Race SoCal

A few buddies & I are doing this trip later in the year & I wanted to hear from anyone who has done the trip already. Regale me with your experiences, what do you recommend, any tips/traps etc.
We want to "party in Temecula", what are some of the better spots you went to.
Thanks in advance.
|
Brent
3/19/2018 6:41pm
Don't be too disappointed when you get here, trust me when I say that Temecula is NOT a destination town.

Go to San Diego instead.
Kyle978
3/19/2018 6:48pm
Brent wrote:
Don't be too disappointed when you get here, trust me when I say that Temecula is NOT a destination town.

Go to San Diego instead.
What he said.

If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you? Might help give me a better idea of suggesting where to stay and party.

Can’t speak on race SoCal, but any of those types of places will bring a bike to the track for you and you just bring yourself. Can’t go wrong with any of them, I’m sure.

I have lived in Temecula, San Diego and now Orange County so I can definitely help you out with some hotspots for your age group.
3/20/2018 1:24am
Brent wrote:

Go to San Diego instead.
Kyle978 wrote:
What he said. If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you? Might help give me a better idea of suggesting where to stay and...
What he said.

If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you? Might help give me a better idea of suggesting where to stay and party.

Can’t speak on race SoCal, but any of those types of places will bring a bike to the track for you and you just bring yourself. Can’t go wrong with any of them, I’m sure.

I have lived in Temecula, San Diego and now Orange County so I can definitely help you out with some hotspots for your age group.
Thanks Gents.
I'll never believe anything Matthes says on Pulp again, he said all the wayward mx stars party in Temecula.
Race SoCal house is in Menifee so anywhere close to that. We are all 25-30.
Any suggestions are welcomed.
Kyle978
3/20/2018 8:06am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2018 8:11am
Thanks Gents. I'll never believe anything Matthes says on Pulp again, he said all the wayward mx stars party in Temecula. Race SoCal house is in...
Thanks Gents.
I'll never believe anything Matthes says on Pulp again, he said all the wayward mx stars party in Temecula.
Race SoCal house is in Menifee so anywhere close to that. We are all 25-30.
Any suggestions are welcomed.
You generally won't find any relevant riders partying in Temecula, maybe on a single occasion in September/October, but most are smart enough to realize there's a lot of people with cell phones that shoot video/pictures. With such a high concentration of the moto industry and fans being in the IE, they wouldn't be relaxed and able to be themselves. Matthes takes these made-up scenarios and runs with them for his shows benefit.

If you're staying in Murrieta, old town Temecula will be your hang out. 1909 is good for brunch and lunch, and lots of babes. Luke's on Front is a rooftop restaurant/bar with awesome food and a good atmosphere. For night life, Blackbird's Tavern and Stampede are the two spots. Blackbird's is more you hip-hop crowd, Stampede is more country with line-dancing and all that shit. If there are any days you aren't riding and need to fill some time, Temecula wine country is a lot of fun to go to the different wineries and get fucked up. The wine in Temecula is on par with Napa and France, and the food at all those places are good as well as the views. Single babes everywhere, as well that might be intrigued by the Aussie accent. But be on your best behavior, I know you Aussie's get rowdy and it may scare away the type of girls that frequent the wineries.

Personally if I were you, I'd try to be based out of a coastal city and have one of the rental places bring your bike to the track. Rent a car and drive around, see what California really has to offer. Like I said, I have lived in Temecula, San Diego and now Dana Point, and I honestly get depressed having to go back to Temecula for any reason even though the majority of my friends live there. It truly is the arm pit of California.

Any other questions, just ask!

The Shop

BurtbaC
3/20/2018 8:45am
Pacific Beach, 'nuff said.
Brent
3/20/2018 8:56am Edited Date/Time 3/20/2018 8:57am
Temecula/ Murrieta is a bedroom community for San Diego and Anaheim commuters, not much more.

If you want to ride a lot it’s okay to be based here, but if you want to have a great social experience, base yourself near downtown San Diego.
With Aussie accents you will not find a shortage of attention down in the Gaslamp...
Brent
3/20/2018 9:01am
Kyle978 wrote:
You generally won't find any relevant riders partying in Temecula, maybe on a single occasion in September/October, but most are smart enough to realize there's a...
You generally won't find any relevant riders partying in Temecula, maybe on a single occasion in September/October, but most are smart enough to realize there's a lot of people with cell phones that shoot video/pictures. With such a high concentration of the moto industry and fans being in the IE, they wouldn't be relaxed and able to be themselves. Matthes takes these made-up scenarios and runs with them for his shows benefit.

If you're staying in Murrieta, old town Temecula will be your hang out. 1909 is good for brunch and lunch, and lots of babes. Luke's on Front is a rooftop restaurant/bar with awesome food and a good atmosphere. For night life, Blackbird's Tavern and Stampede are the two spots. Blackbird's is more you hip-hop crowd, Stampede is more country with line-dancing and all that shit. If there are any days you aren't riding and need to fill some time, Temecula wine country is a lot of fun to go to the different wineries and get fucked up. The wine in Temecula is on par with Napa and France, and the food at all those places are good as well as the views. Single babes everywhere, as well that might be intrigued by the Aussie accent. But be on your best behavior, I know you Aussie's get rowdy and it may scare away the type of girls that frequent the wineries.

Personally if I were you, I'd try to be based out of a coastal city and have one of the rental places bring your bike to the track. Rent a car and drive around, see what California really has to offer. Like I said, I have lived in Temecula, San Diego and now Dana Point, and I honestly get depressed having to go back to Temecula for any reason even though the majority of my friends live there. It truly is the arm pit of California.

Any other questions, just ask!
Luke’s??

you can catch an STD just by walking in that place...
Kyle978
3/20/2018 9:05am
Brent wrote:
Luke’s??

you can catch an STD just by walking in that place...
You have that comment for Luke's, but not Blackbird's? Blink
Gonzo0100
3/20/2018 9:11am
This is all good advice. The greater Temecula area is great, but it is quiet. Some fun wine tasting in the surrounding areas. If you want to feel like you went on vacation in California, you need to stay in Orange County. I live in Huntington Beach, have my entire life, so anywhere between here and San Clemente will feel like SoCal. I would recommend Huntington or Newport. They are not cheap places to stay, but they are beach communities with tons of local hot spots, dinning, shopping etc....

If I had an Aussie accent and was single on vacation, id be downtown HB or Newport a lot.... If you aren't motoing on a weekend, rent a beach cruiser and hit the boardwalk, given it is our "off season" (chilly 65 degrees at night) there is always life and things to see and do.

What would be epic, if you can swing it, is to stay somewhere around HB or Newport and rent a couple motorcycles to shuttle you back and forth to Temecula. The Ortega highway is a fun ride and very direct to that area. Its a ride, so I wouldn't recommend it tired, but if you are up for it, its pretty scenic.

If you are looking for restaurant or spot suggestions let me know, im happy to help, as I am sure many others are.
Brent
3/20/2018 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2018 5:57pm
Kyle978 wrote:
You have that comment for Luke's, but not Blackbird's? Blink
TongueTongueTongue

Old town 'mecula is a trip for I.E. skank watching, especially when some of the fine Lake Elsinore and Wild-Omar "ladies" are in town and looking to party on a friday evening...
gnarwhip
3/20/2018 6:08pm
As with anywhere in Southern California, stick to the coast. Hotter chicks, clean ocean air, little more 'spensive, but it's worth it. Also key: avoid the freeways from 4-8 pm.
ob
3/20/2018 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2018 7:03pm
Everything Matthes thinks or says is based off his experiences 20 years ago. Shit ain’t the same anymore, racers don’t hang out at club rubber and ktm sprocket bolts don’t come loose every moto. If you want to run into those guys you will need a gym membership or see them at the track.

Post a reply to: Race SoCal

The Latest