Racing America's Fastest Off Road Race + Near OTB Crash POV

Related:
Create New Tag

8/15/2021 7:05 AM

Just finished up the fastest and longest off-road race in America, Best In The Desert's Vegas to Reno! After 489 miles and 8 hours 3 minutes, we ended up 3rd OA averaging ~61mph, with top speeds going over 105mph for miles at a time.

Check out some highlights from my 2nd stint, a 145 mile section from Mina, NV to Weeks, NV ~

My near crash just a few miles into my day leaving Millers, NV. The danger wasn't marked all that great and I hit the rain rut a little faster than I would have liked...

|

Instagram: @TrevorHunter224
Facebook: Trevor Hunter 224
YouTube: Trevor Hunter 224

8/15/2021 8:12 AM

gpracer4224 wrote:

Just finished up the fastest and longest off-road race in America, Best In The Desert's Vegas to Reno! After 489 miles and 8 ...more

Amazing footage, Trevor!!! That OTB near miss was so sketchy...sick

|

8/15/2021 8:20 AM

gpracer4224 wrote:

Just finished up the fastest and longest off-road race in America, Best In The Desert's Vegas to Reno! After 489 miles and 8 ...more

You guys have Balls...BIG balls.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

8/15/2021 9:11 AM

Oh shit!

|

8/15/2021 9:18 AM

Absolutely horrifying.

|

8/15/2021 9:20 AM

Nope!

|

8/15/2021 9:53 AM

Got MY heart rate up just watching that vid! Gnarly!

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

8/15/2021 11:01 AM

Desert racing looks real easy, until it doesn't.

Holy crap that could have been painful. Good job!!!

|

8/15/2021 11:36 AM

As a slow-old-dude that shared the race course with you and watched you guys go by pit at Pit 1…I’m stoked that you guys kept it up & got it done!

Those “Oh SHIT!” moments are scary as hell! pinch
Just ask Brabec. He had a nasty crash.

The rollers and sand south of Fallon are AMAZING. I raced from pits 1-3 and 8-11. I loved every damn second of it!

We won the Over 50 Expert class. We were 1 hour & 53 minutes slower than you guys! grin
But, we did manage to get in under 10 hours (only team in class to do it). We raced an XR650R.
Team 811 Harris/Seekers/Ornellas

Photo
Me getting on at Pit 1… I’d watched your bike go by before…quite a while BEFORE! wink

Photo
At the finish. Me in the red shirt/Red Bull hat, Bill Seekers over my left shoulder & Harold Harris/Rider of Record on the clutch-side. Old motocross goofs…all of us. Our Pit Crew was ON POINT! They CRUSHED IT!

Photo
Our official results/No Penalties

Photo
Spend a coupl’a thousand dollars, keep the bike going and don’t fall down and here’s what’cha get! grin

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

8/15/2021 8:21 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

As a slow-old-dude that shared the race course with you and watched you guys go by pit at Pit 1…I’m stoked that you guys kept ...more

That's awesome! I've ridden from Gabbs/Hawthorne to Pit 12 at Weeks the last three years and I've come to really like that section. The "sand track" is the best part of the race course and makes up for that rocky and sketchy 10 miles of roads leading up to it.

And don't worry, the Pro's get maybe $100 for making the podium at this race so we're right there with you in getting a simple little trophy at the end!

|

Instagram: @TrevorHunter224
Facebook: Trevor Hunter 224
YouTube: Trevor Hunter 224

8/16/2021 11:00 AM

BITD has taken your video "Off-Road Viral". Nice!

Btw, I hadn't raced Off-Road/Baja/Dez in daylight in...oh...7 years & I've NEVER gone that fast...in the dust. EVER.
Throttle on...UH-OH!...Throttle down a bit...dust clears a little...THROTTLE ON! w00t

It was a blast and a helluva test in "self-control". Never left the course (For those that don't do this stuff, it's TOO EASY to fly off the course and not know it), never had too crazy of a pass (usually blipped the throttle to let them know I was there/everyone I passed was smart about it/did what I could NOT to roost anyone), was able to read terrain pretty easily and loved the course AND hazard marking, was amazed at the racers I saw being courteous to one another & was pretty damn impressed with the smart chase crews/traffic.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!