Racer X Films: Ken Roczen Back on the Bike

Related:
Create New Tag

9/26/2017 3:40 PM

It's back up.

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

9/26/2017 3:54 PM

Why did it get pulled the first time?

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

9/26/2017 4:05 PM

MxKing809 wrote:

Why did it get pulled the first time?

GuyB bet the over

|

9/26/2017 4:10 PM

Did he get dropped or stopped wearing Oakley? Too much money for Oakley? Can't really tell if it's an airbrake or not.

Anyway, glad to see him making such progress. I believe in him when he says he'll line up at A1.

|

- The Oracle

9/26/2017 4:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2017 4:17 PM

The Oracle wrote:

Did he get dropped or stopped wearing Oakley? Too much money for Oakley? Can't really tell if it's an airbrake or not.

Anyway, glad to see him making such progress. I believe in him when he says he'll line up at A1.

Good catch, those definitely aren't airbrakes. I know the HRC team in MXGP has both their riders in Fox from head to toe so maybe Fox wants a similar thing in the US? Also I'm pretty sure Oakley makes the Fox goggle or at least used to.

Man he looks fast though, can't wait to see him line up again!

|

9/26/2017 4:18 PM

The Oracle wrote:

Did he get dropped or stopped wearing Oakley? Too much money for Oakley? Can't really tell if it's an airbrake or not.

Anyway, glad to see him making such progress. I believe in him when he says he'll line up at A1.

He wasn't contracted to Oakley oddly enough.

Ken Roczen is a Fox athlete head-to-toe but Fox let Ken run a different goggle until they had one ready that he liked...which is the black one they're working on in this video...expect the launch of that around A1.

This is the reason why Ken didn't have a signature goggle that Oakley could sell, because he wasn't contracted with them.

|

9/26/2017 4:19 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

Good catch, those definitely aren't airbrakes. I know the HRC team in MXGP has both their riders in Fox from head to toe so maybe Fox wants a similar thing in the US? Also I'm pretty sure Oakley makes the Fox goggle or at least used to.

Man he looks fast though, can't wait to see him line up again!

Gajser and Borbyshev are head-to-toe Fox athletes but Gajser wears a blacked out ProGrip goggle...even though he did team photoshoots in Fox goggles. I suspect he'll be in the new Fox goggle next year.

|

9/26/2017 4:21 PM

ML512 wrote:

He wasn't contracted to Oakley oddly enough.

Ken Roczen is a Fox athlete head-to-toe but Fox let Ken run a different goggle until they had one ready that he liked...which is the black one they're working on in this video...expect the launch of that around A1.

This is the reason why Ken didn't have a signature goggle that Oakley could sell, because he wasn't contracted with them.

ML dropping the knowledge bombs, never knew he wasn't actually contracted with Oakley

|

9/26/2017 4:23 PM

ML512 wrote:

He wasn't contracted to Oakley oddly enough.

Ken Roczen is a Fox athlete head-to-toe but Fox let Ken run a different goggle until they had one ready that he liked...which is the black one they're working on in this video...expect the launch of that around A1.

This is the reason why Ken didn't have a signature goggle that Oakley could sell, because he wasn't contracted with them.

Clears things up. Thanks for being in the know. Excited to see what they've come up with.

|

- The Oracle

9/26/2017 4:23 PM

Seriously so badass to see where he is at right now. Just awesome!!!

|

How's My Posting?

Call 1-800-VITALMX

**Voted top 50 most prolific forum posters for 2016**

9/26/2017 4:51 PM

The Oracle wrote:

Did he get dropped or stopped wearing Oakley? Too much money for Oakley? Can't really tell if it's an airbrake or not.

Anyway, glad to see him making such progress. I believe in him when he says he'll line up at A1.

jorgechavez wrote:

Good catch, those definitely aren't airbrakes. I know the HRC team in MXGP has both their riders in Fox from head to toe so maybe Fox wants a similar thing in the US? Also I'm pretty sure Oakley makes the Fox goggle or at least used to.

Man he looks fast though, can't wait to see him line up again!

ML512 wrote:

Gajser and Borbyshev are head-to-toe Fox athletes but Gajser wears a blacked out ProGrip goggle...even though he did team photoshoots in Fox goggles. I suspect he'll be in the new Fox goggle next year.

Interesting.. thanks for the info!

|

9/26/2017 5:13 PM

Interesting to see a hydraulic clutch on his bike.

|

9/26/2017 5:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2017 5:47 PM

Refresh my memory. Was his left wrist fused? He seemed bummed about the lack of motion in the wrist. I thought the elbow was definitely going to be the bigger hurdle. His candidness and not sugar coating his comeback is really respectable.

|

United States of America

9/26/2017 10:49 PM

Can anyone help this German moto head here:

What is he saying his biggest problems are right now? His shoulders and what? His calesses (is what I understand but can't find a translation for it)?!

|

"Me fail English? That’s unpossible." - Ralph Wiggum

9/26/2017 11:01 PM

mxmasta wrote:

Can anyone help this German moto head here:

What is he saying his biggest problems are right now? His shoulders and what? His calesses (is what I understand but can't find a translation for it)?!

Photo

|

9/26/2017 11:09 PM

mxmasta wrote:

Can anyone help this German moto head here:

What is he saying his biggest problems are right now? His shoulders and what? His calesses (is what I understand but can't find a translation for it)?!

EZZA 95B wrote: Photo

Thanks mate, I was guessing it was something like that.

|

"Me fail English? That’s unpossible." - Ralph Wiggum

9/26/2017 11:11 PM

mxmasta wrote:

Thanks mate, I was guessing it was something like that.

No worries man.

|

9/26/2017 11:16 PM

He went from 3-screw adjust rear shock to old style one on video.
I hope FOX will make good roll-off system for new goggles. Bad roll-off systems have been problem
for some brands, you see all Oakley riders using laminated tearoffs even at mud races in GPs. Progrip was one
of first to have bigger roll-off film and still only 100% have came out good one after that.

|

9/26/2017 11:59 PM

tek14 wrote:

He went from 3-screw adjust rear shock to old style one on video.
I hope FOX will make good roll-off system for new goggles. Bad roll-off systems have been problem
for some brands, you see all Oakley riders using laminated tearoffs even at mud races in GPs. Progrip was one
of first to have bigger roll-off film and still only 100% have came out good one after that.

3 Screw is KYB, but the other one? Showa or also KYB?

|

9/27/2017 2:13 AM

Not only is the guy riding again, he actually looks good already. Hope he makes steady progress without any setbacks. Go 94.

|

9/27/2017 2:15 AM

I appreciate the honesty explaining what he is struggling with. I had my rotator cuff repaired at 31 and can't imagine racing like I did as a teen. Working out is hard enough with that shit. Pumped for Kennny

|

9/27/2017 2:47 AM

As much as it would or could suck if he just dominates(d) everything, I really hope his arm isn't a long term hassle to his riding or his health. Such a good rider to watch, it'd be a bummer if he just ends up with chronic arm pump or whatever. Fingers crossed we get some RC/JS or RV/RD years out of ET and K-Roc.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


9/27/2017 6:05 AM

tek14 wrote:

He went from 3-screw adjust rear shock to old style one on video.
I hope FOX will make good roll-off system for new goggles. Bad roll-off systems have been problem
for some brands, you see all Oakley riders using laminated tearoffs even at mud races in GPs. Progrip was one
of first to have bigger roll-off film and still only 100% have came out good one after that.

#434 wrote:

3 Screw is KYB, but the other one? Showa or also KYB?

He did some comparison stuff that week. The three screw adjusted was a KYB, the center high and low speed they put on in the video was a Showa one.

|

9/27/2017 6:08 AM

Camp332 wrote:

Refresh my memory. Was his left wrist fused? He seemed bummed about the lack of motion in the wrist. I thought the elbow was definitely going to be the bigger hurdle. His candidness and not sugar coating his comeback is really respectable.

Anyone? Was his left wrist fused?

|

United States of America

9/27/2017 6:18 AM

I was at Pale Friday. Kenny is putting in the work. I like his comment about seat time. It seemed like he was on his bike more than he was off it. We are watching history in the making. Triumph of the will.

|

9/27/2017 8:13 AM

So Awesome!! Go Kenny!!

|

9/27/2017 8:17 AM

Camp332 wrote:

Refresh my memory. Was his left wrist fused? He seemed bummed about the lack of motion in the wrist. I thought the elbow was definitely going to be the bigger hurdle. His candidness and not sugar coating his comeback is really respectable.

Camp332 wrote:

Anyone? Was his left wrist fused?

I dont remember ever hearing of his wrist being fused. I do seem to remember him saying after one of his surgeries that they gave him a cadaver "piece" for lack of a better word. I'm pretty sure I remember him saying it was a joint but I could be wrong it might have been tendons,or ligaments or something. Heck I could be wrong about the whole cadaver part. Even if I'm remembering right I don't know if it was his wrist joint or not.
John

|

9/27/2017 8:22 AM

AzTrooper wrote:

I dont remember ever hearing of his wrist being fused. I do seem to remember him saying after one of his surgeries that they gave him a cadaver "piece" for lack of a better word. I'm pretty sure I remember him saying it was a joint but I could be wrong it might have been tendons,or ligaments or something. Heck I could be wrong about the whole cadaver part. Even if I'm remembering right I don't know if it was his wrist joint or not.
John

I know! The amount of action he had done on his left arm is tough to remember it all. Hearing him in the interview saying that the fact he can't bend his wrist while standing is why I am curious about a fusion? Perhaps it's just going to take time for the motion to come back if there wasn't a fusion? Either way, I'm happy to see him ripping this quick already.

|

United States of America

9/27/2017 8:56 AM

He looks very comfort... a never mind.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.