Racer X - Southwick 125 All Star Race

dedi684
7/5/2018 5:16am
So awesome!!!!
newmann
7/5/2018 9:24am
Only thing interesting to me was Villo, Hahn, Durham…remove the pros and personally I'm out.
Of course we have to remember that Villopoto was beaten by who? Yeah, it can be good without the past pros. Just need to make it an actual championship series and there will be plenty of fast kids show up. Good stuff, excellent racing and great sounds.
davistld01
7/5/2018 9:38am
Freakin' Dubach hauls ass! What is he, 60 now or something?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/5/2018 9:48am
davistld01 wrote:
Freakin' Dubach hauls ass! What is he, 60 now or something?
Doug is 55.

The Shop

7/5/2018 9:58am
Only thing interesting to me was Villo, Hahn, Durham…remove the pros and personally I'm out.
newmann wrote:
Of course we have to remember that Villopoto was beaten by who? Yeah, it can be good without the past pros. Just need to make it...
Of course we have to remember that Villopoto was beaten by who? Yeah, it can be good without the past pros. Just need to make it an actual championship series and there will be plenty of fast kids show up. Good stuff, excellent racing and great sounds.
But, again—speaking for myself—the reason that race was interesting was precisely because it was Villo getting beaten. Take him (and Hahn and others) and it's just some race. Less interesting because it is no names on slow bikes.
newmann
7/5/2018 10:44am
newmann wrote:
Of course we have to remember that Villopoto was beaten by who? Yeah, it can be good without the past pros. Just need to make it...
But, again—speaking for myself—the reason that race was interesting was precisely because it was Villo getting beaten. Take him (and Hahn and others) and it's just...
But, again—speaking for myself—the reason that race was interesting was precisely because it was Villo getting beaten. Take him (and Hahn and others) and it's just some race. Less interesting because it is no names on slow bikes.
And considering how gapped out the 450 class gets, your comments could carry over to it being boring because of slow riders on fast bikes? A lot of guys in the 450 field are also lesser known names.

I wouldn't go calling them slow, but with the Premier 250 class costing so much to compete, a lot of guys seem to be opting for the cheaper to compete 450 class. All the more reason to bump the 450 class down a notch and call it the support class.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
7/5/2018 10:48am
newmann wrote:
But, again—speaking for myself—the reason that race was interesting was precisely because it was Villo getting beaten. Take him (and Hahn and others) and it's just...
I precisely don't give a shit what name is on your jersey, great racing is great racing. Speaking for myself of course.
7/5/2018 11:22am
@newmann You lost me at slow riders…there's not a slow rider that makes the gate in the premier classes.

@Markee So you're just as happy to see great racing a the local track versus a pro national?

Either way, think my comment is being a bit misconstrued—I just really liked the interest from ex-pros, so wouldn't want to see them barred from entry. OP clarified that he meant current pros, as in those racing in the 250/450 classes, so my comment is moot anyways.
7/5/2018 11:39am
You know your company is truly inept when no one 6 months ago had the foresight to think.."Well, we're running an exhibition race everyone wants to see, maybe we should figure out how we'll get coverage for it".

The helmet cams are OK, but to watch a full race it sucks. MX sports needs to hire camera men to actually film it the way the other classes are filmed.
7/5/2018 11:48am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2018 11:51am
It’s the rider that is fast or slow, not the bike. Roczen literally jumped on a 125 and went top-5 against the same field on a bike he was not even used to. And add in that his title was already wrapped up and he was racing for fun, not a championship.
7/5/2018 11:51am

Madmax31
Fantasy
128th
7/5/2018 12:15pm
When does factory KTM/Redbull field a team?
7/5/2018 12:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2018 12:31pm
Madmax31 wrote:
When does factory KTM/Redbull field a team?
I think like with any new class, they're waiting for adoption and consistency.

The legitimacy of a class falls on the promoter.

If MX sports were professional enough, they'd immediately have plans in place for actual coverage, either online or at least highlights televised. They'd build a points system, tech inspection and a purse.

But let's be real, MX sports and the AMA couldn't even handle posting results at the start of the year, imagine adding any other possible moves that required any sort of organization, effort or forethought. Their heads would explode before that ever happened.

hillbilly
7/5/2018 1:03pm
Why go out and race on underpowered old 2,strokes?

Why not have a 500 or open 2stroke class .

Get a bunch of five 0 0',s out there ,then you got something worth a watch.
Joko
Fantasy
239th
7/5/2018 2:04pm
Anyone know what lap times the 125s were at Southwick?
7/5/2018 3:27pm
8686 wrote:
It’s the rider that is fast or slow, not the bike. Roczen literally jumped on a 125 and went top-5 against the same field on a...
It’s the rider that is fast or slow, not the bike. Roczen literally jumped on a 125 and went top-5 against the same field on a bike he was not even used to. And add in that his title was already wrapped up and he was racing for fun, not a championship.
Okay so a 125 is not slower than a 450—got it.
racerx317
7/5/2018 3:52pm
hillbilly wrote:
Why go out and race on underpowered old 2,strokes? Why not have a 500 or open 2stroke class . Get a bunch of five 0 0',s...
Why go out and race on underpowered old 2,strokes?

Why not have a 500 or open 2stroke class .

Get a bunch of five 0 0',s out there ,then you got something worth a watch.
Because 90% of the people out there would rather hear and see ex-Pro legends and fast kids absolutely shred the 125s. An open 2 Stroke class kinda ruins the entire concept. Nothing like the sound of 40 125s shred’n.
7/5/2018 4:08pm
8686 wrote:
It’s the rider that is fast or slow, not the bike. Roczen literally jumped on a 125 and went top-5 against the same field on a...
Okay so a 125 is not slower than a 450—got it.
Now you’re just talking stupid. That’s like saying everyone outside the top 2 is slow just because they’re not as fast as #3 or #25. But wait, didn’t you just say there is not a slow rider on that gate??
7/5/2018 4:42pm
8686 wrote:
Now you’re just talking stupid. That’s like saying everyone outside the top 2 is slow just because they’re not as fast as #3 or #25. But...
Now you’re just talking stupid. That’s like saying everyone outside the top 2 is slow just because they’re not as fast as #3 or #25. But wait, didn’t you just say there is not a slow rider on that gate??
Talking stupid is bringing up Roczen when I had specified 'no name' riders.

Post a reply to: Racer X - Southwick 125 All Star Race

The Latest