RXR Xcrossed Knee Brace - Anyone ever try them?

Kashby712
Edited Date/Time 4/6/2020 2:06pm
I keep getting a Facebook ad from RXR Protect about the Xcrossed knee braces they have for $199/pair. They look like knock-off Donjoy braces, almost exactly. I have pods now and love them, but just curious, does anyone have any experience with these?
|
4/5/2020 2:46pm
I'm really curious about them too. Also curious about their chest protector
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
4/6/2020 6:19am
their shit looks solid,and they've got legit riders so its not just some knock off brand
mxbrian15
4/6/2020 7:39am
soggy wrote:
their shit looks solid,and they've got legit riders so its not just some knock off brand
I'd have to admit, they look VERY similar to DonJoy knee braces....

Having legit riders doesn't always mean a product is good. A lot of professional riders will wear almost anything if it pays well.

The Shop

soggy
Fantasy
3857th
4/6/2020 7:48am
soggy wrote:
mxbrian15 wrote:
I'd have to admit, they look VERY similar to DonJoy knee braces.... Having legit riders doesn't always mean a product is good. A lot of professional...
I'd have to admit, they look VERY similar to DonJoy knee braces....

Having legit riders doesn't always mean a product is good. A lot of professional riders will wear almost anything if it pays well.
I don't think they would sacrifice good protection though. I could be wrong. The riders were all wearing there chest protectors, no word on the braces yet. the knee shin protection looks a bit cheap in pictures.

DF, Jo Shimoda, Ashley Fiolek are some of the riders that wore, or are wearing the chest protectors.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
4/6/2020 8:50am
I haven’t used their knee braces, but I wouldn’t mind trying them at some point. I’ve been wearing their chest protectors on and off for the last dozen years. I’ve had four different models over the years. You won’t find a chest protector that protects from impacts better than what these guys offer.

Here is their newest one that was introduced over the winter.

Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
4/6/2020 11:35am
T-Fish wrote:
I haven’t used their knee braces, but I wouldn’t mind trying them at some point. I’ve been wearing their chest protectors on and off for the...
I haven’t used their knee braces, but I wouldn’t mind trying them at some point. I’ve been wearing their chest protectors on and off for the last dozen years. I’ve had four different models over the years. You won’t find a chest protector that protects from impacts better than what these guys offer.

I'm using the last gen RXR (Bullet) and really like it, but I think in terms of outright protection, the re-branded bull riding vests have to take the cake as far as best protection is concerned.
Tuna
4/6/2020 1:16pm
T-Fish wrote:
I haven’t used their knee braces, but I wouldn’t mind trying them at some point. I’ve been wearing their chest protectors on and off for the...

Looks like a Spinal board. Is it more comfortable than it looks?
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
4/6/2020 2:06pm
T-Fish wrote:

Tuna wrote:
Looks like a Spinal board. Is it more comfortable than it looks?
I live in Wisconsin, so I haven’t been able to ride with it yet. Trying it on and getting it adjusted is all I’ve been able to do with it, but yes, it’s very comfortable. Seems to conform to my body more than any other chest protector I’ve used (plastic ones especially), including the previous RXR versions I’ve had. It’s also very thin so it isn’t bulky when worn beneath your jersey. Shimoda uses one and it’s tough to tell he has one on.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
6/9/2020 7:00am
Just a bump to see if anyone has tried these yet?

Post a reply to: RXR Xcrossed Knee Brace - Anyone ever try them?

The Latest