RXR Protect/Vertebrae Injuries

mike117
3/11/2018 7:39pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 10:28am
Two riders (Decotis and Hampshire) are out with fractured vertebrae; in just one race (scary as hell, as we all know- thankfully neither of their spinal cords were damaged). Does anyone here use the RXR Protect, or does anyone know if any pros are using it? It's "supposed" to offer better protection against impact than a traditional chest protector (it uses inflatable air bladders along with the usual armor). I've never used one, but I might get one now. Anyone think it would protect better than a traditional chest protector?
|
rmoto003
3/11/2018 7:43pm
Dont most vertebrae fractures come from overextension or unnatural bending of the spine/neck? How would a chest protector stop that
mike117
3/11/2018 7:53pm
rmoto003 wrote:
Dont most vertebrae fractures come from overextension or unnatural bending of the spine/neck? How would a chest protector stop that
A hard enough shot to the back can fracture vertebrae, but you're right- about a lot of them happen from the neck getting twisted (which makes me wonder why more pros aren't running neck braces, seemed like a lot more were running them when they first came out.)
tempura
3/11/2018 8:05pm
mike117 wrote:
Two riders (Decotis and Hampshire) are out with fractured vertebrae; in just one race (scary as hell, as we all know- thankfully neither of their spinal...
Two riders (Decotis and Hampshire) are out with fractured vertebrae; in just one race (scary as hell, as we all know- thankfully neither of their spinal cords were damaged). Does anyone here use the RXR Protect, or does anyone know if any pros are using it? It's "supposed" to offer better protection against impact than a traditional chest protector (it uses inflatable air bladders along with the usual armor). I've never used one, but I might get one now. Anyone think it would protect better than a traditional chest protector?
I use one, and I've "tested" it. They work.
mike117
3/11/2018 8:12pm
mike117 wrote:
Two riders (Decotis and Hampshire) are out with fractured vertebrae; in just one race (scary as hell, as we all know- thankfully neither of their spinal...
tempura wrote:
I use one, and I've "tested" it. They work.
Thanks- the thing that bothers me is that I've heard they have crappy air flow and it can get pretty hot wearing one. Might just have to deal with it.

The Shop

jrrundle
3/11/2018 8:27pm
Buddy, you best believe these are far superior to your everyday chest protector. Not only that, but since I bought my first RXR Protect chest protector, my life can't keep her hands off me, my 401k has quadroupled, and that nagging knee pain has disappeared. Buddy, only a sucker would pass up a deal this good.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
3/11/2018 8:32pm
......and astroturfing.
mike117
3/11/2018 10:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 9:03am
kzizok wrote:
......and astroturfing.
Damn, your clever... ok, you got me. I'm a paid poster. I'm also paid by 6D helmets, which I was going to suggest for you to prevent neurological damage in a crash, but I see it's too late for that. Also I want to say NO ONE should buy the 2018 YZ250F... the bike is complete crap, believe m- damn, I blew my cover again! See, I'm also a "paid poster" for Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki, KTM, and Husqvarna. If you'll excuse me, I've got to run out to the mailbox and collect all those checks!
Bramlett321
3/12/2018 10:28am
mike117 wrote:
I had that very same injury happen to me back in October and it's been the worst to date. I also have an artificial disc at my L5/S1 and that has been very successful but this fractured L2 has been and is mortal hell. I'm 47 so speaking as an old man, but these guys are much younger and I pray they get along and heal fast. if I'm not mistaken this happened to Henry Miller back in the summer and he's back riding so that's a positive story.

Post a reply to: RXR Protect/Vertebrae Injuries

The Latest