Racer X Illustrated Issue #1

tblazier
This is my look back at the complete first issue of Racer X Illustrated from all the way back in 1998.

|
MXATC
Fantasy
2373rd
11/11/2019 7:22am
Somewhere in my shop I have that issue in a box. Along hundreds of others as well. Thanks for sharing Tony!
brocster
11/11/2019 7:57am
Still have it as well. Have the first few, maybe a year, of Inside motocross also. Don’t know why I chose to hang on to them but I did. They made it through several moves and the purging of things that go along with it.
BIGRIGGIN
11/13/2019 4:19am
I’ve subscribed since issue 1. Best moto mag ever, HOWEVER, can’t stand the format they use now with the thick page sections of advertising. Totally ruins the flow of the magazine for me. Every time I sit down on the shitter and open up the mag it now defaults to a 20 PGE ad section, Lame.

The Shop

Bearuno
11/13/2019 6:39am
I'm in the process of reclaiming some space, so, for the last 6 weeks, I've been throwing out Thousands of magazines that I'd kept from the 70s until now. And, I Do mean Thousands . I would get, regularly, 20 + magazines a month, as well as a few bi-weekly, and weekly one's.

I've every Racer X from when they went to the magazine format, and will be keeping them.

I've thrown out all my MXAs, Dirt Riders, Dirt Bikes, Bike, Superbike, Motorcycle International, Cycle , Cycle Guides, Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Popular Cycling, Modern Cycle, Moto, Sports Rider, AMCNs, Revs, Cycle News and one and on and on. Plus, decades of so many MTB publications. With using about 6 neighbours recycling bins and mine, at 70kg weight limits ( well, after the council jacked up about the 140kg I could fit in each bin) I estimate over 4000kg have gone to the recyclers.

I'm also keeping the Road Racer X mags I have - I can't bring myself to hoik Racer X stuff, and about 8 other mag collections I have. As well as selections of other mags with tests on my particular 'keeper' bikes' model years,,and various events over the decades. So, with the Mags I intend to keep, there's still thousands to put back into new shelving , in "The Book Room", as my Grand Nephews call it.

It's taking a lot to hoik all these magazine, but Racer X , I feel, is too good a magzine to get rid of.

Just needed to vent - it's been a bit traumatic ( 1st World 'problem', don't you think.....) binning printed matter that I've kept so long. Blush
11/13/2019 8:54am
I got what I believe is issue 2 from that year autographed by fro with him on the cover . If I wasn't working if share the pic. Got it at gatorback I believe. Could of been dilla.
11/14/2019 6:23am
tblazier wrote:
I just uploaded a pdf of the complete first issue to my blog as well if you would like to read the issue as well.

https://themotocrossvault.com/2019/11/11/racer-x-illustrated-issue-1/
WDSRCR wrote:
Requires a login Tblazier
Follow the link at the top that says "Or Go To the Motocross Vault".

Here's a direct link, maybe:

https://themotocrossvault.files.wordpress.com/2019/11/1-converted.pdf

Post a reply to: Racer X Illustrated Issue #1

The Latest