racing roots. Great to hear from you again, awesome video!
10/29/2012 5:28pm
racer187x wrote:
Its good to see you still rocking supermoto. I met you at a couple of the AMA supermoto rounds (I raced in the Unlimited class) as...
Its good to see you still rocking supermoto. I met you at a couple of the AMA supermoto rounds (I raced in the Unlimited class) as well as Mickey Diamond, Doug Henry, Jeff Ward, Cassidy Anderson etc. You guys are all my heroes! It's neat to see Chris Fillmore back on a supermoto bike. After AMA Supermoto went south he and the HMC crew kinda integrated into WERA and AMA superbike racing. Not everybody was so fortunate and many went back to work, like myself. Now I just ride MX on the weekends and have come back to my desert racing roots. Great to hear from you again, awesome video!
Hey man, ya i just been doing flat track again. Mixed it up with the main guys of the series a little with some podiums and a win in Daytona. I was riding a Kawasaki twin against the Harleys got it on the podium once, lead a bunch laps at Springfield Mile over the last 2 years.... Good to hear from you!
TomZ
Fantasy
4428th
10/29/2012 6:02pm
racer187x wrote:
Its good to see you still rocking supermoto. I met you at a couple of the AMA supermoto rounds (I raced in the Unlimited class) as...
Hey man, ya i just been doing flat track again. Mixed it up with the main guys of the series a little with some podiums and...
Hey man, ya i just been doing flat track again. Mixed it up with the main guys of the series a little with some podiums and a win in Daytona. I was riding a Kawasaki twin against the Harleys got it on the podium once, lead a bunch laps at Springfield Mile over the last 2 years.... Good to hear from you!
Johhny - Great to see that video. Lot's of fond memories. Although we don't talk much anymore I keep tabs on you thru Mees and Smith and that crew. Glad you are well.

Still see Chris occasionally with his Dad at a MTB race. Still get knocked around by Dan from time to time as well.

Sure do miss the good Supermoto days. Not so much the end of the series but the good times were damn good.

All the best to you.

Post a reply to: Racing former MX Champs at supermoto event

The Latest