Related:
Create New Tag

12/26/2017 6:52 AM

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

12/26/2017 7:08 AM

Says how much he likes the 18 but it's less than two weeks before A1 and he's riding a 17?

|

12/26/2017 7:19 AM

Don't mess with success! i'm sure that 17 is dialed in.

|

12/26/2017 8:27 AM

Cygrace74 wrote:

Says how much he likes the 18 but it's less than two weeks before A1 and he's riding a 17?

From a race team standpoint there's only two major changes since they swap the suspension anyhow...the engine mounts, which they swapped to the newer ones from the 18. Then there's the electric start, which weighs more...

|

12/26/2017 9:55 AM

They've got to be into their '18 bikes by now...so...
At first I was thinking, W T F? But...after thinking about it...I'd give a team a bit of credit for testing the e-start versus kicker engine and having the balls to let the riders say,"I like it better WITH OUT the e-start!"

From my understanding it's not just "lighter" but the weight placement makes the bike feel a bit different. And, yes, at that level someone like JB10 might very well notice the feel. The Honda AIN'T light to begin with...so...in a world of bikes that may be 10-15-20 pounds lighter and on tracks that're extremely demanding...against the competiton they're looking at...on FULL FACTORY BIKES....

I'd look for any advantage I could get.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

12/26/2017 10:16 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

They've got to be into their '18 bikes by now...so...
At first I was thinking, W T F? But...after thinking about it...I'd give a team a bit of credit for testing the e-start versus kicker engine and having the balls to let the riders say,"I like it better WITH OUT the e-start!"

From my understanding it's not just "lighter" but the weight placement makes the bike feel a bit different. And, yes, at that level someone like JB10 might very well notice the feel. The Honda AIN'T light to begin with...so...in a world of bikes that may be 10-15-20 pounds lighter and on tracks that're extremely demanding...against the competiton they're looking at...on FULL FACTORY BIKES....

I'd look for any advantage I could get.

And considering the team doesn't use titanium hardware, any additional weight loss can be helpful...but as you said, the placement is a big deal too.

|

12/26/2017 12:27 PM

Just so everybody knows, it is pretty easy to put the kickstarter back on the 18 if you want. It is about $500 in parts and takes about 30 minutes. But me... I should just go on a diet if I'm worried about the weight on my 18. Only reason I did was for the snowbike days. Having a backup kickstarter is pretty when it is pretty cold in the mornings is worth it.

|

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

12/26/2017 7:00 PM

ML512 wrote:

And considering the team doesn't use titanium hardware, any additional weight loss can be helpful...but as you said, the placement is a big deal too.

ML does MotoConcepts really not use titanium hardware? Do you know the reason?

|

12/26/2017 8:42 PM

Berlutti rebuilt a motor for me and i was at his house talking to him this week. They arent running ti and converted the 18 to kick start. Stamp it

|