Racetech motor work

ecmx274
Anyone use them for 2 stroke work? Porting, head work etc. etc? I have had bad luck with two different shops in the past year and after reading post on here I know I would have a better experience if I go with tmr or tzr but Racetech does my suspension so I figured I would ask around. I’m looking to get some port work and head mods on a 125.
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
5/19/2020 7:25am
I used Racetech on my CRF 250F and was very impressed!

I know Twisted Development does most the top amateur 2 strokes, so they have a lot of experience in that category.

I’ve had Millennium Technology port my 125 head a few years ago. I added VHM head with the SX insert and it was a beast!
5/19/2020 10:22am
There are plenty of options out there, but if you want peace of mind knowing you won't have any problems or question marks when you get your motor back then go with Tom Morgan. Just pay the price and you will be glad you did.

The moto industry has a lot of shady characters and is saturated with poor business practices. Even the good guys can lag and be unresponsive, and that just seems to be the norm in our world. But Tom Morgan is like a diamond in the rough when it comes to how professional he runs his shop. You won't find anymore more professional and has the skills to go with it.
OLDMOTO
5/19/2020 10:27am
What about Procircuit? I haven't seen anyone post about them for two stroke modifications.
MZ193
5/19/2020 11:01am
OLDMOTO wrote:
What about Procircuit? I haven't seen anyone post about them for two stroke modifications.
The bikes coming out of pc's shop are too fast for us niubies ahahahahhahahahahahaahhaha
Jk idk, i live in italy and donnow american motor shops

The Shop

ecmx274
5/19/2020 12:44pm
Pc does great work. I know who to send it to an who not to I just had some bad luck last year and tried someone new and got screwed. I was mainly just wondering about race tech I haven’t heard anything at all about their 2stroke work except some brief questions on a pod cast.
dmm698
5/20/2020 5:40am
Another Vote for Tom Morgan here. Great support, Great communication, Professional, Actually delivered ahead of deadline he promised.

I dont care if I could of MAYBE gained 1 hp more using somebody else. I got my parts back in a timely fashion, he was extremely professional, hes very thorough, and is still available after the fact for support and to ping ideas off of. And the bike runs great.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
5/20/2020 6:53am
go to someone specializing in 2 strokes. racetech's is somewhat new to offering engine services and i'd wager most of there experience is with 4s.
ecmx274
5/20/2020 9:14am
soggy wrote:
go to someone specializing in 2 strokes. racetech's is somewhat new to offering engine services and i'd wager most of there experience is with 4s.
I plan on it. It will be Tom Morgan. I did talk to Racetech last night. He said they do a lot of two strokes new and old and he was even able to tell me how it would change the power curve on both of my motors. If I sent anything to them it would be my yz motor I would trust it more since it’s new and if they are doing a lot of two strokes I’m sure it’s Ktms and yzs. If anyone does end up trying them keep me in mind.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
5/20/2020 9:45am
soggy wrote:
I understand where you are coming from; however, while Race Tech's return to the engine side of things is somewhat recent, the company is over 30 years old and initially started as an engine company. In addition, the staff that has come on has built and knows many 2 strokes.
slipdog
5/20/2020 12:28pm
I understand where you are coming from; however, while Race Tech's return to the engine side of things is somewhat recent, the company is over 30...
I understand where you are coming from; however, while Race Tech's return to the engine side of things is somewhat recent, the company is over 30 years old and initially started as an engine company. In addition, the staff that has come on has built and knows many 2 strokes.
Hey is there a Vital discount code to order from your website? I need some fork parts for my son's new KTM 65.
5/20/2020 2:25pm
I have used a lot of different engine builders and I would highly recommend RaceTech. Andrew is ridiculously knowledgeable and we have had really positive results with our engine program since we began working with them. Their approach is to build usable power that will last, not just some inflated horsepower number that is counterproductive to the end goal of making you faster. I know there are some great options out there but RaceTech is a very solid choice if you want to make positive changes that are reliable in my opinion.
chuckie108
5/20/2020 2:59pm
I know this an outdated opinion, but Race Tech did my '90 KX125 engine back in the day, and the thing was a ROCKET. Like cheating it was so quick. I got to ride a works 125 of the same era(had a buddy that was factory mechanic), and my KX flat out destroyed it. Really, it was that good. I think Thede was actually hands on at that point, and not so sure now, but I'd have no problem giving him my work if he still participates on that level. That being said, I'm starting a YZ490 project and I'm sending my cylinder to Tom Morgan. hahaha
slipdog
5/20/2020 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2020 3:16pm
chuckie108 wrote:
I know this an outdated opinion, but Race Tech did my '90 KX125 engine back in the day, and the thing was a ROCKET. Like cheating...
I know this an outdated opinion, but Race Tech did my '90 KX125 engine back in the day, and the thing was a ROCKET. Like cheating it was so quick. I got to ride a works 125 of the same era(had a buddy that was factory mechanic), and my KX flat out destroyed it. Really, it was that good. I think Thede was actually hands on at that point, and not so sure now, but I'd have no problem giving him my work if he still participates on that level. That being said, I'm starting a YZ490 project and I'm sending my cylinder to Tom Morgan. hahaha
99.9% sure that was Varner. RT and Varner were in the same complex and Varner did all their porting until FMF hired him to work inhouse in the later '90s. (I could be wrong)
ecmx274
5/20/2020 3:32pm
I have used a lot of different engine builders and I would highly recommend RaceTech. Andrew is ridiculously knowledgeable and we have had really positive results...
I have used a lot of different engine builders and I would highly recommend RaceTech. Andrew is ridiculously knowledgeable and we have had really positive results with our engine program since we began working with them. Their approach is to build usable power that will last, not just some inflated horsepower number that is counterproductive to the end goal of making you faster. I know there are some great options out there but RaceTech is a very solid choice if you want to make positive changes that are reliable in my opinion.
Good info have you had a 125 or 250 done by them?
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
5/20/2020 3:52pm
slipdog wrote:
Hey is there a Vital discount code to order from your website? I need some fork parts for my son's new KTM 65.
Include VITALMX in the discount code box.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
5/20/2020 3:54pm
chuckie108 wrote:
I know this an outdated opinion, but Race Tech did my '90 KX125 engine back in the day, and the thing was a ROCKET. Like cheating...
slipdog wrote:
99.9% sure that was Varner. RT and Varner were in the same complex and Varner did all their porting until FMF hired him to work inhouse...
99.9% sure that was Varner. RT and Varner were in the same complex and Varner did all their porting until FMF hired him to work inhouse in the later '90s. (I could be wrong)
Paul Thede was porting engines when Race Tech started. He's still in the shop nearly everyday and has his finger on the pulse of everything that is going on.
Rickyisms
5/20/2020 4:00pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
They built my mod bike. Motor is ridiculously strong and very reliable.
ecmx274
5/20/2020 4:04pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
Rickyisms wrote:
They built my mod bike. Motor is ridiculously strong and very reliable.
What bike is it?
rob162
5/20/2020 7:29pm
The guys working there on motors have worked with and learned from ron hamp, ron wood and a guy that most people don't know him but those that build fast shit do Brian Trusdale. Not to mention Paul really knows his way around a motor. Ill say it right now you have nothing to fear in giving them a shot. I'll guarantee the motor will do everything you want it to. TMR is a good choice as people have said to.
Moto520
5/20/2020 7:44pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2020 7:46pm
TZR racing in Ilinois is really good. I haven’t heard one complaint in all my years of moto. He made my 2014 CRF250 into an awesome bike. The YZ transmission work that he did on my YZ250 was excellent and the bike is running great to this day. I vouche for him and i’m the pickiest guy on the planet with my bikes. I’m way too OCD for this shit. I hate pretty much everyone because i’m old and cranky and i like TZR
5/20/2020 9:49pm
I have used a lot of different engine builders and I would highly recommend RaceTech. Andrew is ridiculously knowledgeable and we have had really positive results...
ecmx274 wrote:
Good info have you had a 125 or 250 done by them?
I’ve worked with the engine department pretty heavily developing our Yamaha 250F engine, but the attention to detail and knowledge base is just as developed for a two-stroke.

Post a reply to: Racetech motor work

The Latest