RacerX/Weege podcast with Barcia

Related:
Create New Tag

6/26/2018 9:33 PM

Jason Weigandt did a great podcast with Justin Barcia the day before Muddy Creek. Probably one of the most in-depth interviews with Barcia in all his years. There's some good stuff in there, about him nearly giving up on racing in 2018, the struggles at JGR, and a bit of hint that maybe some of the business side at JGR was not on the level.

Definitely worth a listen if you're into podcasts.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

6/27/2018 12:46 AM

worth a listen, but not a link? lol

|

6/27/2018 12:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2018 12:58 AM

Weege's podcasts have been nothing short of amazing and awesome. From the History of the Nationals, to How we got where we are with SX, AMA and the FIM, to his interview pods with Pastrana, Bogle, etc - they've all been fantastic and I've listened multiple times to most all of them. (some EPIC stories in the Pastrana one... hell in most of them!)

Link: http://racerx.libsyn.com/

Really really geeked out over the historical ones like the one with DC and Roy Jansen, and history of Nationals one with DC. Really, really really good stuff!! Stuff every die hard fan should be aware of

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

6/27/2018 4:21 AM

Awesome interview. I'm really glad Justin is having success again. He adds something special to the 450 class.

|

6/27/2018 5:20 AM

Yep, that was a very good interview. Weege is solid. I think Barcia is going to keep coming on stronger as the MX season finishes. I think moto wins and overalls will happen. He is only 26 yrs old, so he easily has a few good years left. I'm pulling for Barcia to win the SX or MX title in 2019. Another year on the same team with the same bike, and he should be well prepared for a good year in 2019.

|

6/27/2018 5:22 AM

Shady business deals?

|

6/27/2018 5:41 AM

Havn't listened to the Barcia pod yet, but the Bogle one was great. His audio isnt the greatest, but he really gets in depth. Never really had an opinion on Bogle as I never knew much about him, but after listening to Weege's pod I am a big fan. Seems like a really cool, down to earth, and intelligent guy. Looking forward to listening to the Barcia one.

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

6/27/2018 5:52 AM

billyp330 wrote:

Havn't listened to the Barcia pod yet, but the Bogle one was great. His audio isnt the greatest, but he really gets in depth. ...more

The audio of the Bogle one wasn't the best because, well, they were at lunch at a busy restaurant haha... Audio for the Barcia one honestly isn't the best either; but the rest are pretty solid

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

6/27/2018 6:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2018 6:24 AM

I’m a big fan of the Weege, but one thing that drives me nuts is his constant “yeah”, “sure”, “uhuh”, “right”, “ok”, “yes” interruptions when the interviewee is speaking. I don’t think he realizes he is doing it, but it’s still poor interview skills.

Complaining aside, it’s a good interview and perspective from Barcia.

|

6/27/2018 7:07 AM

Sound like everything randomly started falling in place for him. Good to see just goes to show how mental this sport or life can be. Seem like he has a better mindset now. Cool to see him climbing back to the top

|

6/27/2018 7:17 AM

Another solid pod-pod podcast by weege. The bobby Hewitt one is still my favorite, great conversation.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

6/27/2018 7:59 AM

Dimblewambie wrote:

Another solid pod-pod podcast by weege. The bobby Hewitt one is still my favorite, great conversation.

That one was really good too. I preferred Bogle's only because of the deep conversation regarding the risk involved with moto, and the irrational desire to keep doing it anyway.

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

6/27/2018 8:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2018 8:41 AM

LOL yes I forgot the link in the original post. Thanks F150Motocrosser for putting it up!

Barcia was careful to step around some things in that interview regarding the business side at JGR. I assume most of that would be related to the team switching to Suzuki rather late in 2016 and his contract getting shortened and re-structured before the start of 2017. I recall he spoke a bit about this on DMXS in December 2016. But there must be a lot more to that story....

One other thing in that interview that is not truly obvious, but again danced around a bit, is the struggle that Barcia had at JGR to get the bike comfortable. A lot was made of this being a "Yamaha problem", but then switching to Suzuki it did not seem like that bike setup was really working either. And the Suzuki is a well-developed platform and considered to be one of the easier bikes to find a sweet spot on. All that really makes me wonder about JGR's overall engineering philosophy of doing everything in-house. I mean, Barcia got the Yamaha fill-in deal very late in the off-season and they nailed the bike pretty quick for him?

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

6/27/2018 8:47 AM

There was lots of read between the lines type of stuff. The Tickle discussion was interesting.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

6/27/2018 9:12 AM

Weege is great, that was sick.

|

6/28/2018 3:02 AM

Crazy hearing him say he was fine to retire after Jacksonville and the stuff about him not leaving a water bottle out of his sight in fear of it being tampered with.

|