Racetrack SX

BS12
Edited Date/Time 1/30/2018 4:07pm
Apologies on a second topic but I couldn't find the original in a hurry.

Gotta say I'm hooked on this series. The first couple episodes I thought were a little corny but now that the actual racing is underway, I'm loving it. You get such an in depth look behind the scenes of the whole thing as well as such a variety of perspectives and emotions from different members of the team.

2 dudes I'd never heard of (OK Hoeft a little) I'm now rooting for to see them improve. Martin Castello (sp) is probably one of 40 other dudes in the exact same situation at this level (and countless others in the amateurs), but after just watching the A2 episode, damn I wanna see this guy improve and ride like he appears capable of. That scene of him breaking down inside the semi was powerful, moving material.

This whole concept is such a great insight into our sport while giving their sponsors a lot of screen time and potential reach into the market. If I was a business looking to support a team, I'd be all over these guys with their clever marketing technique.

Looking forward to the Glendale episode!

Aaaaand this reads like a paid promo.

*Not affiliated with this team whatsoever
**Not a paid advertisement
***This doesn't mean I won't accept a commission for this post

Sincerely from a genuine fan!

|
Motodave15
1/29/2018 5:22am
I agree, this type of coverage is what is needed in sx to draw in more fans.. I've always wanted to see what goes on behind the closed doors during or before the real races for the night or during the night races.
Acidreamer
1/29/2018 5:28am
Imagine if they played one of these episodes before the race every saturday. People love drama.
LungButter
1/29/2018 5:46am
How long before the other teams catch on?

Some of the videos have 40k or more views. Any sponsor of any team would certainly like another 40k (or more) weekly views of their products/logos.

The Shop

Motofinne
1/29/2018 6:04am Edited Date/Time 1/29/2018 6:16am
I like the race videos, i'm sure more teams will do these kind of videos in the future. The try out videos was too much for me, too cheesy.

I just have to say that it doesn't look like the riders are having the best time out there. Not the most supporting and confidence giving environment.
kkawboy14
1/29/2018 6:30am
How long before Ryno is starring in Murder Mystery’s with Alisha Silverstone?
billyp330
1/29/2018 1:01pm
BS12 wrote:
Apologies on a second topic but I couldn't find the original in a hurry. Gotta say I'm hooked on this series. The first couple episodes I...
Apologies on a second topic but I couldn't find the original in a hurry.

Gotta say I'm hooked on this series. The first couple episodes I thought were a little corny but now that the actual racing is underway, I'm loving it. You get such an in depth look behind the scenes of the whole thing as well as such a variety of perspectives and emotions from different members of the team.

2 dudes I'd never heard of (OK Hoeft a little) I'm now rooting for to see them improve. Martin Castello (sp) is probably one of 40 other dudes in the exact same situation at this level (and countless others in the amateurs), but after just watching the A2 episode, damn I wanna see this guy improve and ride like he appears capable of. That scene of him breaking down inside the semi was powerful, moving material.

This whole concept is such a great insight into our sport while giving their sponsors a lot of screen time and potential reach into the market. If I was a business looking to support a team, I'd be all over these guys with their clever marketing technique.

Looking forward to the Glendale episode!

Aaaaand this reads like a paid promo.

*Not affiliated with this team whatsoever
**Not a paid advertisement
***This doesn't mean I won't accept a commission for this post

Sincerely from a genuine fan!

Completely agree. I think the show keeps improving every episode and its awesome for our sport. I really hope it catches on and can keep going.
1/29/2018 1:09pm
I disagree. I watched through everything. It’s turning into a reality tv show that is just plain pathetic. It’s giving the sport a negative image. They set a camera up at the pit entrance after the races and they walked one of the guys and managers over and he grabbed him by the collar and ridiculed him. It was all for camera and complete bullshit.

Before the races they were filming and asking one of the riders on camera, so you don’t want to race tonight, that’s what I’m understanding.. it’s pure Bs for camera and. Its not what it should be about. Keep that shit on desperate housewives!
calcoast
1/29/2018 1:41pm
I mentioned it in the other thread but I like how they’re privateers (or pro-privateers whatever they’re called) and getting into the main is not a guarantee.
early
Fantasy
2212th
1/29/2018 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2018 2:13pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Imagine if they played one of these episodes before the race every saturday. People love drama.
Agree, i have watched a few episodes, I now know who IB Corp is but i have no idea what they do, a more commercial sponsor could see alot more out of the concept.
BS12
1/29/2018 2:20pm
I disagree. I watched through everything. It’s turning into a reality tv show that is just plain pathetic. It’s giving the sport a negative image. They...
I disagree. I watched through everything. It’s turning into a reality tv show that is just plain pathetic. It’s giving the sport a negative image. They set a camera up at the pit entrance after the races and they walked one of the guys and managers over and he grabbed him by the collar and ridiculed him. It was all for camera and complete bullshit.

Before the races they were filming and asking one of the riders on camera, so you don’t want to race tonight, that’s what I’m understanding.. it’s pure Bs for camera and. Its not what it should be about. Keep that shit on desperate housewives!
Agree that their treatment of the riders is questionable at times, though I'd assume that this sort of thing isn't a one off amongst the pits when there's so much time and money invested. I hope it wasn't played up for the camera.
BS12
1/29/2018 2:25pm
Motofinne wrote:
I like the race videos, i'm sure more teams will do these kind of videos in the future. The try out videos was too much for...
I like the race videos, i'm sure more teams will do these kind of videos in the future. The try out videos was too much for me, too cheesy.

I just have to say that it doesn't look like the riders are having the best time out there. Not the most supporting and confidence giving environment.
At times I was thinking the same. Some of their feedback and criticism wasn't delivered well at all. When a dude is struggling with something, the worst thing you can do is drill him about it. I got the vibe that they realised this as well towards the end of the last episode, and have changed their attitude toward Martin to supporting him through whatever is holding him back.

Must say I'm not a real fan of is it the team manager? The bigger dude who's dishing it all out to Martin and even Justin when his knee was jacked up. I get that riders soemtimes need a reality check and a push, but he doesn't deliver his message very well. Or he's delivering the wrong message.
hyler199
1/29/2018 2:30pm
Motofinne wrote:
I like the race videos, i'm sure more teams will do these kind of videos in the future. The try out videos was too much for...

yeah I agree some of the try out content was cheesy.
The social media challenge had a chance but definately needed more than 24 hours. Maybe the whole first week or something.
Picking rooms blahblah dont care coulda been done with a who can hold their breath the longest challenge and that woulda been fine.
The cycle challenge I thought was okay because it is physical and the climbs not impossible so try it out. Its a workout at the very least.
I enjoyed the ontrack battles though and wished they had a few more of those because mans were pushin!

I compare this show to the ultimate fighter and that show has its own cheeseball times but I think we have to remember Ryno and everyone else are moto or business people first, not actors. When they try to be Actors it is quite funny haha
Dimblewambie
1/29/2018 2:48pm
I’d like to see more during the week behind the scenes stuff from this video series.
Rockinar
1/29/2018 3:00pm
Thew worst part is the d-bag team manager. He's a d-bag, his acting is terrible and he brings nothing to the table. I want to see Martin tell him "Go F your mother!"

1/29/2018 3:12pm
I like it but I hate the Managers and people working for the team. YEllling at Hoeft to go faster so he does and he crashes then gets yelled at more lol dude seems clueless
1/29/2018 3:12pm
Rockinar wrote:
Thew worst part is the d-bag team manager. He's a d-bag, his acting is terrible and he brings nothing to the table. I want to see...
Thew worst part is the d-bag team manager. He's a d-bag, his acting is terrible and he brings nothing to the table. I want to see Martin tell him "Go F your mother!"

I agree Martin #137 needs to step it up but he is trying his best and he’s getting yelled at non stop lol
brocster
1/29/2018 4:08pm
Not all of what you are seeing is “real”...
1/29/2018 4:14pm
brocster wrote:
Not all of what you are seeing is “real”...
There is no “real” in reality... but the bullshit acting and story line is not what needs to happen
1/29/2018 5:17pm
Anyone think it's a bit suspicious that the team runs the gear brand that is owned by the rider who won their competition? On top of that the owner of one of their sponsors (Eterra) also happens to share a last name with the rider who won the competition.. Hmmmmm......
ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/29/2018 5:26pm
Anyone think it's a bit suspicious that the team runs the gear brand that is owned by the rider who won their competition? On top of...
Anyone think it's a bit suspicious that the team runs the gear brand that is owned by the rider who won their competition? On top of that the owner of one of their sponsors (Eterra) also happens to share a last name with the rider who won the competition.. Hmmmmm......
The gear brand isn’t owned by Leib, the gear company is Radikal and was a sponsor of Castelos for a few years now.

Eterra came onboard after Leib won...
ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/29/2018 5:30pm
Rockinar wrote:
Thew worst part is the d-bag team manager. He's a d-bag, his acting is terrible and he brings nothing to the table. I want to see...

Ryno, Ellis or the owner?
1/29/2018 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2018 6:51pm
ML512 wrote:
The gear brand isn’t owned by Leib, the gear company is Radikal and was a sponsor of Castelos for a few years now. Eterra came onboard...
The gear brand isn’t owned by Leib, the gear company is Radikal and was a sponsor of Castelos for a few years now.

Eterra came onboard after Leib won...
My mistake, I could have swore I saw a Canvas logo on their gear in the earlier videos. Thanks for the info!
kpersonius264
Fantasy
3579th
1/30/2018 8:03am
Thanks op for this thread. I've never heard of this show until yesterday. Got home from work early yesterday and wasn't feeling to well so I watched from the start of s2 up until a2. Very cheesy show (including the name) but very entertaining.

I have never heard of ib Corp before but I feel like the owner is just some rich dude who thinks he can hire a bunch of average guys for his team and go out and win a championship with money. It's awesome that they are giving privateers a shot with a full ride, but I feel like they are going about it the wrong way. The riders are barely making mains and ryno is telling them they need to get a top 5. Maybe they are capable of doing it in the long run but these guys need to be built up instead of broken down. The atmosphere in their pit is so negative nobody was having a good time. They are investigating a ton of time and money into these riders and it seems like they will just toss them away for another rookie. I saw on the preview for the new episode they picked up the kid from the tree outs who they kicked off for "not winning anything". I hope it works out for everyone, makes an interesting show.
billyp330
1/30/2018 8:14am
ML512 wrote:
Ryno, Ellis or the owner?
I believe they are talking about Brad Barker, the media guy. If so I agree, he is annoying and seems to contribute nothing to the show. Maybe he does do a lot behind the scenes, but don't care for him at all on the show.
billyp330
1/30/2018 8:18am
I disagree. I watched through everything. It’s turning into a reality tv show that is just plain pathetic. It’s giving the sport a negative image. They...

I do agree there is a bit too much fake drama stuff in the show, however to say the show brings a negative image to the sport is false IMO. Yes, there is some stuff that is exaggerated and probably is complete bs, but there are also some seemingly genuine moments and it does show how tough the sport is. Is it perfect? No. Needs a lot more work, but it seems to be getting better and I believe it could really help grow the sport. After all, you compare it to desperate housewives. Any idea on how many people watch that garbage???
Premixed112
1/30/2018 10:59am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2018 11:01am
My gripes: That name "racetrack supercross" makes no sense for a video series. Has nothing to do with the team's name, and sounds redundant.
Like others have said, the team manager is a negative asshole.
Stop having random people say "racetrack supercross" into the camera. Just stop.
The camera work and editing could be a ton better.

Post a reply to: Racetrack SX

The Latest