Racerhead #24: Weigandt on Stewart

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 6/17/2013 10:47am
James Stewart: It reminds me of a quote Dave Despain once used to describe Damon Bradshaw during the ESPN broadcast of the famous 1992 Los Angeles Supercross: "Of all the scenarios people expected coming into this race—no one would have been surprised if Bradshaw came out and blew everyone away. And no one would have been surprised if he crashed it away. But no one, no one, expected Damon Bradshaw to just come out here and be mediocre." We are just not used to seeing this type of season from James Stewart!
|
LLOYD22
6/15/2013 9:43am
Everybody knows its the suzuki thats stopping him from winning....
davistld01
6/15/2013 10:09am
LLOYD22 wrote:
Too much unsprung weight over the front end is obviously that Yamaha's problem.
DrSweden
6/15/2013 1:04pm
LLOYD22 wrote:
dirtnapper wrote:
[URL=http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/pauldonahue717/media/thinkinggif_zpse0caef0e.gif.html][IMG]http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l538/pauldonahue717/thinkinggif_zpse0caef0e.gif[/IMG][/URL]
LOL!

The Shop

Blitz
6/15/2013 4:21pm
LLOYD22 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Too much unsprung weight over the front end is obviously that Yamaha's problem.
I don't know..those look to be the new seperate function b**bs....I'll let you figure out what each one is used for...
JW381
6/15/2013 11:02pm
I agree with weege. I've never seen James just be an average top 10ish guy. Been sayin it since Hangtown.
Joelessi
6/15/2013 11:47pm
[img]http://www.pxleyes.com/images/contests/uniforms-2/fullsize/Gone-Fishing-4e4d0c540536c_hires.jpg[/img]
All I see are asses.
Looks like pigs to me.
Choppy
6/15/2013 11:59pm
The amount of people happy to see someone not do well amazes me.
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
6/16/2013 7:39am
He's been one of the 5 fastest guys out there, that's not so bad... I'm sure he expects more, as we all seem to, but that's nothing to scoff at.
JW381
6/16/2013 7:39am
Choppy wrote:
I'm not one of them, it's not as interesting.
flarider
6/16/2013 7:41am
Choppy wrote:
Agreed, but at the same time, not all that surprising.
JW381
6/16/2013 8:05am
kongols wrote:
This just goes to show that, despite what MLK said, all men are not created equal lol.

I have good enough balance to ride some slow wheelies on a mountain bike, but I think that's it haha
jeffro503
6/16/2013 8:16am
I'm not sure what's been up with James either. "Could" he be doing better?.....of course he could. Something is off and whatever it is , is making him ride to a certain limit and still feel safe.

Last weekend sucked for sure. BUT....if I had to take a guess , he'll pick and choose his races where he wants to finish better. I think the overall goal he has is.....just make it through the season healthy , and be ready for A1. IMHO anyways.
Flip109
6/16/2013 8:40am
When Carmichael and stew raced Carmichael beat him straight up almost all the time. RV and Dungey are that good. Take them out of the equation and give stew some confidence back and tada you have your old stew back. I think he's still the 3rd and maybe even 2nd fastest guy out there in this field of riders. RV is the new alpha.
toroP
6/16/2013 8:48am
Flip109 wrote:
When Carmichael and stew raced Carmichael beat him straight up almost all the time. RV and Dungey are that good. Take them out of the equation...
When Carmichael and stew raced Carmichael beat him straight up almost all the time. RV and Dungey are that good. Take them out of the equation and give stew some confidence back and tada you have your old stew back. I think he's still the 3rd and maybe even 2nd fastest guy out there in this field of riders. RV is the new alpha.
Maybe, but explain Reed beating RV and RD repeatedly in 2011.
JW381
6/16/2013 8:57am
Flip109 wrote:
When Carmichael and stew raced Carmichael beat him straight up almost all the time. RV and Dungey are that good. Take them out of the equation...
toroP wrote:
Reedy stepped his game up!
jeffro503
6/16/2013 9:00am
Flip109 wrote:
toroP wrote:
Because in that time period , everything was clicking for Reed and was riding better than he ever had. Over the past couple years there was quite a few SX races where Reed had Stewart's number as well......which up to a couple years ago didn't happen to often.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
6/16/2013 9:00am
bultokid wrote:
Father Time waits for NO man
Exactly, the dude is past his prime. Could be burn out, age, injuries, tired of big crashes or whatever but it is what it is. It would have been great to see RV, Dungey and Reed at his best when RC and Stewart were battling, but it's a new era now. I think RV of today would have been right there with RC and Stewart. JMO
jeffro503
6/16/2013 9:11am
bultokid wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Exactly, the dude is past his prime. Could be burn out, age, injuries, tired of big crashes or whatever but it is what it is. It...
Exactly, the dude is past his prime. Could be burn out, age, injuries, tired of big crashes or whatever but it is what it is. It would have been great to see RV, Dungey and Reed at his best when RC and Stewart were battling, but it's a new era now. I think RV of today would have been right there with RC and Stewart. JMO
I agree 100% Chip! Although I think James still has some fight in him , especially in SX. Lets see how this next season goes for him.

BTW buddy....how are you feeling? Are you mobile and able to move around? Until now I just remembered you sent me a damn PM and forgot to write you back! Sorry about that. Being laid up sucks big time. It's not the pain....it's the complete and utter boredom that goes along with it! Hope you are feeling better man and give us a report if you don't mind.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
6/16/2013 9:22am
bultokid wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Exactly, the dude is past his prime. Could be burn out, age, injuries, tired of big crashes or whatever but it is what it is. It...
jeffro503 wrote:
I agree 100% Chip! Although I think James still has some fight in him , especially in SX. Lets see how this next season goes for...
I agree 100% Chip! Although I think James still has some fight in him , especially in SX. Lets see how this next season goes for him.

BTW buddy....how are you feeling? Are you mobile and able to move around? Until now I just remembered you sent me a damn PM and forgot to write you back! Sorry about that. Being laid up sucks big time. It's not the pain....it's the complete and utter boredom that goes along with it! Hope you are feeling better man and give us a report if you don't mind.
Hey Jeffro,
I'm doing pretty good, but I broke the metal plate the doc put in my pelvis. So now I have to be very careful or the long screw from hip to hip could fail also. I have to stay on the walker at all times for the next six weeks and hope everything has healed properly at that time. Thanks for asking!
jeffro503
6/16/2013 9:34am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I agree 100% Chip! Although I think James still has some fight in him , especially in SX. Lets see how this next season goes for...

gsxrcr28 wrote:
Hey Jeffro, I'm doing pretty good, but I broke the metal plate the doc put in my pelvis. So now I have to be very careful...
Hey Jeffro,
I'm doing pretty good, but I broke the metal plate the doc put in my pelvis. So now I have to be very careful or the long screw from hip to hip could fail also. I have to stay on the walker at all times for the next six weeks and hope everything has healed properly at that time. Thanks for asking!
You broke the metal plate? What happened? Did they just say leave it alone for now and let things heal....and take it out after words? That big hip screw is something I have never had , but have known guys that had something similar to that. I know it sucks Chip.....but take these next 6 weeks and only do things that are completely necessary and / or related to PT. You don't want to mess something up that may set you back because they have to repair it. It sounds like you are on the road to recovery though man! Just don't do any jogging over the next couple weeks and poop that big screw out! Silly
JW381
6/16/2013 9:37am
jeffro503 wrote:

gsxrcr28 wrote:
Hey Jeffro, I'm doing pretty good, but I broke the metal plate the doc put in my pelvis. So now I have to be very careful...
Hey Jeffro,
jeffro503 wrote:
You broke the metal plate? What happened? Did they just say leave it alone for now and let things heal....and take it out after words? That...
You broke the metal plate? What happened? Did they just say leave it alone for now and let things heal....and take it out after words? That big hip screw is something I have never had , but have known guys that had something similar to that. I know it sucks Chip.....but take these next 6 weeks and only do things that are completely necessary and / or related to PT. You don't want to mess something up that may set you back because they have to repair it. It sounds like you are on the road to recovery though man! Just don't do any jogging over the next couple weeks and poop that big screw out! Silly
I don't know ya, man, but being laid up sucks. The first few days are kinda nice because you get to not do a thing, people kinda take care of you, you probably have a nice prescription, but after that wears off, it absolutely SUCKS. Sorry brotha.
BobbyM
6/16/2013 9:40am
Flip109 wrote:
bit of advice....lay off the
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
6/16/2013 9:42am Edited Date/Time 6/16/2013 9:43am
@ Jeffro - Doc says the plate broke because he thinks I wasn't being careful enough, which is possible I guess, but to me it looks like the screw that holds the plate down might have been over tightened. They are going to leave the broken plate in forever unless there is complications. Yea I'm just taking easy now.

Post a reply to: Racerhead #24: Weigandt on Stewart

The Latest