9/26/2017 4:05pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Why did it get pulled the first time?
GuyB bet the over
The Oracle
Fantasy
4263rd
9/26/2017 4:10pm
Did he get dropped or stopped wearing Oakley? Too much money for Oakley? Can't really tell if it's an airbrake or not.

Anyway, glad to see him making such progress. I believe in him when he says he'll line up at A1.
9/26/2017 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2017 4:17pm
The Oracle wrote:
Did he get dropped or stopped wearing Oakley? Too much money for Oakley? Can't really tell if it's an airbrake or not. Anyway, glad to see...
Did he get dropped or stopped wearing Oakley? Too much money for Oakley? Can't really tell if it's an airbrake or not.

Anyway, glad to see him making such progress. I believe in him when he says he'll line up at A1.
Good catch, those definitely aren't airbrakes. I know the HRC team in MXGP has both their riders in Fox from head to toe so maybe Fox wants a similar thing in the US? Also I'm pretty sure Oakley makes the Fox goggle or at least used to.

Man he looks fast though, can't wait to see him line up again!

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/26/2017 4:18pm
The Oracle wrote:
Did he get dropped or stopped wearing Oakley? Too much money for Oakley? Can't really tell if it's an airbrake or not. Anyway, glad to see...

He wasn't contracted to Oakley oddly enough.

Ken Roczen is a Fox athlete head-to-toe but Fox let Ken run a different goggle until they had one ready that he liked...which is the black one they're working on in this video...expect the launch of that around A1.

This is the reason why Ken didn't have a signature goggle that Oakley could sell, because he wasn't contracted with them.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/26/2017 4:19pm
Good catch, those definitely aren't airbrakes. I know the HRC team in MXGP has both their riders in Fox from head to toe so maybe Fox...
Good catch, those definitely aren't airbrakes. I know the HRC team in MXGP has both their riders in Fox from head to toe so maybe Fox wants a similar thing in the US? Also I'm pretty sure Oakley makes the Fox goggle or at least used to.

Gajser and Borbyshev are head-to-toe Fox athletes but Gajser wears a blacked out ProGrip goggle...even though he did team photoshoots in Fox goggles. I suspect he'll be in the new Fox goggle next year.
9/26/2017 4:21pm
ML512 wrote:
He wasn't contracted to Oakley oddly enough. Ken Roczen is a Fox athlete head-to-toe but Fox let Ken run a different goggle until they had one...

Ken Roczen is a Fox athlete head-to-toe but Fox let Ken run a different goggle until they had one ready that he liked...which is the black one they're working on in this video...expect the launch of that around A1.

This is the reason why Ken didn't have a signature goggle that Oakley could sell, because he wasn't contracted with them.
ML dropping the knowledge bombs, never knew he wasn't actually contracted with Oakley
The Oracle
Fantasy
4263rd
9/26/2017 4:23pm
ML512 wrote:
He wasn't contracted to Oakley oddly enough. Ken Roczen is a Fox athlete head-to-toe but Fox let Ken run a different goggle until they had one...

Clears things up. Thanks for being in the know. Excited to see what they've come up with.
jasonv43
9/26/2017 4:23pm
Seriously so badass to see where he is at right now. Just awesome!!!
9/26/2017 4:51pm
Good catch, those definitely aren't airbrakes. I know the HRC team in MXGP has both their riders in Fox from head to toe so maybe Fox...

ML512 wrote:
Gajser and Borbyshev are head-to-toe Fox athletes but Gajser wears a blacked out ProGrip goggle...even though he did team photoshoots in Fox goggles. I suspect he'll...
Gajser and Borbyshev are head-to-toe Fox athletes but Gajser wears a blacked out ProGrip goggle...even though he did team photoshoots in Fox goggles. I suspect he'll be in the new Fox goggle next year.
Interesting.. thanks for the info!
PEPE001
9/26/2017 5:13pm
Interesting to see a hydraulic clutch on his bike.
Camp332
9/26/2017 5:42pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2017 5:47pm
Refresh my memory. Was his left wrist fused? He seemed bummed about the lack of motion in the wrist. I thought the elbow was definitely going to be the bigger hurdle. His candidness and not sugar coating his comeback is really respectable.
mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
9/26/2017 10:49pm
Can anyone help this German moto head here:

What is he saying his biggest problems are right now? His shoulders and what? His calesses (is what I understand but can't find a translation for it)?!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
9/26/2017 11:01pm
mxmasta wrote:
Can anyone help this German moto head here: What is he saying his biggest problems are right now? His shoulders and what? His calesses (is what...

What is he saying his biggest problems are right now? His shoulders and what? His calesses (is what I understand but can't find a translation for it)?!

mxmasta
Fantasy
724th
9/26/2017 11:09pm
mxmasta wrote:
Can anyone help this German moto head here: What is he saying his biggest problems are right now? His shoulders and what? His calesses (is what...

EZZA 95B wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/26/216900/s1200_Screen_Shot_2017_09_27_at_4.00.09_pm.jpg[/img]

Thanks mate, I was guessing it was something like that.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
9/26/2017 11:11pm
mxmasta wrote:
Thanks mate, I was guessing it was something like that.
No worries man.
tek14
9/26/2017 11:16pm
He went from 3-screw adjust rear shock to old style one on video.
I hope FOX will make good roll-off system for new goggles. Bad roll-off systems have been problem
for some brands, you see all Oakley riders using laminated tearoffs even at mud races in GPs. Progrip was one
of first to have bigger roll-off film and still only 100% have came out good one after that.
9/26/2017 11:59pm
tek14 wrote:
He went from 3-screw adjust rear shock to old style one on video. I hope FOX will make good roll-off system for new goggles. Bad roll-off...
I hope FOX will make good roll-off system for new goggles. Bad roll-off systems have been problem
for some brands, you see all Oakley riders using laminated tearoffs even at mud races in GPs. Progrip was one
of first to have bigger roll-off film and still only 100% have came out good one after that.
3 Screw is KYB, but the other one? Showa or also KYB?
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
9/27/2017 2:13am
Not only is the guy riding again, he actually looks good already. Hope he makes steady progress without any setbacks. Go 94.
rpawley
9/27/2017 2:15am
I appreciate the honesty explaining what he is struggling with. I had my rotator cuff repaired at 31 and can't imagine racing like I did as a teen. Working out is hard enough with that shit. Pumped for Kennny
Crush
9/27/2017 2:47am
As much as it would or could suck if he just dominates(d) everything, I really hope his arm isn't a long term hassle to his riding or his health. Such a good rider to watch, it'd be a bummer if he just ends up with chronic arm pump or whatever. Fingers crossed we get some RC/JS or RV/RD years out of ET and K-Roc.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/27/2017 6:05am
tek14 wrote:
He went from 3-screw adjust rear shock to old style one on video. I hope FOX will make good roll-off system for new goggles. Bad roll-off...
#434 wrote:
3 Screw is KYB, but the other one? Showa or also KYB?
He did some comparison stuff that week. The three screw adjusted was a KYB, the center high and low speed they put on in the video was a Showa one.
Camp332
9/27/2017 6:08am
Camp332 wrote:
Refresh my memory. Was his left wrist fused? He seemed bummed about the lack of motion in the wrist. I thought the elbow was definitely going...
Refresh my memory. Was his left wrist fused? He seemed bummed about the lack of motion in the wrist. I thought the elbow was definitely going to be the bigger hurdle. His candidness and not sugar coating his comeback is really respectable.
Anyone? Was his left wrist fused?
Rocket88
9/27/2017 6:18am
I was at Pale Friday. Kenny is putting in the work. I like his comment about seat time. It seemed like he was on his bike more than he was off it. We are watching history in the making. Triumph of the will.
RbR
9/27/2017 8:13am
So Awesome!! Go Kenny!!
AzTrooper
9/27/2017 8:17am
Camp332 wrote:
Refresh my memory. Was his left wrist fused? He seemed bummed about the lack of motion in the wrist. I thought the elbow was definitely going...
Camp332 wrote:
Anyone? Was his left wrist fused?
I dont remember ever hearing of his wrist being fused. I do seem to remember him saying after one of his surgeries that they gave him a cadaver "piece" for lack of a better word. I'm pretty sure I remember him saying it was a joint but I could be wrong it might have been tendons,or ligaments or something. Heck I could be wrong about the whole cadaver part. Even if I'm remembering right I don't know if it was his wrist joint or not.
John
Camp332
9/27/2017 8:22am
AzTrooper wrote:
I dont remember ever hearing of his wrist being fused. I do seem to remember him saying after one of his surgeries that they gave him...
I dont remember ever hearing of his wrist being fused. I do seem to remember him saying after one of his surgeries that they gave him a cadaver "piece" for lack of a better word. I'm pretty sure I remember him saying it was a joint but I could be wrong it might have been tendons,or ligaments or something. Heck I could be wrong about the whole cadaver part. Even if I'm remembering right I don't know if it was his wrist joint or not.
John
I know! The amount of action he had done on his left arm is tough to remember it all. Hearing him in the interview saying that the fact he can't bend his wrist while standing is why I am curious about a fusion? Perhaps it's just going to take time for the motion to come back if there wasn't a fusion? Either way, I'm happy to see him ripping this quick already.

Post a reply to: Racer X Films: Ken Roczen Back on the Bike

The Latest