Races 2 Places Dakar 2018 w/Lyndon Poskitt. Great series!

Related:
Create New Tag

7/14/2019 5:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/14/2019 6:46 PM

Not sure if this has been posted before but this is the most in depth series I've ever seen on the Dakar. A 20 part series that not only covers Lyndon's races but also everything from prepping his rally bike (Rex), packing, registration, eating, sleeping and the whole struggle of such a difficult event.

Even if you're not a fan of the Dakar I think you will enjoy this. Really great series that sheds a whole new light on what racing Dakar on a bike without being on a major Factory team is actually like.

Here is the first episode of 20. Mav, please embed if can. Thnx.

|

7/14/2019 7:17 PM

Thanks for sharing, look forward to watching.

|

7/14/2019 9:30 PM

I watched it all as it was happening.

He covered himself in 3 or 4 gopros for each stage and had a filmer at the end and start of each day. It seems as though the video guy would edit the previous days gopros and the end of each days footage during days and upload it each afternoon.

He was about 12 hours behind the official daily videos being release with so much insight. It was really great watching it along with the overall event footage.

Sadly he didnt do it for 2019

|

7/15/2019 8:08 AM

Lyndon is a good dude. His videos are epic, but nothing beats his race coverage. I'm such a Rally nerd, I would even love if he posted just raw stage footage. It was amazing how fast his guys edited and posted the videos each day.

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

7/15/2019 9:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2019 9:21 AM

I'm a fan, dude is out there living the life. I noticed he had some recent videos up going back a few months and am excited to binge watch them all.

His Dakar 2018 coverage is pretty epic. I don't know how the heck his video guy reviewed and edited hours of footage together to have ready the next day and have it actually be quality stuff.

|

7/15/2019 11:31 AM

Man, "Rex's" engine sounds like an absolute monster. Love it!

One of the amazing aspects of this is how skilled Lyndon is both as a rider and a mechanic. And I really enjoyed seeing the tour of the mobile kitchens and the day in and day out procedures of the organization as well as the struggle that makes up this race both on and off the bike.

Pretty fascinating. And perfectly captured.

|

7/15/2019 11:36 AM

He has a website where you can buy (amongst other items) a rally 450 engine just like he uses. It's an epic price for an epic race!

|

7/15/2019 2:29 PM

He's going to run the 2020 Dakar now that it moved back across the ocean to Saudi. The guy is something else.. he was an aerospace design engineer who worked on the F-35 program for BAE before just up and quitting to do this Races to Places series full time. He literally lives out of his bike and rides all over the world.

|

7/15/2019 3:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/15/2019 3:25 PM

Here's a cool video of Lyndon recapping his Malle Moto Dakar race of 2017. I feel like I've been under a rock just discovering all this. Lol. So cool.

|