Racerhead

kkawboy14
12/12/2017 7:07am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2017 8:42pm
DC, these guys didn’t “catch” Lance Armstrong......

|
wreckitrandy
12/12/2017 7:17am
Never fear. The Alessi's will make motocross great again!
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
12/12/2017 7:28am
What the fuck is the point of this thread
kkawboy14
12/12/2017 7:31am
seth505 wrote:
What the fuck is the point of this thread
Clarifying a point in Racerhead?

The Shop

twotwosix
12/12/2017 7:33am
No offense, but this was shared in the PED thread on Friday.
tprice07
12/12/2017 7:43am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2017 7:44am
I'm sure Jeff has some information. His approach sucked...I can't say much. I suck at approach as well.
DC
12/12/2017 7:48am
https://www.livescience.com/22684-lance-doping-science.html

"Lance Armstrong has announced that he will no longer fight accusations from the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that he used performance-enhancing drugs during his historic cycling career. Though the seven-time Tour de France winner still asserts his innocence, he now faces the loss of all the titles and associated prize money he has won since 1998. But what set Armstrong's epic fall from grace in motion and why is it culminating now? Life's Little Mysteries explains."

"Indeed, the USADA case that caused Armstrong to back down from arbitration rests in large part on a group of 10 former teammates who the agency says will testify to having firsthand knowledge of Armstrong's doping."

"USADA accuses Armstrong of using EPO, human growth hormone, testosterone, anti-inflammatory steroids and various masking agents used to cover up his other alleged abuses. The agency claims to have physical evidence for Armstrong's supposed "blood doping," a practice designed to boost an athlete's red blood cell count that can either involve blood transfusions or the use of synthetic EPO."

"The International Cycling Union (UCI), the world governing body for sports cycling, disputed the USADA's authority to arbitrate the doping case, so it is still theoretically possible that the cycling union will appeal the USADA's ruling."

That's what I meant when I said they "caught" him. But in the end, he confessed to Oprah, so I guess she caught him?

DC
Racer X

kkawboy14
12/12/2017 8:04am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2017 8:05am
DC wrote:
https://www.livescience.com/22684-lance-doping-science.html "Lance Armstrong has announced that he will no longer fight accusations from the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that he used performance-enhancing drugs during his...

"Lance Armstrong has announced that he will no longer fight accusations from the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that he used performance-enhancing drugs during his historic cycling career. Though the seven-time Tour de France winner still asserts his innocence, he now faces the loss of all the titles and associated prize money he has won since 1998. But what set Armstrong's epic fall from grace in motion and why is it culminating now? Life's Little Mysteries explains."

"Indeed, the USADA case that caused Armstrong to back down from arbitration rests in large part on a group of 10 former teammates who the agency says will testify to having firsthand knowledge of Armstrong's doping."

"USADA accuses Armstrong of using EPO, human growth hormone, testosterone, anti-inflammatory steroids and various masking agents used to cover up his other alleged abuses. The agency claims to have physical evidence for Armstrong's supposed "blood doping," a practice designed to boost an athlete's red blood cell count that can either involve blood transfusions or the use of synthetic EPO."

"The International Cycling Union (UCI), the world governing body for sports cycling, disputed the USADA's authority to arbitrate the doping case, so it is still theoretically possible that the cycling union will appeal the USADA's ruling."

That's what I meant when I said they "caught" him. But in the end, he confessed to Oprah, so I guess she caught him?

DC
Racer X

man him going on Oprah and admitting that was super dumb!

Once his team mates spilled the beans they knew where to look and really had no case without them that would hold up.......I’m thinking moto might take the same, if there is something to spill!
BobbyM
12/12/2017 8:07am
NFL players get busted all the time... From random tests that come out of nowhere. On vacation, at the gym, hotel etc. The players union fights these things. If riders had a Union they would probably be against these tests. Jeff doesn't make any reasonable sense in that regard.
kkawboy14
12/12/2017 8:17am
BobbyM wrote:
NFL players get busted all the time... From random tests that come out of nowhere. On vacation, at the gym, hotel etc. The players union fights...
NFL players get busted all the time... From random tests that come out of nowhere. On vacation, at the gym, hotel etc. The players union fights these things. If riders had a Union they would probably be against these tests. Jeff doesn't make any reasonable sense in that regard.
The NFL has a “substance abuse program” and a “PED abuse program”...... those are some pot smokin jokers in the NFL
olds cool
12/12/2017 11:24am
Has anybody seen Jeff and Oprah in the same zip code lately???
TXDirt
12/12/2017 12:03pm
An early look at Jeff's master project plan.

RonJon
12/12/2017 12:11pm

ACBraap
Fantasy
450th
12/12/2017 1:12pm
DC wrote:
https://www.livescience.com/22684-lance-doping-science.html "Lance Armstrong has announced that he will no longer fight accusations from the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that he used performance-enhancing drugs during his...

DC
Racer X

He really didn't get caught. He, and his teammates, lied to USADA for years, and allegedly had people at the UCI help cover up failed tests (even bigger than the drug ring inside MX Sports). He even lied in a video taped deposition when he was challenged by an insurance company that had insured his winnings. IIRC, what broke it apart was the Federal whistleblower claim filed by Floyd Landis. Once Armstrong's teammates were called to a Federal grand jury, they started telling the truth. USADA then issued its 'reasoned decision', which was essentially a conclusion that even without actual failed tests, hearing from enough other people that said they saw him dope was enough to conclude he had.

In MX, I think this scenario http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/us-riders-gets-four-year-… is the most likely way anyone will ever get caught.

NorCal 50+
12/12/2017 1:27pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X

ACBraap wrote:
He really didn't get caught. He, and his teammates, lied to USADA for years, and allegedly had people at the UCI help cover up failed tests...
He really didn't get caught. He, and his teammates, lied to USADA for years, and allegedly had people at the UCI help cover up failed tests (even bigger than the drug ring inside MX Sports). He even lied in a video taped deposition when he was challenged by an insurance company that had insured his winnings. IIRC, what broke it apart was the Federal whistleblower claim filed by Floyd Landis. Once Armstrong's teammates were called to a Federal grand jury, they started telling the truth. USADA then issued its 'reasoned decision', which was essentially a conclusion that even without actual failed tests, hearing from enough other people that said they saw him dope was enough to conclude he had.

In MX, I think this scenario http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/us-riders-gets-four-year-… is the most likely way anyone will ever get caught.

Very good point. The fact that Armstrong fooled the USADA for so many years (and the rest of us) show that the same could occur in motocross.

kkawboy14
12/12/2017 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 12/12/2017 8:28pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X

ACBraap wrote:
He really didn't get caught. He, and his teammates, lied to USADA for years, and allegedly had people at the UCI help cover up failed tests...

NorCal 50+ wrote:
Very good point. The fact that Armstrong fooled the USADA for so many years (and the rest of us) show that the same could occur in...
Very good point. The fact that Armstrong fooled the USADA for so many years (and the rest of us) show that the same could occur in motocross.

That’s my point! Is Jeff really the guy to drop the dime?
Crush
12/12/2017 8:42pm
Holy fucking semantics.

Post a reply to: Racerhead

The Latest