Racer X - Thunder Valley 125 All Star Race

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
|
6/5/2018 11:22pm
For there being a media blackout there sure seems to be a lot of videos covering these races.

Thanks for posting, Mav. Appreciate it.
6/5/2018 11:24pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2018 11:27pm
Was Wilber smiling because he's happy that he won or because he finally got his braces off? Tongue
bayodome
Fantasy
4282nd
6/6/2018 7:15am
Gonna be honest...kinda over these. The finals will be interesting but watching a bunch of locals racing doesn't do much for me.

EMX125 is still an ongoing series, has plenty of up and coming talent and even has a fair share of works or ultra trick bikes. Plus it's an actual series.

But really, I'm over the whole two-stroke craze. I was one of the editors really pushing for two-strokes for a long time (still have a YZ144), and while I'm glad people are into them, if the manufacturers have any foresight (and I think they do...sometimes) they should be developing electric bikes rather than going backwards to the two-stroke era. Show me an all electric exhibition moto instead, and you will have my attention and enthusiasm.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/6/2018 7:57am
#MediaBlackout
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/6/2018 8:11am
Thanks for posting (thumbs up)

mb
6/6/2018 8:46pm
Racer X coming through again!
6/7/2018 8:35am
Wil Hahn at the 4:30 mark just sending it with style....

Anyone who paid for NBC gold got cucked by MXsports for not getting live coverage of this.
jeffro503
6/7/2018 8:51am
Thank you RacerX for making that! I could watch those helmet cam's all day.
tcallahan707
6/7/2018 1:18pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2018 1:20pm
bayodome wrote:
Gonna be honest...kinda over these. The finals will be interesting but watching a bunch of locals racing doesn't do much for me. EMX125 is still an...
Gonna be honest...kinda over these. The finals will be interesting but watching a bunch of locals racing doesn't do much for me.

EMX125 is still an ongoing series, has plenty of up and coming talent and even has a fair share of works or ultra trick bikes. Plus it's an actual series.

But really, I'm over the whole two-stroke craze. I was one of the editors really pushing for two-strokes for a long time (still have a YZ144), and while I'm glad people are into them, if the manufacturers have any foresight (and I think they do...sometimes) they should be developing electric bikes rather than going backwards to the two-stroke era. Show me an all electric exhibition moto instead, and you will have my attention and enthusiasm.
Those locals can qualify for nationals. Do you really think the EMX125 class is any faster? Maybe give it a couple years to grow into a series and more support on the equipment side. It’s impressive to be over something that has just started.

Edit. Didn’t see the 2nd half of that. I agree. They should be looking in that direction. I’m not sure that means taking away from the 2 strokes. I’d love to see some 4 stroke resources go towards fuel injected 2 strokes. We don’t need more advanced 450s.
6/7/2018 1:22pm
Wil Hahn at the 4:30 mark just sending it with style.... Anyone who paid for NBC gold got cucked by MXsports for not getting live coverage...
Wil Hahn at the 4:30 mark just sending it with style....

Anyone who paid for NBC gold got cucked by MXsports for not getting live coverage of this.
How so? They never once said it would be on the NBC gold, if you bought it thinking it would be then that's on you and your reading comprehension. Are the 48 30 + 2's not enough for you?
PRM31
6/7/2018 1:34pm
Fantastic video! Track looked really good.
bayodome
Fantasy
4282nd
6/7/2018 2:04pm
bayodome wrote:
Gonna be honest...kinda over these. The finals will be interesting but watching a bunch of locals racing doesn't do much for me. EMX125 is still an...

Those locals can qualify for nationals. Do you really think the EMX125 class is any faster? Maybe give it a couple years to grow into a...
Those locals can qualify for nationals. Do you really think the EMX125 class is any faster? Maybe give it a couple years to grow into a series and more support on the equipment side. It’s impressive to be over something that has just started.

Edit. Didn’t see the 2nd half of that. I agree. They should be looking in that direction. I’m not sure that means taking away from the 2 strokes. I’d love to see some 4 stroke resources go towards fuel injected 2 strokes. We don’t need more advanced 450s.
Yes, EMX125 class is faster. Where do you think Jorge Prado and most of the current MX2 class came from? Bunch of kids who absolutely haul, and are sponsored (and I'm assuming paid) to do so. Not former factory riders or locals just out there for fun.

Sure the 125 thing could develop into something more in the US, but I honestly don't care if it does. I was there 10 or even 5 years ago, but with Electrics already here, that's all I really care about from a tech standpoint. ICEs, 2-stroke or 4-stroke, are old news to me...I don't care what new gimmicky thing people are losing the shit over. New 250F...yawn. New Factory Edition...yawn. Still love the racing aspect, but think there is a bit of smoke and mirrors going on by promoting old-school 2-stroke tech while the fact remains that Alta was not allowed to compete at LL's this year.

On your Edit...thanks for agreeing! Haha.

Post a reply to: Racer X - Thunder Valley 125 All Star Race

The Latest