Racer X: Cade Clason Addresses Positive Test

ML512
Fantasy
36th
11/3/2017 9:22am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2017 2:38pm
Piece from Matthes on what's up with Clason and trying to deal with WADA on his positive test for Adderall.

I am 100% for drug testing in our sport but it's clear that the Olympic four year cycle ban shouldn't be standard for all sports, plus there's a serious lack of communication between WADA and the athletes.

http://racerxonline.com/2017/11/03/privateer-profile-cade-clason-addres…
|
11/3/2017 9:27am
What a nightmare for Cade. When is the appropriate time to boycott the FIM?
kkawboy14
11/3/2017 9:31am
Stupidest process in the world if his account is correct. I would sue them for 1) having a stupid process 2) for not responding in a timely manner and 3) for being ugly and fat!

But he shouldn’t have taken adderall until he had the TUE in hand.......Homeschooling can be dangerous or in my case the Florida Public education system is dangerous
RonJon
11/3/2017 9:37am
The whole process seems shady to me. It seems like any time anyone in the American series has dealings with the FIM, it's a nightmare. It's a bummer for Cade because it looks like he made an effort to do the right thing. I never understood why the FIM had to be a sanctioning body on an American series.
kkawboy14
11/3/2017 9:41am
RonJon wrote:
The whole process seems shady to me. It seems like any time anyone in the American series has dealings with the FIM, it's a nightmare. It's...
The whole process seems shady to me. It seems like any time anyone in the American series has dealings with the FIM, it's a nightmare. It's a bummer for Cade because it looks like he made an effort to do the right thing. I never understood why the FIM had to be a sanctioning body on an American series.
Simple really, don’t take unapproved drugs until you have a TUE in hand!

The Shop

tprice07
11/3/2017 9:42am
ML512 wrote:
Piece from Matthes on what's up with Clason and trying to deal with WADA on his positive test for Adderall. I am 100% for drug testing...
Piece from Matthes on what's up with Clason and trying to deal with WADA on his positive test for Adderall.

I am 100% for drug testing in our sport but it's clear that the Olympic four year cycle ban shouldn't be standard for all sports, plus there's a serious lack of communication between WADA and the athletes.

http://racerxonline.com/2017/11/03/privateer-profile-cade-clason-addres…
Fairest thing is to let them all take whatever they want...if there are health issues with it then I guess that's the price they were willing to pay. Anything beyond that will reward the richest who can afford to stay ahead of the testing and pass.

Why is the testing necessary? For the safety of the athlete? If that's the case I guess maybe they shouldn't be ramping motorcycles 20ft.....
gt80rider
11/3/2017 9:43am
So, did he send his TUE to the FIM or to the drug testing agency? Any which way, there has to be a better way. And 4 years is 1000000% ridiculous for Cade or anyone in our sport!!!

Btw, for the real drug users, a lot of things have come to light in the UFC. Now the cheaters are taking enhancers that remain in the system for only a few hours. While training, they take them all the time, full well knowing if they get a surprise test that they can wait out the 3 to 4 hours it takes for them to test "clean".
kkawboy14
11/3/2017 9:43am
newmann wrote:
Karma?
That chic works for the FIM, she is the one who is fat and ugly!
scootch
11/3/2017 9:44am
How the fuq is the governing body for this sport (or lack there of) such a convoluted pile of dog shit.

I'm sure the meetings to discuss PED testing went something like this:

"Hey bro, should we test the riders for PEDs?"
"yeah dude, killer idea"
"how should we do it?"
"who fuqin knows man LOL let's use those people that do it for the Olympics haha"
"BRILLIANT!"
kkawboy14
11/3/2017 9:45am
gt80rider wrote:
So, did he send his TUE to the FIM or to the drug testing agency? Any which way, there has to be a better way. And...
So, did he send his TUE to the FIM or to the drug testing agency? Any which way, there has to be a better way. And 4 years is 1000000% ridiculous for Cade or anyone in our sport!!!

Btw, for the real drug users, a lot of things have come to light in the UFC. Now the cheaters are taking enhancers that remain in the system for only a few hours. While training, they take them all the time, full well knowing if they get a surprise test that they can wait out the 3 to 4 hours it takes for them to test "clean".
kkawboy14
11/3/2017 9:46am
scootch wrote:
How the fuq is the governing body for this sport (or lack there of) such a convoluted pile of dog shit. I'm sure the meetings to...
How the fuq is the governing body for this sport (or lack there of) such a convoluted pile of dog shit.

I'm sure the meetings to discuss PED testing went something like this:

"Hey bro, should we test the riders for PEDs?"
"yeah dude, killer idea"
"how should we do it?"
"who fuqin knows man LOL let's use those people that do it for the Olympics haha"
"BRILLIANT!"
You forgot 1 part:

7) how can we get the riders to pay for it?
mxb2
11/3/2017 9:54am
gt80rider wrote:
So, did he send his TUE to the FIM or to the drug testing agency? Any which way, there has to be a better way. And...

kkawboy14 wrote:
X2, kinda like, hey let's change the speed limits because I don't like the rules. A better idea read the rulebook. No system is perfect
Sparkey
11/3/2017 10:10am
can he race in Canada? Is that FIM sanctioned?
Mit12
11/3/2017 10:11am
I stand behind the penality that Stewart got because he did not even try to comply with the rules. In this case It is a shame that Cade tried to work the system and ends up getting worked by the system. WADA is giving him the the second worst penalty because he used the drug knowing that his first TUE request was rejected. They are not taking it into consideration that he made two attempts to do the right thing. When the first attempt at getting a TUE was rejected WADA should have worked with him to make it happen. The system is flawed.
loftyair
11/3/2017 10:13am
Drugs are the way now it seems. Get a TUE, then you're all good. Getting TUE, a few bucks does it. Like, tree-fiddy.
agn5009
11/3/2017 10:14am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2017 10:17am
gt80rider wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
X2, kinda like, hey let's change the speed limits because I don't like the rules. A better idea read the rulebook. No system is perfect
Maybe read the article. He sent the paper work in, the FIM contacted him and told him it was incorrect. He corrected whatever was filled out incorrectly and sent it back in. He never heard anything back from them so he figured everything was good to go. He then got his letter of suspension and later found out that it again wasn't processed correctly. No one bothered to notify him of that. Cade has been taking the medication since he was a child and has the records to show that.

I'm typically all for the "follow the rules" stuff but come on. This appears to be a huge mistake. This is nothing like JS7's situation from a few years ago.

Your logic is flawed. Cade never asked them to change anything. He's not disagreeing with having to get a TUE. He basically got boned because someone didn't do their job.
slowgti
11/3/2017 10:18am
Shouldn't the sanctioning body have a liaison between the athletes and WADA?

Someone that knows how the paperwork needs to be filled out, the time frame it usually takes to get an answer and the process to challenge a ruling. Seems like common sense, maybe that's the problem.
mxb2
11/3/2017 10:22am
kkawboy14 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Maybe read the article. He sent the paper work in, the FIM contacted him and told him it was incorrect. He corrected whatever was filled out...
Maybe read the article. He sent the paper work in, the FIM contacted him and told him it was incorrect. He corrected whatever was filled out incorrectly and sent it back in. He never heard anything back from them so he figured everything was good to go. He then got his letter of suspension and later found out that it again wasn't processed correctly. No one bothered to notify him of that. Cade has been taking the medication since he was a child and has the records to show that.

I'm typically all for the "follow the rules" stuff but come on. This appears to be a huge mistake. This is nothing like JS7's situation from a few years ago.

Your logic is flawed. Cade never asked them to change anything. He's not disagreeing with having to get a TUE. He basically got boned because someone didn't do their job.
Good points,. But why chance it if, he wasn't 100% sure he was good to go.? Now it cost him. Better to sit around for a lil bit longer then get suspended.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/3/2017 10:25am
Sparkey wrote:
can he race in Canada? Is that FIM sanctioned?
Cade won't be able to race in Canada starting 2018. The CMRC was sold to the Jetwerx group and they're going to be affiliated with the FIM/CMA.

My guess is that he could maybe race in Australia if that's something that interests him and if he could get a ride. Other than that I don't think there's other series big enough for him to make a living.

Hopefully things get sorted asap and that he won't be banned for 4 years. That's just rediculous. FXR offering him a part-time job is another reason why I like that company. They truly care about the people they support. If you're looking for a new set of gear consider them.
agn5009
11/3/2017 10:29am
mxb2 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Maybe read the article. He sent the paper work in, the FIM contacted him and told him it was incorrect. He corrected whatever was filled out...

mxb2 wrote:
Good points,. But why chance it if, he wasn't 100% sure he was good to go.? Now it cost him. Better to sit around for a...
Good points,. But why chance it if, he wasn't 100% sure he was good to go.? Now it cost him. Better to sit around for a lil bit longer then get suspended.
I don't think it ever crossed his mind that the paperwork wasn't correct. I think he thought that since they told him exactly what to correct the first time and he corrected it, sent it in and didn't hear back he figured it was done correctly and he was good to go. It's not like they notified him a second time that it was incorrect and he just said screw it, I'm not turning it in again.
aeffertz
11/3/2017 10:30am
gt80rider wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Except that's not even close. It's a medication he's prescribed to live a normal life and filed the correct paper work. Not something he wants to take for fun. The whole process and communication is absolutely trash.
jrminiquad
11/3/2017 10:32am
I would assume that Cade has to be an AMA member in order to race Suppercross / Motocross. If he is a card carrying/paying member, why is the AMA not going up to bat for him?

Maybe he's in it just for their roadside assistance, like most of us.
kkawboy14
11/3/2017 10:32am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2017 10:36am
kkawboy14 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:

We read it, he took the drug BEFORE he had a TUE.....nothing really matters after that!
mxb2
11/3/2017 10:32am
kkawboy14 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
Except that's not even close. It's a medication he's prescribed to live a normal life and filed the correct paper work. Not something he wants to...
Except that's not even close. It's a medication he's prescribed to live a normal life and filed the correct paper work. Not something he wants to take for fun. The whole process and communication is absolutely trash.
Agreed on the communication system. Needed fixed.
aeffertz
11/3/2017 10:34am
Plus I feel like they totally back stabbed him. He tried to do the right thing and filled out the necessary paper work. They never responded and ignored him.

Then they randomly drug test him. You have to think they only tested him because he filed the paper work saying he's prescribed Adderall. Whens the last time they randomly drug tested a privateer that wasn't even making all the main events? Total BS, in my opinion.
spd721
11/3/2017 10:35am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2017 10:36am
So Cade gets penalized for FIM not doing their job??? This issue and the issue with James are all the reasons to get the FIM out of an American series.
kkawboy14
11/3/2017 10:35am
kkawboy14 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:
Except that's not even close. It's a medication he's prescribed to live a normal life and filed the correct paper work. Not something he wants to...
We aren’t disagreeing with you, we all think it’s a joke and a waste of money BUT as a PRO who has a minimal education who functioned for years without the drug.......get the TUE in hand BEFORE taking it OR if you can’t live without the particular drug, quit racing until you have the TUE in hand!
Xeno
11/3/2017 10:36am
IMO- Feld made a big mistake by partnering with the FIM.
c0ncEpT
11/3/2017 10:43am
WADA has done absolutely NOTHING for our sport. Not 1 legitimate positive test IMO. The fact that they are suspending people for "improper paperwork" is an absolute joke.
tcallahan707
11/3/2017 10:43am
What's BS is the lack of communication on WADA's end. Accept, reject, please correct, this is what needs corrected, this is how to do it, etc. It's not that hard to send an email. It's not that hard to say "you will receive a response to your request within 7 days" so you will know if something fell through the cracks. It's not that hard to communicate with an athlete after you suspend them. When they can't work with the athletes to make sure they can compete legally, and instead leave them in limbo, then it shows where their interest lies.

On that note, I've communicated my frustrations with WADA via their contact form. We can all sit here and bitch about them and feel bad for Clason but that does no good. Maybe if we speak up, they will at least care about responding to the guy. Here is the link.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/contact-us

Post a reply to: Racer X: Cade Clason Addresses Positive Test

The Latest