Raceway Park Announces Restructuring of Business

lukaitis9
1/17/2018 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2018 7:58pm
The news is true. Raceway Park has announced a restructuring of their business that will end DRAG RACING at the famed facility.

According to the release motocross racing and practice will continue as will the spring and fall auto swap meets, numerous car shows, kart racing, drifting, a full schedule of road course activities, mud runs, monster truck shows, musical concerts, & festival events.

The Old Bridge Township Airport, owned and operated by Raceway Park will also continue to operate as normal.

The release went on to say - "The new reorganization reflects the company’s plan moving forward beginning in 2018 while allowing Raceway Park to still continue to operate as it has in the past with the exception of drag racing."

Below is the official press release.

RACEWAY PARK ANNOUNCES RESTRUCTURING OF BUSINESS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
http://www.etownraceway.com/mydocuments/nappfamilyrestructure.pdf

We will share more details as they become available.
|
1/17/2018 5:29pm
They never gave a reason.. I know the regular turn out for the test and tune sessions are still good. Perhaps insurance, liability, or neighbor complaints are behind this? They tend to make more noise that carries further than the other motorsports happening at the site. It's a shame.
Naanak
1/17/2018 5:38pm
They never gave a reason.. I know the regular turn out for the test and tune sessions are still good. Perhaps insurance, liability, or neighbor complaints...
They never gave a reason.. I know the regular turn out for the test and tune sessions are still good. Perhaps insurance, liability, or neighbor complaints are behind this? They tend to make more noise that carries further than the other motorsports happening at the site. It's a shame.
Lease for a car auction to use as storage was to good to turn down.
lukaitis9
1/17/2018 6:50pm
It's not good seeing the drag strip go away but I am happy that the motocross remains.

Camp332
1/17/2018 7:48pm
Sad day. Spent a lot of my youth at the drag strip with my dad who drag raced there.

The Shop

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
1/17/2018 7:55pm
Sad for sure. If it wasn't for Raceway Park I would never have gotten into dirt bikes. My dad raced there before I was born and to this day..
1/17/2018 7:55pm
That absolutely sucks. One of the most historic facilities around. I guess we still have Maple Grove and Epping to go to for a nitro fix.

Very happy I can still turn laps there, though.

Post a reply to: Raceway Park Announces Restructuring of Business

The Latest