Race fuel breaks Searles wrist?

Edited Date/Time 3/15/2014 12:21pm
Apparently his bike cut out going up the face of a big triple at the Thai GP, wrecking his bike and wrist.
They had to use race fuel supplied by Thailand due to import rules, lot of teams had problems today due to fuel boiling apparently?
Anyone know anymore yet?
|
philG
3/9/2014 1:57pm
thats pretty much it... they dont get to use what they normally run , because you cant take your own stuff into Thailand, the only stuff that is up to the job (supposedly) is their race fuel, which aint as good as it needs to be.... loads of fuel issues all weekend, and Searle's season is screwed .........if they cant provide the basics to let these guys run properly , then they shouldnt go there , especially with all the costs involved........

Fly halfway round the world , with your kit , and then we might manage to hurt your rider by giving you shit fuel..... totally beyond belief.
3/9/2014 2:16pm
Desalle was saying it was scary to do the jumps because he kept losing power.
Paulin and Frossard had bad results as well.
KTM didn't seem to have any problems though.
If it is the fuels fault for Searles wrist , they shouldn't race there again until someone sorts it out, the sport is dangerous enough already!!
3/9/2014 2:43pm
Desalle was saying it was scary to do the jumps because he kept losing power. Paulin and Frossard had bad results as well. KTM didn't seem...
Desalle was saying it was scary to do the jumps because he kept losing power.
Paulin and Frossard had bad results as well.
KTM didn't seem to have any problems though.
If it is the fuels fault for Searles wrist , they shouldn't race there again until someone sorts it out, the sport is dangerous enough already!!
But the promotor pays good money to bring the show to thailand, who gives a fuck about the riders...
c3011
3/9/2014 2:50pm
That's what you get from a second rate series..........

The Shop

Crush
3/9/2014 2:51pm
Ya Paulin just posted up a FB post saying he's pretty pissed too. Apparently he had fuel problems both motos and had to ride conservatively to get it home.

Not cool!
3/9/2014 3:18pm
It was a complete disaster for all Kawasaki riders today (Paulin, Frossard, Searle, Ferrandis, Tonus and Lupino). For the rider's safety, and for the championship's interest...

Shame on you and your system, mister Luongo !

AngryAngryAngry
BobbyM
3/9/2014 3:22pm
Mxgeoff anywhere in sight?
jeffro503
3/9/2014 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2014 3:26pm
Geez. You would think because it's a professional motosport , the country holding the event would allow the teams and the sanctioning body to decided which fuel they going to use.

That's like going to a Nascar race and having a certain state say " Hey....you can only use pump gas in the cars when you race here "............basically it makes little sense. And in Searles case......it just ruined his season. Ridiculous.
3/9/2014 3:38pm
It was a complete disaster for all Kawasaki riders today (Paulin, Frossard, Searle, Ferrandis, Tonus and Lupino). For the rider's safety, and for the championship's interest...

AngryAngryAngry
Why the kawasakis most of all , but not the factory KTMS? both Nicholls and Karro seemed to have problems ,both KTM
Socket946
3/9/2014 3:39pm
BobbyM wrote:
You know all he is going to do is tap dance both legs around the problem. I'm not a fan of the guy above that called the GP's a 2nd rate series.
3/9/2014 3:41pm
And why mainly in the second race of the day?
Anyone with some fuel knowledge?
3/9/2014 3:53pm
BobbyM wrote:
Socket946 wrote:
You know all he is going to do is tap dance both legs around the problem. I'm not a fan of the guy above that called...
You know all he is going to do is tap dance both legs around the problem. I'm not a fan of the guy above that called the GP's a 2nd rate series.
I'm not a fan of anyone calling it a 2nd rate series either but it is hard to argue with when the so called promoter doesnt look in to the consequences of allowing the use of 2nd rate fuel!
500guy
3/9/2014 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2014 4:07pm
Wow some of these guy's are crying more than us Arrogant Americans.

Why so negative ?

Lets go over the positives. 10 X more Spectators than Qatar 10 last week 100 this week

race wasn't at night and YS share holders looking for big gains.

One other point, if KTM were running better We can all assume KTM found a way to bring their own fuel aka Cheated.
Trav138
3/9/2014 4:15pm
What a fucking joke. I feel for the riders and the teams that are constantly being fucked over in that series. Some serious talent over there and the greed is ruining a great series.
plowboy
3/9/2014 4:34pm
That is some seriously non-excusable stuff there. Luongo should have to compensate Tommy and his team HEAVILY or ALL the teams should refuse to ride till he does. It could be their turn next time money is considered before safety. Race fuel isn't a LUXURY with these factory bikes.
motogrady
3/9/2014 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2014 5:25pm
for anyone to call the gps a 2nd rate show is just plain ignorant.

for the gp guys to complain, hey, it's part of GP game.

the gp's, they run anywhere, all conditions, all weather

the guy that embraced the problem, dealt with it, half a world away from home, more so the man, more so the winner.
Overdrive
3/9/2014 5:35pm
Are the riders slaves? If its unsafe then back it way down or don't ride. It is really that simple when you boil it down and if the promoter has a problem with that then come run in the US.

I love watching all the former GP guys ride(Ken rocks), great talent that shouldn't be wasted riding in the middle of BFE.
c3011
3/9/2014 6:03pm
Fuel problems in Thailand, security & track prep issues in Mexico, ridiculous attendance in the Middle East are all fairly recent big issues.
wow123
3/9/2014 6:23pm
They didn't "pay" the right people to "allow" imported fuel so someone in the youthstream group didn't do his job.

Major sponsor of the Thai MXGP is PTT the huge Thai petro/chem company

Lay the blame at them aswell, cause it would have been what they consider race fuel.

I couldn't work it out it smelled like plastic burning, many were insulating the tanks in the pits

Impossible for me to say how it affected the riders, but there were some big jumps

and as I said in the other thread herlings bike sounded different to others.
jeffro503
3/9/2014 8:35pm

AngryAngryAngry
Why the kawasakis most of all , but not the factory KTMS? both Nicholls and Karro seemed to have problems ,both KTM
Not all motors are built the same. Different internals , compression , timing and a bunch of other things determine weather a bike with run good on certain types of gas. It doesn't mean the motor is " better " or "worse" then the other ones.....just means it's more affected by poorly refined fuel.
shanes
3/9/2014 8:49pm
seams to be more than one Kawasaki that has stopped in the SX season far as well , maybe its more to do the kawasaki than the fuel itself ?

i lived and raced there for years and never had an issue with fuel , you can get good fuel there .
jeffro503
3/9/2014 9:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2014 9:05pm
shanes wrote:
seams to be more than one Kawasaki that has stopped in the SX season far as well , maybe its more to do the kawasaki than...
seams to be more than one Kawasaki that has stopped in the SX season far as well , maybe its more to do the kawasaki than the fuel itself ?

i lived and raced there for years and never had an issue with fuel , you can get good fuel there .
You're saying that the Kawi's have had issues in the American SX series? Who , when and where? More than the other brands?

And FWIW shane........you are riding a production bike , bought from a show room floor.......in no way , shape or form is your stock bike anything like what the works GP bikes are like. Those factory bike "Require " a high grade race fuel to run correctly. Everyone that follows this sport knows that......so i don't understand what you are saying here.

There were other teams who had issues with the fuel as well....not just kawi.
rrjr
3/9/2014 9:21pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2014 9:25pm
shanes wrote:
seams to be more than one Kawasaki that has stopped in the SX season far as well , maybe its more to do the kawasaki than...

jeffro503 wrote:
You're saying that the Kawi's have had issues in the American SX series? Who , when and where? More than the other brands? And FWIW shane........you...
You're saying that the Kawi's have had issues in the American SX series? Who , when and where? More than the other brands?

And FWIW shane........you are riding a production bike , bought from a show room floor.......in no way , shape or form is your stock bike anything like what the works GP bikes are like. Those factory bike "Require " a high grade race fuel to run correctly. Everyone that follows this sport knows that......so i don't understand what you are saying here.

DW15 and AC46 have both had issues with their bikes crapping out on them this year in SX.

Dean Wilson was seriously injured during off season training when his engine died on the face of a jump.

As far as what types of bikes Shanes has rode or owned in the past~ I'd bet everything I own that most of them were not stock production bikes. Just like in AMA/FIM racing they might have started as stock production bikes, but they didn't stay that way for very long.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
3/9/2014 9:23pm
In the racer x article, they were saying how the fuel tanks are designed is the reason why the jap bikes were having more problems than the ktms with the shitty fuel.
enketchum
3/9/2014 11:08pm
I would smuggle in my own fuel over the boarders or not race. I would line up on the starting line, then kill the bike when the gate dropped so a large audience world see my display
shanes
3/9/2014 11:43pm
shanes wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
You're saying that the Kawi's have had issues in the American SX series? Who , when and where? More than the other brands? And FWIW shane........you...

rrjr wrote:
DW15 and AC46 have both had issues with their bikes crapping out on them this year in SX. Dean Wilson was seriously injured during off season...
DW15 and AC46 have both had issues with their bikes crapping out on them this year in SX.

Dean Wilson was seriously injured during off season training when his engine died on the face of a jump.

As far as what types of bikes Shanes has rode or owned in the past~ I'd bet everything I own that most of them were not stock production bikes. Just like in AMA/FIM racing they might have started as stock production bikes, but they didn't stay that way for very long.
rrjr you are correct

very stock don't you think

and 186 hp at the rear wheel ex factory honda , you can't even buy most of the parts in this engine
jeffro503
3/10/2014 12:03am
The PC 250F's are nothing like the 450 GP bikes. In fact , the problem was mentioned as an " Electrical " problem on those bikes and something the PC team is using.....something after market. Two completely different things going on here.

And Shane.....yes , those are stock bikes you have with some hop-up parts. Nice looking bikes for sure.....but far from a $100,000 factory bike.
Brent
3/10/2014 12:07am
That's a shame if it is true about the fuel. Isn't that the promoter's job to check the fuel quality ?

Luongo has such a death grip on this series that if its proven that the fuel was shit and caused Searle's crash, nothing will happen anyway.

First rate series and racers, 3rd rate promoter. GP riders need to be treated better than this.
The Rock
3/10/2014 12:41am Edited Date/Time 3/10/2014 12:41am
I can imagine everyone feels bad about this including the Thai promoter. He could not be more excited to have a race in Thailand.6

Brent- I don't think that is an accurate statement nothing will happen anyway.

Post a reply to: Race fuel breaks Searles wrist?

The Latest