Racer X: 2020 SX Preview Show

Related:
Create New Tag

12/16/2019 4:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2020 7:24 AM

Surprised this hasn’t been posted yet. Here is episode 1 in case you missed it!

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

Episode 4:

Episode 5: 250 Class

|

12/16/2019 4:58 PM

Here’s my hot take: Webb finishes outside the top 3 in the championship.

|

12/16/2019 5:26 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Wouldnt surprise me. He was a total non factor outdoors. Hes a tick off in outright pace.
His consistency was obviously better then everyone else.

|

12/16/2019 6:35 PM

aeffertz wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Wouldnt surprise me. He was a total non factor outdoors. Hes a tick off in outright pace.

How quickly we forget that Webb won more sx races than anyone last year......

|

12/16/2019 6:50 PM

aeffertz wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Dave538 wrote:

I didnt forget anything. Marv n tomac both came in injured. Everything went webbs way. Even making a pass while out of control and cutting the track in the process. Not so sure it will all fall his way this year.

Outdoors where was he? Only race he did well was that mudder where he was able to block the only dry line. Same as he does in sx. Grab a start and block. Outdoors where theres more time and space to pass he cant do the holeshot and block as well and got smoked.

|

12/16/2019 6:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2019 7:12 PM

Steve looks pissed off.

|

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

12/16/2019 7:06 PM

I actually hope Eli gets it done this year for his mental health.

Has there been anyone else who is clearly, truly the fastest guy and just never got it done more than once. It's Bradshaw right, like he should have in 92 but that was it.

I'm sure his millions and outdoor titles are consolation to an extent but fuck it'd be a hard pill to swallow later I bet.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/16/2019 7:23 PM

I'm rooting for Eli, but wouldn't mind if Anderson takes it. As for Roczen I believe that ship has sailed however I want him to take a few SX race wins.

|

12/16/2019 7:58 PM

My hot take is that the title will be between eli vs roczen and they will win most of the races but at the end of the year we will say Ac was the fastest man. He will win 2 to 3 races but it could have been 8 races if he didnt crash or go off the track. He will have more speed than anyone.

|

12/16/2019 11:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2019 11:19 PM

magnetrax wrote:

Steve looks pissed off.

Orrrrr...thinking about his next non-moto related tweet.

|

12/16/2019 11:38 PM

I think Anderson might RE-surprise everyone n win it again. Rooting for AC tho

|

12/16/2019 11:48 PM

Great show. Thanks guys. Stoked for SX season

BTW does Weege post around here? How can a guy that much into MX not dabble in a bit of vital? Mystery handle like Boomslang?

|

12/17/2019 4:28 AM

aeffertz wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Dave538 wrote:

The heavy hitters came in injured and webb still cant touch eli in wins

|

12/17/2019 4:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2019 4:46 AM

aeffertz wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Dave538 wrote:

Yep, and he is a former two time 250 SX champion. He had a couple of bad years at Yamaha with injuries etc, but he didn't forget how to ride fast on a SX track.

I think Anderson is going to surprise some people.

|

12/17/2019 4:49 AM

Dave538 wrote:

Exactly....I watched him closely at the Dallas race where he caught Roczen at the last turn. He was better than everyone, faster, more consistent, and was taking more risk through the rhythm sections. If he can keep a cool head and confidence is on his side he'll be in the mix.

|

12/17/2019 7:50 AM

Adam and Brayton must not be forgotten. Both will
Be strong.

|

12/17/2019 8:13 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Dave538 wrote:

kb228 wrote:

You might want to check results from last year. Webb won more races than tomac. But don't let the facts get in the way....

|

12/17/2019 8:20 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Dave538 wrote:

Bramlett321 wrote:

Exactly....I watched him closely at the Dallas race where he caught Roczen at the last turn. He was better than everyone, faster, more consistent, and was taking more risk through the rhythm sections. If he can keep a cool head and confidence is on his side he'll be in the mix.

Those risks didn't catch up to him last year, just like the land on a tough block and make the pass. If even a few of those don't go his way it's a totally different picture by the end of the year. One or two missed rounds and your done

|

12/17/2019 8:24 AM

Dave538 wrote:

kb228 wrote:

Dave538 wrote:

You might want to check results from last year. Webb won more races than tomac. But don't let the facts get in the way....

Eli is an all timer. Webb isnt. Thats a fact.

|

12/17/2019 8:33 AM

kb228 wrote:

Dave538 wrote:

kb228 wrote:

And here's another fact, Webb's a 450 SX champion and Tomac isn't.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/17/2019 8:59 AM

How are people discrediting Webb? That dude mentally wore down the rest of the dudes over 17 rounds. “Luck” has nothing to do with it. Eli has plenty of chances to make a run but kept on being weird. I know he had a hurt back but he said on WTS after San Diego he was 100%.

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

12/17/2019 9:02 AM

The title is Eli's to lose. He's clearly the best American rider and has been for years.

|

12/17/2019 9:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2019 9:06 AM

Seems like the last sx type race Webb was in.....he didn’t look so good!

To me this years sx is gonna be a battle royal between Roczen, AC and Tomac!

These I think are gonna be a factor, Roczen losing his mechanic, AC and Tomac gaining Roczen mechanics experience.

|

12/17/2019 9:05 AM

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

The title is Eli's to lose. He's clearly the best American rider and has been for years.

Really? Because I could've sworn the best are rewarded with titles...

|

12/17/2019 9:12 AM

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I guess that would explain why he has more titles than any other current racer other than Reed. Look at all the title contenders over the past few years in SX and tell me who has been consistently better. Webb? No. Anderson? No. Roczen? Nope. I'll wait. Feel free to add up the points as well. I don't care who is best and I don't care if you agree. This isn't a fan post. It's simply the truth. Sorry to everyone who doesn't like him.

|

12/17/2019 9:35 AM

Dave538 wrote:

kb228 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

The best are rewarded with titles. Eli has 3. Webb has 1.

|

12/17/2019 9:40 AM

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

I guess that would explain why he has more titles than any other current racer other than Reed. Look at all the title contenders over the past few years in SX and tell me who has been consistently better. Webb? No. Anderson? No. Roczen? Nope. I'll wait. Feel free to add up the points as well. I don't care who is best and I don't care if you agree. This isn't a fan post. It's simply the truth. Sorry to everyone who doesn't like him.

I would say the title is Webb's to lose. He's the defending champ.

This thread is about Supercross, not about their entire career. He's not the best SX rider. If he was, he'd have clinched a title by now.

He's done great. No doubt about that, but he's still chasing the most important title on US soil. A 450 SX championship.

Can he get it done in 2020? I don't know, but it's going to be fun to watch, and I'm looking forward to it.

Just hope everyone comes in healthy. 18 more days...

|

12/17/2019 9:40 AM

kb228 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

kb228 wrote:

The best are rewarded with titles. Eli has 3. Webb has 1.

Thread is about SX not MX...

|

12/17/2019 9:47 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I would say the title is Webb's to lose. He's the defending champ.

This thread is about Supercross, not about their entire career. He's not the best SX rider. If he was, he'd have clinched a title by now.

He's done great. No doubt about that, but he's still chasing the most important title on US soil. A 450 SX championship.

Can he get it done in 2020? I don't know, but it's going to be fun to watch, and I'm looking forward to it.

Just hope everyone comes in healthy. 18 more days...

So in your opinion Webb and Anderson are better SX racers than Tomac and that’s based on only the fact that they have each won a championship?

|

12/17/2019 9:50 AM

Webb won't repeat............not sure who wins the title but he won't is my 2 cents............Tomac better have fixed the sx brain fades...........stacked class.........one or two bad races and any DNFs and you're probably done..........Dungey playbook................guy who's on the box most in 17 rounds wins!!

|