Race Tech?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/23/2020 8:19 AM

Does anybody know what's up with Race Tech? Multiple calls, voicemails, emails over the past 3-4 weeks and no answer or response. They've always been fast and responsive, so I'm confused as to what's going on at the moment... Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

|

10/23/2020 8:51 AM

I don’t know, but the Paul Thede I knew and dealt with years ago was smart as fuck and a stand-up dude. I doubt they’d just outright rip you off. I would chalk it up to unusual Covid pandemic times and keep trying.

|

10/23/2020 8:52 AM

One of their guys is pretty active on here so you should get an answer soon. Can't recall his name.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

10/23/2020 9:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/27/2020 6:48 PM

Rickyisms wrote:

One of their guys is pretty active on here so you should get an answer soon. Can't recall his name.

Chris Riesenberg, I'll let him know.

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

10/23/2020 9:29 AM

I can't speak for emails but I had to order some parts online from them last week and I received them in 2 days.

|

10/23/2020 9:59 AM

richter28 wrote:

Does anybody know what's up with Race Tech? Multiple calls, voicemails, emails over the past 3-4 weeks and no answer or response. They've always been fast and responsive, so I'm confused as to what's going on at the moment... Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Are you calling HQ? Or a dealer?

|

10/23/2020 10:08 AM

Just want to clarify, nobody's ripping me off, just trying to order parts from them like I have a thousand times, and ask some tech questions about a product, but can't get through to anyone at HQ at the moment.

|

10/23/2020 11:10 AM

This has been a thing for a long time. This year with bike sales through the roof I imagine they are busy and spend so much time on the phone and answering emails it takes time to get back. Just spit ballin' here. I'm close enough to drive down though and see what's going on.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

10/23/2020 11:57 AM

I emailed a question yesterday morning and got an answer back same day.

|

2020 YZ450F
2018 KTM 450SXF FE
2016 YZ250F 2008 CRF450R
2015 YZ250F 2008 CRF250R
2001 CR250R
2010 YZ250 2012 CRF150R
2009 YZ125 2010 KX109.5
SSR Motorsports Dealer
TAGMX Suspension & Graphics! www.tagmxsuspension.com https://www.liquidskinzdesign.com/

10/23/2020 11:58 AM

sgrimmxdad wrote:

I emailed a question yesterday morning and got an answer back same day.

I am jealous

|

10/23/2020 12:15 PM

richter28 wrote:

Sent you a PM with my email and personal cell number to get you taken care of.

|

Race Tech Director of Marketing
www.racetech.com
Proud supporters of VitalMX. Ask me about the VitalMX Discount!

10/23/2020 12:25 PM

Are you accidentally calling varner and not Race Tech?

|

10/23/2020 2:33 PM

Riesenberg448 wrote:

Appreciate it will get ahold of you now.

|

10/23/2020 3:04 PM

Riesenberg448 wrote:

Stand up guy right here! Respect in this day

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

10/23/2020 3:10 PM

richter28 wrote:

Riesenberg448 wrote:

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Stand up guy right here! Respect in this day

That just solidified my decision, racetech will be doing my next set of suspension.

|

10/24/2020 12:54 AM

a little off topic but did you guys hear that kenny moved to san clemente?

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

10/24/2020 1:41 AM

bvm111 wrote:

a little off topic but did you guys hear that kenny moved to san clemente?

Heard Desaille is going to take Kenny's outdoor spot on the hrc, so Kenny can focus on being zen.

|

10/24/2020 4:51 AM

It’s been hit or miss for me. The latest gold valve kit I tried in my 19 kx450 was so atrocious I pulled it out after one ride. And the one and only time I ever ordered directly from race tech I mentioned keefer/pulp mx for the discount and they added 10 percent instead of taking it away. They didn’t even refund me they just gave me a shitty 15 dollar coupon I could only use with them. Needless to say I support my local tuner now.

|

10/24/2020 5:30 AM

bh wrote:

It’s been hit or miss for me. The latest gold valve kit I tried in my 19 kx450 was so atrocious I pulled it out after one ride. And the one and only time I ever ordered directly from race tech I mentioned keefer/pulp mx for the discount and they added 10 percent instead of taking it away. They didn’t even refund me they just gave me a shitty 15 dollar coupon I could only use with them. Needless to say I support my local tuner now.

How is that related in any way to the OP?

|

10/27/2020 11:58 AM

bh wrote:

Can you give me some more details on this? We have nothing in our system that would add 10% and we have no such thing as a 15 dollar coupon either.

We also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on our Gold Valve kits, so if you weren't satisfied we'd do everything we can to make you love it or refund you.

Finally, we also support local tuners. That is the point of the Gold Valve kit and our business in general is to supply, teach, and be a resource for local tuners.

I'm sorry about your poor experience and with more details will do what I can to make it right.

|

Race Tech Director of Marketing
www.racetech.com
Proud supporters of VitalMX. Ask me about the VitalMX Discount!

10/27/2020 6:46 PM

Quick update from me, just got my tracking email from Race Tech... thanks Chris for getting things situated.

|

10/27/2020 7:19 PM

A little off topic but did you guys hear that Prado caught the Covid ?

|

10/27/2020 8:16 PM

bh wrote:

I call bullshit on your whole post.
Photo

|

Ed Johnson

10/28/2020 7:50 AM

Sounds like its right on par even before Covid.

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

10/28/2020 7:53 AM

bh wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Photo

Yeah, race tech is an awesome company. Everything in his post is literally the opposite of my personal experience and the experience of others I know.

|

10/28/2020 8:18 AM

bh wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Photo

agn5009 wrote:

Yeah, race tech is an awesome company. Everything in his post is literally the opposite of my personal experience and the experience of others I know.

Ive had good luck with their kits before but this latest kit I used combined with the one and only time i bought something from race tech directly left a really sour taste in my mouth. And to the moron who called bs on my post here is the invoice and the email I received.

Photo

Photo

|

10/28/2020 8:24 AM

bh wrote:

Riesenberg448 wrote:

Can you give me some more details on this? We have nothing in our system that would add 10% and we have no such thing as a 15 dollar coupon either.

We also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on our Gold Valve kits, so if you weren't satisfied we'd do everything we can to make you love it or refund you.

Finally, we also support local tuners. That is the point of the Gold Valve kit and our business in general is to supply, teach, and be a resource for local tuners.

I'm sorry about your poor experience and with more details will do what I can to make it right.

I posted the invoice in the post above. I would take you up on getting my money back but I didn't buy it directly from race tech. And coupon was probably the wrong word to use. She called it a credit.

|

10/28/2020 8:35 AM

bh wrote:

Riesenberg448 wrote:

bh wrote:

I posted the invoice in the post above. I would take you up on getting my money back but I didn't buy it directly from race tech. And coupon was probably the wrong word to use. She called it a credit.

So you didn't buy directly from Race Tech but it's their fault that another company mistakenly added the 10% instead of removing it... AND THEN they admitted their mistake and fixed it?

Right.

|

10/28/2020 8:39 AM

Riesenberg448 wrote:

bh wrote:

ga_pike wrote:

So you didn't buy directly from Race Tech but it's their fault that another company mistakenly added the 10% instead of removing it... AND THEN they admitted their mistake and fixed it?

Right.

no no no. I bought a spring from directly from race tech. Checkers is talking about the gold valve kits which I bought from ebay. 2 different things.

|

10/28/2020 8:55 AM

bh wrote:

ga_pike wrote:

Right.

bh wrote:

no no no. I bought a spring from directly from race tech. Checkers is talking about the gold valve kits which I bought from ebay. 2 different things.

So... a mistake was made and they fixed it?

|