7/22/2019 3:17pm
What happened to Mike Brown ?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/22/2019 4:17pm
mb60 wrote:
I was told that in the confusion of the day's changing schedule, he didn't know they were still racing. He wasn't the only one.
dboivin
7/22/2019 4:34pm
mb60 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I was told that in the confusion of the day's changing schedule, he didn't know they were still racing. He wasn't the only one.
i would also bet he said "screw this, i'm gonna go get lost in the crowd". haha
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
7/22/2019 4:43pm
I'm a die hard 125 and 2-stroke guy and the 125 race at Spring Creek was disappointing

The Shop

bb252
7/22/2019 6:13pm
A friend of mine that raced it was told at the AMA tent it would be run at the end of the motos, then we saw 125s lining up before the second moto....
We barely made it in time
7/22/2019 11:39pm
One of my best friends won it with no side number plates, mismatched gear, goggles with 5 tear offs, and no socks on because it was so unorganized. He was in the infield with regular clothes on when they were lining up. Wait til his vlog comes on YouTube 😂 JoeyD243
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
7/23/2019 2:10am
One of my best friends won it with no side number plates, mismatched gear, goggles with 5 tear offs, and no socks on because it was...
One of my best friends won it with no side number plates, mismatched gear, goggles with 5 tear offs, and no socks on because it was so unorganized. He was in the infield with regular clothes on when they were lining up. Wait til his vlog comes on YouTube 😂 JoeyD243
Nice job by him! That sounds like a recurring dream I have and I imagine every else that has raced Moto, everyone is on the line and none of your gear fits and bike isn’t ready and can’t find anything.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/23/2019 11:03am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2019 11:06am
Here's a note from Chris Johnson, who was supposed to ride a Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/KTM/WPS 125.

There was a delayed schedule to start and they decided to run one round of practice and originally the 125 all-star deal wasn’t on the schedule... I walked over to the AMA truck and saw a sign posted written in sharpie that said the 125’s would practice following the final qualifying session (450Cool . I ran back to the truck, suited up, was about ready to rip and that’s when the second thunderstorm rolled through. They red flagged the 450A practice and everything was in limbo again, weren’t sure what they were going to do and there was rumor that they were going to cut the motos short. It could possibly be a one moto day depending on the lightning situation or a very long day to make sure the 2nd motos ran for the airing on NBC.

At the time Brown and I for sure thought they were just going to cancel the 125 race altogether. I finally got a copy of the schedule and the 125 race wasn’t on it. Brown and I walked up to watch the first 250 moto, got word that they were going to run a site lap for the 125’s in between the first and second motos and would race at the end of the day weather permitting. We both looked at each other and both were in agreement that there was no way we were going out to get muddy and roach the bikes just for a site lap. Not only that but the track would be completely different at the end of the day with how the conditions were. It’s not like we were qualifying and had to log times for a good gate position. We were sweet with just racing at the end of the day if it came down to that.

We didn’t think that would change, but apparently, we were wrong. Next thing we know we’re standing on the side of the track (watching the first 250 & 450 motos) and the 125’s are lining up on the gate. Apparently, there was a last-minute decision that they were going to proceed with running the 125 moto. Brown and I had no idea, we were both pretty bummed on the deal. The whole morning we were talking shit to each other and I told him I’d just school his ass like I did at Surfercross last year 😂. Brown and I get along really well and it’s cool to have a relationship like that with such a legend of the sport.

It is what it is, bummer deal, wish there would’ve been a little better communication but I totally understand the decision that was made last minute. The 125 all-star program is badass. For MX Sports to schedule it in like they did and still make the most of it was the right thing to do and I totally respect them for that. Brown and I should’ve been more on the ball.

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/23/2019 11:07am
One of my best friends won it with no side number plates, mismatched gear, goggles with 5 tear offs, and no socks on because it was...

7/23/2019 11:53am
GuyB wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/23/362076/s1200_072119springcreekracing8268.jpg[/img]

Perfect representation haha
NATEP231
7/23/2019 12:30pm
Did I hear it right, did he only have enough time to get only one knee brace on too?
7/23/2019 12:38pm
NATEP231 wrote:
Did I hear it right, did he only have enough time to get only one knee brace on too?
No he had both on one strap on each was fastened.
WeiserGuy
7/23/2019 12:42pm
Teejay wrote:
Nice job by him! That sounds like a recurring dream I have and I imagine every else that has raced Moto, everyone is on the line...
Nice job by him! That sounds like a recurring dream I have and I imagine every else that has raced Moto, everyone is on the line and none of your gear fits and bike isn’t ready and can’t find anything.
You to Teejay? I have that nightmare as well quite a bit.
Motoxtombo
7/23/2019 5:28pm
Teejay wrote:
Nice job by him! That sounds like a recurring dream I have and I imagine every else that has raced Moto, everyone is on the line...
WeiserGuy wrote:
You to Teejay? I have that nightmare as well quite a bit.
LOL, I used to have that nightmare too.
77Moto
7/23/2019 7:53pm
yak651 wrote:
I'm a die hard 125 and 2-stroke guy and the 125 race at Spring Creek was disappointing
Still the best sounding and smelling race of the day.

Plus, from the videos above, there were some great passes going on, especially the 2nd video up top.

Post a reply to: Racer X - 125 All Star Race Spring Creek

The Latest