RacerX Top 30 Riders. Tomac over Brad Lackey?.

mooch
Fantasy
431st
5/3/2018 4:58pm
Kinda surprised Kiedrowski is at #8...beating out Villopoto (9) and Dungey (10).
surfer22
5/3/2018 5:36pm
mooch wrote:
Kinda surprised Kiedrowski is at #8...beating out Villopoto (9) and Dungey (10).
The rankings you're talking about are from prior to the 2013 Nationals. They are only at 17 or so right now for the 2018 list. I'm sure RV and RD are both higher now than they were in 2018.
wreckitrandy
5/3/2018 5:41pm
I've got a hard time buying MC in front of Tony Destefano.... jmo
Snoqualmie
5/3/2018 8:03pm
Well, the internet may just explode if RC is not #1.

Some good comments here on Lackey, LaPorte, Guerra, Sun and others who did chase the Euro dream.

BUT that was not the criteria...

The Shop

racin mason
5/4/2018 7:13am
Each generation of racers benefit from the previous generation of racers.When moto started in the U.S.no one had any experience/knowledge as to what it takes to win races . I often here so and so would have smoked Gary Jones if he was racing in 72. Do you think Ricky Carmichael would have been as dominate without his trainer?The knowledge the trainers have today didnt exist in the begining,Todays racers owe alot to the pioneers of the sport,
5/4/2018 7:24am
Here's the problem with using statistics..."figures lie and liars figure". When you set the parameters to get the results you desire then the results are skewed in a predetermined manner. When individual race wins count more than championships you obviously have a skewed result.

There is a general level of disrespect for the moto heros of the 60's & 70's. Today's snowflakes wouldn't stand a chance given the same conditions these guys raced in. Just the travel alone would cause them to pack it in and quit.

Can you imagine today's riders taking a single bike, a van, and cash on the road for 12 to 16 weeks at a time without returning home each week?

Or moving to a foreign country because they WANTED to win a world championship for their country. We can't even get some riders (cough, EliWhistling ) to attend a single weekend Motocross des Nations to represent their country these days.

jnickell
Fantasy
1836th
5/4/2018 7:29am
My Mount Rushmore of American MX

Hannah
Wardy
RJ
RC

I can think of quite a few others that should be on there but since Mount Rushmore only has 4 presidents, I had to draw the line.
ATKpilot99
5/4/2018 7:35am
Here's the problem with using statistics..."figures lie and liars figure". When you set the parameters to get the results you desire then the results are skewed...
Here's the problem with using statistics..."figures lie and liars figure". When you set the parameters to get the results you desire then the results are skewed in a predetermined manner. When individual race wins count more than championships you obviously have a skewed result.

There is a general level of disrespect for the moto heros of the 60's & 70's. Today's snowflakes wouldn't stand a chance given the same conditions these guys raced in. Just the travel alone would cause them to pack it in and quit.

Can you imagine today's riders taking a single bike, a van, and cash on the road for 12 to 16 weeks at a time without returning home each week?

Or moving to a foreign country because they WANTED to win a world championship for their country. We can't even get some riders (cough, EliWhistling ) to attend a single weekend Motocross des Nations to represent their country these days.

To be fair there were times riders declined to go to the des nations back then too. I think Hannah did at
least once.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/4/2018 7:40am
Here's the problem with using statistics..."figures lie and liars figure". When you set the parameters to get the results you desire then the results are skewed...

TonyD in the hotel Dodge. It does make you wonder if the Nationals would even exist if today’s riders had to drive to the races and relax on a fold up chair or on the ground between motos. Cooling off in a kiddie pool after a 45 minute Moto instead of laying down on a bed with AC and a IV drip after 30 mins...things have sure changed
ruy
5/4/2018 8:18am

ATKpilot99 wrote:
To be fair there were times riders declined to go to the des nations back then too. I think Hannah did at
least once.
Maybe because Hannah like Tomac he lost all the times, he only won when he participated in MXDN USA, Unadilla 87.
ruy
5/4/2018 8:24am
early
Fantasy
2231st
5/4/2018 8:27am
And the award for "Butthurt Old Guy Thread of the Week" goes too...
Forty
5/4/2018 8:30am
ruy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/04/259147/s1200_10295748_117629111943279_5964655301991946685_n.jpg[/img]
That hat alone should put him in the top 10.
Ted722
5/4/2018 8:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2018 9:02pm
Lackey and Staten today. CZ Championships this weekend in NorCal. Smile
jeffro503
5/4/2018 9:25pm
When will people realize......that if we can't go by actual stats ( I mean real fucking stats ) of championship's.......everything else is just " what you feel " .

Don't you know......some people's feelings , mean way more than actual results? The record books should be ashamed , along with the RacerX vault. Pinch

My heart tells me that the guy who finished 33rd in the 1971 500 class....is the best in the world. How dare you disagree with me!
visser62
5/4/2018 9:59pm
jeffro503 wrote:
When will people realize......that if we can't go by actual stats ( I mean real fucking stats ) of championship's.......everything else is just " what you...
When will people realize......that if we can't go by actual stats ( I mean real fucking stats ) of championship's.......everything else is just " what you feel " .

Don't you know......some people's feelings , mean way more than actual results? The record books should be ashamed , along with the RacerX vault. Pinch

My heart tells me that the guy who finished 33rd in the 1971 500 class....is the best in the world. How dare you disagree with me!
There is a science beyond stats. ESPN's Sport Science ranked Bo Jackson the greatest athlete of all time. A guy whose career was short-lived and broke no records.

Moto guys rely way too much on stats.
Forty
5/4/2018 10:01pm
Lackey shouldn’t be in the top 30 AMA Motocrossers of all time. He should be in the top 10 greatest motocrossers of all time.
jeffro503
5/4/2018 10:25pm
jeffro503 wrote:
When will people realize......that if we can't go by actual stats ( I mean real fucking stats ) of championship's.......everything else is just " what you...

visser62 wrote:
There is a science beyond stats. ESPN's Sport Science ranked Bo Jackson the greatest athlete of all time. A guy whose career was short-lived and broke...
There is a science beyond stats. ESPN's Sport Science ranked Bo Jackson the greatest athlete of all time. A guy whose career was short-lived and broke no records.

Moto guys rely way too much on stats.
But yet stats show what that athlete was able to accomplish in the time he played / raced.

Weather you play beyond your limits , or race beyond your limits and your career is short lived because of it.......some people say that's stupid. I'm one of them. Anyone can be stupid and try things way beyond their limits , only to wreck themselves. The " smart " players and racer's....do everything within their own means , barely crossing the line.....and those people are the ones in the record books. And in 20 years from now......they will still be in the record books.

"Records " are a legacy ........being great and never getting into the books? Stupid.
visser62
5/4/2018 11:10pm
jeffro503 wrote:
But yet stats show what that athlete was able to accomplish in the time he played / raced. Weather you play beyond your limits , or...
But yet stats show what that athlete was able to accomplish in the time he played / raced.

Weather you play beyond your limits , or race beyond your limits and your career is short lived because of it.......some people say that's stupid. I'm one of them. Anyone can be stupid and try things way beyond their limits , only to wreck themselves. The " smart " players and racer's....do everything within their own means , barely crossing the line.....and those people are the ones in the record books. And in 20 years from now......they will still be in the record books.

"Records " are a legacy ........being great and never getting into the books? Stupid.
Stats are misleading. Trying to use one variable to compare racers of drastically different times does a disservice to the sport.
Sully
5/4/2018 11:35pm Edited Date/Time 5/5/2018 4:49pm
ruy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/04/259147/s1200_10295748_117629111943279_5964655301991946685_n.jpg[/img]
Forty wrote:
That hat alone should put him in the top 10.
Add in the reach and grip strength that clutch lever took to pull and it’d probably bump him to top 5.
ruy
5/5/2018 6:04am
His physical condition would take him to the top 3.
Forty
5/5/2018 6:56am
ruy wrote:
His physical condition would take him to the top 3. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/05/259317/s1200_good.jpg[/img]
His physical condition would take him to the top 3.
Check out the Vitards in the back outside the fence, I think I see Jeffro503 in that group.

Post a reply to: RacerX Top 30 Riders. Tomac over Brad Lackey?.

The Latest