Racer X - Southwick 125 All Star Race

Related:
Create New Tag

7/3/2018 8:30 PM

?rel=0
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/3/2018 8:47 PM

It sounds like a symphony, music to my ears.
Man those guys look like they're having fun!
It would be cool if LAMMY would do one.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

7/3/2018 8:49 PM

Oh yeah, and thanks for the film Racer X!

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

7/3/2018 9:02 PM

Hell yeah! Doug was getting it, shit all the guys were getting after it

|

7/3/2018 9:22 PM

WOOOOO!

Thanks for posting that!

It is nice to see a Sherco in the field!

|

7/3/2018 9:39 PM

That was awesome!

|

7/3/2018 10:04 PM

Hopefully MX Sports sees the excitement of fans and racers related to these 125 class races and expand it next year. It seems like there are threads everywhere surrounding these races and it’s very obvious that it’s added the spark that MX Nationals have needed.

My suggestion would be to set it up as an East and West Series 125 AMA Championships open to A & B riders (no pro licensed entries) with no age limitation and no limitation on entries to each round. On press day, run practice, a1st Moto that serves also as a qualifier and an LCQ to reach the second Moto much like LL Qualifiers. For those that make the cut... they get into Moto 2 that is run as the opening Moto at the National like it is right now. 2 Moto format for the overall with Olympic scoring between press day as Moto 1 and day of national as Moto 2. Collective points earned lead to either a West or East Championship.

1. This will add many more spectators and viewers due to the added excitement of at least some TV highlights and “carrot” of an AMA Championship at the end of the series. Racers families and friends are more inclined to attend if they have racers racing an event of this magnitude.

2. The OEMs with 125s would certainly see sales increase due to the hype in the press and the riders that would buy multiple 125s just to run this type of a series. All OEMs would see parts sales related to restorations of these bikes increase as the hype builds around 125 racing in general. This type of thing always brings 2 stroke fans out of the woodwork. Aftermarket parts companies and motor mod companies win as well.

3. Encourages a step between minis and 250fs in an ultra cool way...

There has always been talk about how cool it would be to have some kind of Amateur National Championship Series that could be successful without damaging the prestige or attendance of Loretta’s, Mini Os, Daytona or any of the other Amateur Nationals. Well... this is certainly a good way to do that as it would simply be for 125 Amateur A and B riders instead of all the various classes.

|

#performanceedgeracing @tmracingusa @ride.prl @powerbandracing @vertexpistons @LS2helmetsus @hotrodsproducts @pivotworks @fmf73 @kendatire @mikametals @dt1filtersusa @sidimotousa @motoseat @dubyausa @xbrandgoggles @thormxofficial @g2ergonomics @tamer_holeshot_hookup @riskracingmoto @acerbisusa @nihiloconcepts @matrixconcepts @suzukiyamahaofdaltonga @mobiusbraces @sandboxkings @terry_varnermotorsports

7/3/2018 10:22 PM

racerx317 wrote:

Hopefully MX Sports sees the excitement of fans and racers related to these 125 class races and expand it next year. It seems ...more

I'm stabbing the LIKE buttonw00t

|

7/3/2018 10:23 PM

So, that's how my 125 is supposed to be ridden!

|

7/3/2018 10:30 PM

Tumblin wrote:

I'm stabbing the LIKE buttonw00t

I would absolutely love to see this happen and I would commit to running the entire East Coast series... and I know a bunch of others that would do the same.

|

#performanceedgeracing @tmracingusa @ride.prl @powerbandracing @vertexpistons @LS2helmetsus @hotrodsproducts @pivotworks @fmf73 @kendatire @mikametals @dt1filtersusa @sidimotousa @motoseat @dubyausa @xbrandgoggles @thormxofficial @g2ergonomics @tamer_holeshot_hookup @riskracingmoto @acerbisusa @nihiloconcepts @matrixconcepts @suzukiyamahaofdaltonga @mobiusbraces @sandboxkings @terry_varnermotorsports

7/3/2018 10:37 PM

Radical wrote:

LOL. Sad? Depressed?

|

7/3/2018 11:08 PM

Radical wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

LOL. Sad? Depressed?

No, Just hoping to learn to ride like that. Maybe I'll try it this weekend in the 50+ Beginner class smile Lol!

|

7/3/2018 11:30 PM

Radical wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

LOL. Sad? Depressed?

Radical wrote:

No, Just hoping to learn to ride like that. Maybe I'll try it this weekend in the 50+ Beginner class smile Lol!

Hey, as long as you have fun trying/doing it WGAF.

Isn't there a saying that goes something like "If it sounds fast, you look fast"? or something similar?

|

7/3/2018 11:45 PM

Only thing interesting to me was Villo, Hahn, Durham…remove the pros and personally I'm out.

|

7/4/2018 1:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2018 2:07 AM

abomination wrote:

Only thing interesting to me was Villo, Hahn, Durham…remove the pros and personally I'm out.

There were a lot of former pros racing the race

|

7/4/2018 3:19 AM

Full results?

|

7/4/2018 3:31 AM

|

7/4/2018 4:37 AM

racerx317 wrote:

Hopefully MX Sports sees the excitement of fans and racers related to these 125 class races and expand it next year. It seems ...more

Or could always go 125 for kids ( up to 16??) and put ‘all stars’ on 250’s

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

7/4/2018 4:42 AM

Awesome

|

7/4/2018 5:14 AM

Yep, Patrick Barton. If it’s the same one, was the Southwick hotshot from the late 80s.

|

7/4/2018 5:33 AM

Is it just me, or do some of those things sound like the displacement is a... how do we say... a little over 125cc?

|

7/4/2018 5:55 AM

While watching this, I was reflecting on the absolute space age (at the time) LA Fire Dept. all red RC-125 that Marty Smith had in 1974. And as how bleeding edge cool it was, these 125s are so much better. Today's tiddlers are not your grandpa's 125.

Makes me want to go racing 125s.

|

7/4/2018 6:54 AM

shuggs wrote:

Or could always go 125 for kids ( up to 16??) and put ‘all stars’ on 250’s

I thought about that too, but it would take too much time out of press day and the National. Even my idea above will take them to their time limit. The need something that’ll bring the masses as well. 250 2 strokes are cool, but there is nothing cooler than everything about a 125 Race.

|

7/4/2018 7:15 AM

Huckster wrote:

Full results?

The Racer X video ends showing the full results

|

7/4/2018 8:05 AM

I would love to see Robbie Reynard ride one of these.

|

7/4/2018 8:29 AM

Thanks for posting Mav. Love going back and watching these.

|

7/4/2018 9:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2018 9:46 AM

abomination wrote:

I should’ve clarified better... I think legends and former pros should absolutely be part of it as it adds even more excitement to it. However, having an active, points earning pro, move back from 250s or 450s to Race 125 is who I don’t think should be allowed to run it. I think RV, Durham, etc... is awesome and they’re obviously beatable by the young gun amateurs as we’ve seen making it even better and more exciting.

|

7/4/2018 10:11 AM

Awesome stuff right there.

|

7/4/2018 8:25 PM

Billy Ainsworth Helmet Cam

?rel=0

Doug Dubach Helmet Cam

?rel=0

Carlo Coen Helmet Cam

?rel=0

John Ayers Helmet Cam

?rel=0
|

7/4/2018 11:28 PM

racerx317 wrote:

Quoting simply because your post didn't get the recognition it deserves.

Awesome idea.

|