Race Day Schedule F$%K Up

Zycki11
With LimeGate being held, I feel it is imperative to understand just how badly Feld missed. If they knew a storm was coming at a certain time. Why wouldn't they hold practice at the normal time, followed by covering the track? This is turn allows the fans to actually use the NBC sports app to watch qualifying that we paid for. The teams get more time to prep the bikes and be prepared for the evening. The track to be in much better condition come 7pm, and prevent this entire disaster that will possibly cost Feld money when they are already to cheap to properly pay the riders.
|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
2/4/2019 6:35pm
Zycki11 wrote:
With LimeGate being held, I feel it is imperative to understand just how badly Feld missed. If they knew a storm was coming at a certain...
With LimeGate being held, I feel it is imperative to understand just how badly Feld missed. If they knew a storm was coming at a certain time. Why wouldn't they hold practice at the normal time, followed by covering the track? This is turn allows the fans to actually use the NBC sports app to watch qualifying that we paid for. The teams get more time to prep the bikes and be prepared for the evening. The track to be in much better condition come 7pm, and prevent this entire disaster that will possibly cost Feld money when they are already to cheap to properly pay the riders.
I thought about this quite a bit and one problem is the time it takes to tarp and untarp the track. According to a few people I asked, it takes over an hour to untarp the track while pushing water off and it takes upwards of two hours to correctly re-tarp the track. If they would've run practice early, they could've re-tarped the track in time for the rain. The real problem came down to untarping the track before the night show. Considering the opening ceremonies start at 6:30 and the last batch of heavy rain ran through around 6:20. When there's standing water on the tarps, it takes longer to pull them off and disperse the water properly. Basically, they wouldn't have had time to pull them before the first heat race would have to start due to the tv schedule.

Post a reply to: Race Day Schedule F$%K Up

The Latest