RacerX Top 30 Riders. Tomac over Brad Lackey?.

Snoqualmie
Edited Date/Time 5/5/2018 4:49pm
Hey,

Luv all you guys in Morgantown but Eli Tomac is a greater rider than Brad Lackey?

Not buying it.

Lackey was national and world champion. He blazed the trail to Europe for all Americans who later followed. He did it his way and it was the hard way.

My two cents.

Rex Backman
|
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/2/2018 9:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2018 9:12pm
I have to agree with you. Tomac is still young so he may get close but unless he goes to battle overseas he should never pass him. There is more to Moto than what’s on one side of the pond. Lackey found success worldwide and not just a National level
Ranch Life
5/2/2018 9:17pm
Just throwing it out there that the article specifically stated -

"Remember, these rankings are based on the AMA Motocross Nationals—international events like the Motocross of Nations and Grand Prix events here and abroad will not be factored into our tally."
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/2/2018 9:21pm
Ranch Life wrote:
Just throwing it out there that the article specifically stated - "Remember, these rankings are based on the AMA Motocross Nationals—international events like the Motocross of...

"Remember, these rankings are based on the AMA Motocross Nationals—international events like the Motocross of Nations and Grand Prix events here and abroad will not be factored into our tally."
Obviously I didnt read the article...just this post. Thanks for clarifying. National only....hate to do it but it might swing n Tomacs favor

The Shop

feelnjstfine
5/2/2018 9:22pm
You guys should really read the intro before posting, but since you obviously didn't, here are a couple of important sentences from it. "Our rankings include a mix of championships, race wins, and podiums; a rider's efficiency and longevity; the competition they raced against; and, of course, pure talent and speed. Remember, these rankings are based on the AMA Motocross Nationals—international events like the Motocross of Nations and Grand Prix events here and abroad will not be factored into our tally."
Snoqualmie
5/2/2018 9:57pm
Ranch Life wrote:
Just throwing it out there that the article specifically stated - "Remember, these rankings are based on the AMA Motocross Nationals—international events like the Motocross of...

Fair point. Did not see the fine print. My bad.

Still will stick to my statement of Lackey over Tomac.
Sully
5/2/2018 10:55pm
Ranch Life wrote:

Snoqualmie wrote:
Fair point. Did not see the fine print. My bad.

Still will stick to my statement of Lackey over Tomac.
I think it was Eli's two championships that put him over Brad. If they were just going premier class wins (500/450), Brad would win hands down with 16 wins* in a four year period ('72 - '76) to Eli's nine wins in a four year period ('14 - present).

*This is based off of the Racer X Vault, so I'm assuming all of those wins were AMA nationals, and not CRRC/Golden State races.
make1go
5/2/2018 11:31pm
reed posting high 20s?
give me a fckin break!
they included longevity and podiums AND the competition they raced against...lol...once i saw that ranking i havent bothered reading any further entries
pandering to the us centric bias as always.
5/2/2018 11:49pm
You guys should really read the intro before posting, but since you obviously didn't, here are a couple of important sentences from it. "Our rankings include...
You guys should really read the intro before posting, but since you obviously didn't, here are a couple of important sentences from it. "Our rankings include a mix of championships, race wins, and podiums; a rider's efficiency and longevity; the competition they raced against; and, of course, pure talent and speed. Remember, these rankings are based on the AMA Motocross Nationals—international events like the Motocross of Nations and Grand Prix events here and abroad will not be factored into our tally."
and you should read the entire thread before posting.
tp4
5/3/2018 4:48am
Snoqualmie wrote:
Hey, Luv all you guys in Morgantown but Eli Tomac is a greater rider than Brad Lackey? Not buying it. Lackey was national and world champion...
Hey,

Luv all you guys in Morgantown but Eli Tomac is a greater rider than Brad Lackey?

Not buying it.

Lackey was national and world champion. He blazed the trail to Europe for all Americans who later followed. He did it his way and it was the hard way.

My two cents.

Rex Backman
these new generation of people have no clue..who blazed the trail and the diffitculty involved...I just stop posting to crap like that...my post count reflexes
ruy
5/3/2018 6:18am
Lackey better always, pure legend, titan.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
5/3/2018 6:34am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2018 6:38am
How many of Brads wins were actually wins? The bottom of the article states that he had 7 wins in which he was the top American not actually wins.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
5/3/2018 6:37am
make1go wrote:
reed posting high 20s? give me a fckin break! they included longevity and podiums AND the competition they raced against...lol...once i saw that ranking i havent...
reed posting high 20s?
give me a fckin break!
they included longevity and podiums AND the competition they raced against...lol...once i saw that ranking i havent bothered reading any further entries
Reed raced RC for years and beat him in one Moto after an RC crash. I think Reeds placement is pretty accurate. If he would have won in 2011 he would be much higher though.
TDeath21
5/3/2018 6:39am
Tomac nowhere near top 30 in my opinion.
Johnny Ringo
5/3/2018 7:20am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2018 7:21am
TDeath21 wrote:
Yeah but you're an Eli hater so obviously your opinion doesn't count.

2 titles for sure puts him in the top 30.
feelnjstfine
5/3/2018 7:40am
That response above mine was posted while I was typing, so therefore I didn't see it until mine was posted. You think you got me, but you didn't.
DC
5/3/2018 8:27am
Thanks for checking out the list. These things are always tough because some guys like Lackey and Jim Pomeroy would almost certainly be way up on the list had they not spend the vast majority of their careers in Europe. And then there were guys like Barry Higgins and John DeSoto and Gary Bailey who pretty much were veterans by the time an actual AMA Motocross Championship got up and running in 1972.

The easy part is picking #1...

DC
Racer X
Adam43
5/3/2018 8:43am
make1go wrote:
reed posting high 20s? give me a fckin break! they included longevity and podiums AND the competition they raced against...lol...once i saw that ranking i havent...
reed posting high 20s?
give me a fckin break!
You know he is nowhere near as good outdoors right? Has been this way his entire career.
Wandell
5/3/2018 9:46am
Based on Racer X's criteria for this list, I agree with them. Based on just AMA Nationals, I'd put Tomac ahead of Lackey. Now if FIM races had also been included, I'd definitely rank Lackey ahead of him. Lackey spent a long time in Europe chasing a world title against legends of our sport and racked up some impressive results.
rongi#401
5/3/2018 9:57am
Lackey I'm sure knew how to get back on his bike in a hurryWink
Mit12
5/3/2018 10:59am
Snoqualmie wrote:
Hey, Luv all you guys in Morgantown but Eli Tomac is a greater rider than Brad Lackey? Not buying it. Lackey was national and world champion...
Hey,

Not buying it.

My two cents.

Rex Backman
Did you read the title for this list? AMA Nationals only! Not SX! Not FIM MX! Just AMA Nationals!
motomike137
5/3/2018 11:26am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2018 4:07am
DC wrote:
Thanks for checking out the list. These things are always tough because some guys like Lackey and Jim Pomeroy would almost certainly be way up on...
Thanks for checking out the list. These things are always tough because some guys like Lackey and Jim Pomeroy would almost certainly be way up on the list had they not spend the vast majority of their careers in Europe. And then there were guys like Barry Higgins and John DeSoto and Gary Bailey who pretty much were veterans by the time an actual AMA Motocross Championship got up and running in 1972.

DC
Racer X
No doubt that "The Hurricane" takes the top spot. Evil

To the op's point though, Brad is definitely on the MT Everest of American Motocrossers

motomike's USA MX MT Everest

Danny Chandler
Brad Lackey
Bob Hannah
Ricky Carmichael
mxb2
5/3/2018 11:55am
DC wrote:
Thanks for checking out the list. These things are always tough because some guys like Lackey and Jim Pomeroy would almost certainly be way up on...

DC
Racer X
No doubt that "The Hurricane" takes the top spot. :evil: To the op's point though, Brad is definitely on the MT Everest of American Motocrossers...
No doubt that "The Hurricane" takes the top spot. Evil

To the op's point though, Brad is definitely on the MT Everest of American Motocrossers

motomike's USA MX MT Everest

Danny Chandler
Brad Lackey
Bob Hannah
Ricky Carmichael
Rv,dungey are on the mt everest.
mxb2
5/3/2018 12:09pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Mt. Rushmore maybe ?
X2, thanks for the correction. Mine are rc,rv,rd hannah .. include sx and put mc in place of hannah.
5/3/2018 12:15pm
That response above mine was posted while I was typing, so therefore I didn't see it until mine was posted. You think you got me, but...
That response above mine was posted while I was typing, so therefore I didn't see it until mine was posted. You think you got me, but you didn't.
the first response was posted 5 mins before yours…so either you're the world's slowest typist, or full of it.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/3/2018 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2018 12:48pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Maybe you guys could do another list in the future that includes American on all of their Moto accomplishments. Names like Parker, Laporte, Guerra and of course Lackey and Pomeroy will shake up the order. As far as I’m concerned 10 National titles are about equal to Brads 1 world title....but then again I’m old as dirt

Being how the list was labeled (National) it is pretty accurate
TeamGreen
5/3/2018 12:53pm
Seems to me the original point is one of “relevance”; therefore, I concur.

Eli is an amazingly fast dude...all the while...he’s “here and now” & all too often people have short memories.
TDeath21
5/3/2018 4:12pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Yeah but you're an Eli hater so obviously your opinion doesn't count.

2 titles for sure puts him in the top 30.
Nah just realistic.

Post a reply to: RacerX Top 30 Riders. Tomac over Brad Lackey?.

The Latest