Race bike vs Training bike

Lemon100
1/31/2018 2:46am
I seen a pic from Martin davalos where he show his race bike and his training bike but my question is , what are de difference between this 2 bike ? only the engine ? Is it not weird to ride all week with a bike and the week end ride a bike with a different engine with more power ?
|
GangGreen
1/31/2018 3:42am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2018 3:44am
Lemon100 wrote:
I seen a pic from Martin davalos where he show his race bike and his training bike but my question is , what are de difference...
I seen a pic from Martin davalos where he show his race bike and his training bike but my question is , what are de difference between this 2 bike ? only the engine ? Is it not weird to ride all week with a bike and the week end ride a bike with a different engine with more power ?
I'm sure the "Race Bike" has all the costly titanium bits, but if it's a 250F, those things are time-bombs. Due to the severely outdated 'Double-Displacement Rule" still being in place in Professional Racing, most riders either train on a Big-Bore 250F or a 450cc bike. It's too expensive for a privateer to build up a competitive 250F, and then ride it for hours practicing. The Big-Bore 250F is closer to the costly modified 250F and much better than stock. Two-Stroke 250cc bikes being able to race in the Lites Class would solve this costly mistake. If Davalos is on a 450cc motorcycle, it's probably just high dollar suspension, better wheels,stock engine, etc.
hillbilly
1/31/2018 3:53am
They are all big bores. Seen any tore down lately?
JB 19
1/31/2018 4:07am
Eleven 10 got tore down about 5 years ago when they were ripping holeshots and doing well. It was a legal engine. Seemed crooked that they got singled out when they were doing so well.
kb228
1/31/2018 4:20am
Arent they identical bikes? Race bike is brand new though

The Shop

MotoChris
1/31/2018 4:41am
Lemon100 wrote:
I seen a pic from Martin davalos where he show his race bike and his training bike but my question is , what are de difference...
I had the same concerns about practicing on a bike that wasn't identical to the race bike in every way even as an amateur. I alway tried to make sure that our practice bike and race bike we set up exactly the same (bar position and lever position, power, suspension etc.) I'm sure some riders are more sensitive to change but over the years I figured out that my son really wasn't affected by any minor difference and seemed to adapt well and quickly.
Donovan759
1/31/2018 4:48am
JB 19 wrote:
Eleven 10 got tore down about 5 years ago when they were ripping holeshots and doing well. It was a legal engine. Seemed crooked that they...
Eleven 10 got tore down about 5 years ago when they were ripping holeshots and doing well. It was a legal engine. Seemed crooked that they got singled out when they were doing so well.
I remember that. Shame... They built some excellent race bikes.
Lemon100
1/31/2018 5:58am
In the video "science of supercross " mitch payton explain that , on a 250f , the engine for a practice bike have a lifetime of 15H and the race bike 4H so I think the only differences are the engine between the 2 bikes. But I dont understand how a guy can practice all week on a bike with less power and than the week end ride a "other bike....
Kawi15
1/31/2018 6:50am
I do not think they have a problem adjusting from practice bike to race bike. Sure there are differences, but they ride both enough to know what they are, and I am sure by the time practice is over they are dialed in. What you are asking would be similar to how can a guy practice at one pace during the week, and then come race day it increases. How can they raise the intensity like that? They just adjust.
dshaw45
1/31/2018 7:30am
Transworld just did a check out my bike video with AC. In that video he mentioned the practice bike having parts that anyone can buy and the race bike being much faster and tricked out. I'm sure they are still running their amazing suspensions that not many people have access too but other than that it sounds like just bolt on parts.
Asimo
1/31/2018 9:26am
hillbilly wrote:
They are all big bores. Seen any tore down lately?
Hahaha zing...
hillbilly
1/31/2018 1:36pm
JB 19 wrote:
Eleven 10 got tore down about 5 years ago when they were ripping holeshots and doing well. It was a legal engine. Seemed crooked that they...
Donovan759 wrote:
Maybe they got a call to be legal that day

Ever sport is cheated in.

The way to do it now is with the multi injectors they are using.

Be easy to hide trick fuel in the frame to dump in all race or when needed. Easy.

They may get tore down in sx.dunno.since it is film but outdoors no company is gonna protest if they all do it which is what I was told by someone e who would know.
yz133rider
1/31/2018 3:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2018 3:15pm
JB 19 wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
Maybe they got a call to be legal that day Ever sport is cheated in. The way to do it now is with the multi injectors...

Be easy to hide trick fuel in the frame to dump in all race or when needed. Easy.

They may get tore down in sx.dunno.since it is film but outdoors no company is gonna protest if they all do it which is what I was told by someone e who would know.
Theres no rules about injectors so your hidden injectors are literally pointless.

Misread. Seems u may be talking about better fuel?
Dropbear
1/31/2018 4:04pm
I think it is mainly to keep fitness by pounding out laps on the worn bike and relish the sharpness of the race bike on race day
Braaaphole
1/31/2018 4:24pm
hillbilly wrote:
Maybe they got a call to be legal that day Ever sport is cheated in. The way to do it now is with the multi injectors...

Frames do get inspected, or they used to. Remember in 02 or 03 when RC was docked for Honda thinning the inner walls of his frame to add flex? There are ways to cheat, but that would be an easy one to find during an inspection.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
1/31/2018 5:18pm
JB 19 wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:

I see a few top 250s get torn down every year in SX. In the past three years I've seen GEICO, Star, PC, etc stripped to the frame and the engine torn down...

It happens after the main and media is typically at press conference, so there usually isn't much said about it unless something was found. The fuel pump thing in the frame is absolutely laughable...pretty easy to see the dual injector systems and where the fuel is coming from...stand around a pit all day and you'll see them popped far enough apart to examine all that.

Post a reply to: Race bike vs Training bike

The Latest